+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2045
    pCARS: Manager Andrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond repute Andrew Clark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen View Post
    @ bmanic and Micas:

Hehe, you guys remind me of my self when i get a good idea and go nuts in my mind. The ambitions spirals out of control and I'm ending up as ruler of the world with cash raining down on me...
    The "problem" here is that I can't find any convincing counter argument! I agree, this looks like a suspicious good plan/idea! And I'm not just thinking of pCars but the whole concept. The music business has Spotify, TV has Netflix, game distribution has Steam and now(soon) game development has WMD.

And I must say, you guys are one of the best marketing tools SMS have, I hope they appreciate that. Simply inspiring!

(More investments from Norway coming soon )

Hmmm Like this?
    Last edited by Andrew Clark; 15-05-2012 at 04:25.
    Also Known as Birddogg66
    Just Remember when Judging Racing Sims: All are Simmers and fall short of the Glory of Real Life!

pCARS: Senior Pablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud ofPablo Decaroli has much to be proud of Pablo Decaroli's Avatar
    I think this is amazing, being able to invest in a game you like, knowing that the money goes directly to the Devs and not to a publisher who is probably going to ruin the game. What shocks me is how short sighted people is, i mean here you got the "free money" opportunity, you don't even have to like the game, just put the money and wait till the magic happens!
    Classy Gal:
    i7 2600K Cooler: Deepcool Ice Blade Pro | ASUS P8 H77V-LE | Gskill Ripjaws X 8GB 1600MHz with Corsair Airflow | R9 280X Direct CUII Top | Creative Titanium HD & ASUS Xonar DX + Logitech Z5300 + Audio Technica ATH-A700 + AKG K240 MKII |128GB OCz Vertex 3 (OS) + 2x WD 500GB RAID 0 + 1x WD Green 1TB |CM Cosmos S | Seasonic M12II 750w | Windows 7 64-bit |G27 & SRW-S1

Ugly Betty:
    C2Q Q9550 Cooler: CM Hyper 212 plus |ASUS P5E | OCZ Titanium 8GB DDR2 1066MHz | ATI HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium | 2x Samsung 150GB RAID 0 | CM HAF 912| CM UCP 700W | Windows 7 64-bit

pCARS: Senior Manager (x3.2) Micas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond repute Micas's Avatar
    Here's some perspective, copy/pasted from Blues News;

A Rhode Island news report says 38 Studios is in financial distress, and the developer founded by former major league pitcher Curt Schilling is in discussions with the state on how to stay afloat. "We're always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that's what we're doing with 38 Studios," said Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee. "We're working with 38 Studios on different issues. That's all I can report right now." 38 Studios moved to Rhode Island in September after securing $75 million in loan guarantees from the state. Their first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, was released in February, but the story cites NPD data saying the game has sold only around 410K copies across three platforms. Thanks Strategy Informer.
    What do we need.. like.. 1.3 million now? Some broke ass dev gets 75 mil from a state government, that you know they aren't going to pay back selling 410k games at a time. In my view, Rhode Island is throwing good money after bad. How the hell does that happen? It's not like it's General Motors.. it's a freakin' game developer.

Crazy.. especially when you consider that Schilling is loaded. He gets the tax payers to foot the bill, while his exposure is nill - unless on the odd chance they actually make some money. He'll pocket that.

Damn that pisses me off.
    i7 2600K@4.5 | 2 x EVGA GTX670 SC 4GB 335.23 @1200 BC | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 1TB SSD | HT Omega Claro Halo | Asus P67 Evo | 8GB@1866 | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W | W7 x64 | CSW + CSP v2 | 2 x Samsung 24" 1920x1200 + 1 Dell U2412M - surround resolution 5910x1200 |

Super Moderator Remco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond repute Remco Van Dijk's Avatar
    Imagine what SMS could do with one tenth of that state loan...
    CPU i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | Mobo GigaByte GA-P67A-UD4 | RAM 8GB 1866MHz | GPU EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB driver332.81| PSU Corsair Pro Gold AX850 | Audio Xonar DX + Teufel E100 | OS Win 7 64-bit | Screen Iiyama E2773HS 27" 1920x1080 | Wheel Fanatec CSW, CSP v2, CSS, driver184| Misc TrackIR 4 Pro - Fanatec CSL
    In-game settings: DX11/DX11MT | 1920x1080 | Texture Res HIGH | AF16x | VSync ON + Adaptive VSync | AA DS2X | FXAA MEDIUM | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | World HIGH | Shadows ULTRA | Motion Blur OFF
    Ben Collins says I'm fast!

pCARS: Manager (x5) Brainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant futureBrainbug has a brilliant future Brainbug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Imagine what SMS could do with one tenth of that state loan...
    buy licenses
    easy to imagine
    CPU 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | RAM 8GB | GPU ATI 5770 1GB | OS Win7 64bit | SCREEN 20" 1600x1200 | WHEEL Logitech G27 w/Bodnar-Cable | RIG obutto r3volution

pCARS: Senior Manager (x2.8) Pugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond reputePugamall has a reputation beyond repute Pugamall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brooks View Post
    Too be honest this is the first time ive had a bit of disposable income in my life, im still a young guy, and cleared student loan now and all is good.

But my point is...i dont have a huge amount of assets, but the minute i heard about this i was sold. I do think sometimes it was a bit crazy...but this cant go wrong, it simply cant.

And at the minute im looking at my return of contribution to form part of a future investment if Ian and Co. decide to do another project on here, and we can take part again, then the money they give back to me, will go straight back to them, obviously im hoping that my contribution will be far bigger next time, and Senior Manager i am looking at you!
    I would like to think that a lot of wealthy people will be made out of this process, and you never know we will all see each other again on a future project. I would be first to put my hand in and hand over my cash.
    This is also my plan, I have some money my dad left me when he recently passed away, so it's money I never had before and wont be missed as such, I plan to put in what I can, and then pay what is returned back into next project if it is a game I feel will sell, and hope to build up a nest egg as such that way, I intend to keep on doing it as long as I feel I can, and as I still have the bulk of my fathers money still to be paid, I hope to be putting more in as soon as I have it.

Effectivly its money "I wont miss" as such as never had it before if that makes sense
    Last edited by Pugamall; 15-05-2012 at 07:15.
    Remember folks We all laugh in the same language
    A topic/thread for my dad, pls visit :- http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...harity-account
    RIP Pops, Miss You Man, http://www.justgiving.com/Gifford-Binfield

My Supercharged & Nitrous injected Track Car http://youtu.be/AIc_WRvmyMU and my Custom Opel http://youtu.be/HpAL2yQOjW8

CPU: AMD Phenom x4 955 3.2Ghz | GPU: MSI HD R6850 Cyclone 1GB GDDR5 Power Edition|MOBO: MSI 790GX-G65 | RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 1333MHz HyperX Memory | PSU: Xenta 800W Modular 13.5cm Fan | OS: Win7 Ult x32 SP1 and 64 bit | Wheel: Logitech G25 wheel/pedals | Monitor: SyncMaster 22" LCD 1680x1050 60Hz | Corsair 128GB SSD 2.5" SATA-II boot drive | Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers
    PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP and a C64

pCARS: Senior Joeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of light Joeri Blootacker's Avatar
    For me it was quite easy. i don't have 1000€ to spend, i'm not that rich (yet i hope ) however, i don't consider the 100€ i spend as investment. i just wanted to help funding this project.
    any return i might have, will go back to a new project from SMS if that would happen. (pCars 2 for example)

i strongly believe that our project will be a big hit, and i'm just proud to be a (small) part of it !
    the idea of earning something, is not important for me.
    even if there is no return, at least i will get the game, and the idea i helped funding it. if there would be return on investement, well... even better but it will be going back to SMS then as said before.
    this group deserves the best we can get
    Member Status: Senior x2 (Joeri Blootacker & Joeri B)
    System :
    CPU i7 2600K @ 3.4Ghz | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | MSI 680 GTX | OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Club Sport Wheel - Formula + BMW Rim - Club Sport Pedals V2
    C.A.R.S config:
    AF:8X MSAA:8X HDR:On SMAA:High FXAA:SweetFx (thx to Kelnor for settings) resolution:1920:1080

pCARS: Manager (x3) FLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond reputeFLX81 has a reputation beyond repute FLX81's Avatar
    ^ What the duck said.

I ll just add that another benefit of the whole WMD concept is that we can finally get the games we really want. Take Project RALLY for example. Thats a game the community wants really bad and wants it to be a true Richard Burns Rally-Successor, a true "no Gymkhana shit"-rally simulator. Yeah, try to get that funded via Publishers. But here, we can fund it and even put in good money despite knowing it wont sell millions. If it will have a budget similar to pCARS you can still invest without breaking much a sweat, as the break even point in copies sold is so low.
    XMG P502 PRO // I7-3610QM 2.3Ghz/3.3Ghz 6MB 45W Ivy Bridge // GTX 675MX 4GB GDDR5 (337.50) // 16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz // 750GB Seagate Momentus SATA-II // Win 7 Professional 64bit // Logitech G27 // DS3 via Motioninjoy

PSN: FLX81 steam: flx1981

pCARS: Senior Stefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud ofStefan Hartmann has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPing View Post
    I think this is amazing, being able to invest in a game you like, knowing that the money goes directly to the Devs and not to a publisher who is probably going to ruin the game. What shocks me is how short sighted people is, i mean here you got the "free money" opportunity, you don't even have to like the game, just put the money and wait till the magic happens!
    It's not "short sighted" at all, and it's not "free money". pCARS is a risky investment. Like with any risky investment, you get good money, when everything works to plan. But you can lose all your money when it doesn't.

Many game developers went bust in the past. Ian went bust with Blimey! Games before he started SMS.

It all depends on how open you are to risks (at least when people use their brain before throwing in the money. ). It would be short sighted (close to stupid) to put more money in, than you can afford to lose.
    Virtual-Racing e.V. - Home of german simracing
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Scott Coffey,Vic Kirby

pCARS: Senior Joeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of lightJoeri Blootacker is a glorious beacon of light Joeri Blootacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLX81 View Post
    ^ What the duck said.
    Member Status: Senior x2 (Joeri Blootacker & Joeri B)
    System :
    CPU i7 2600K @ 3.4Ghz | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | MSI 680 GTX | OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Club Sport Wheel - Formula + BMW Rim - Club Sport Pedals V2
    C.A.R.S config:
    AF:8X MSAA:8X HDR:On SMAA:High FXAA:SweetFx (thx to Kelnor for settings) resolution:1920:1080