+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 205 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2045
    pCARS: Manager (x2.1) otirc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Blamey View Post
    ...and we've all had 6 months to save up our pennies already.
    I am talking about the one of us who have the money but don't know how much want to put in the project.
    Asus M5A97 Pro, Phenom II 955 BE, 8 GB 1600 Mhz, Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X, triple screen (SoftTH, 23''-32''-23'').

pCARS: Full Member SOXY is a jewel in the roughSOXY is a jewel in the roughSOXY is a jewel in the rough SOXY's Avatar
    Ian, already notice it 3-4 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    What is does mean though is that if you are considering upgrading your tool pack/membership level in the future it might be good to do this within the next 2-3 weeks.
    So its just a mater of time, till that happen.
    Last edited by SOXY; 15-04-2012 at 13:17.
    [ C2Q Q6600 G0 | Asus P5Q-E | GSkill 4GB PC8500 | EVGA 9800GTX+ v335.23 | Logitech DF GT v5.10.127 | Win8.1 64bit ]
    [ Developers controller settings | How to setup wheel | Publishing pCARS Rules | Build Release Notes | AI Sliders usage ]
    The following user likes this Post: Stephan Prinz

pCARS: Senior Manager (x3.2) Micas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond reputeMicas has a reputation beyond repute Micas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otirc View Post
    I am talking about the one of us who have the money but don't know how much want to put in the project.
    It's simple really.. once the balance of the funding is complete, the funding is complete - i.e., there is nothing left of the budget that needs funding. Therefore, additional monies added do nothing but reduce the value of the revenue shares for everyone else.

Part of "investing" (which is not what you're doing) is risk taking. You're not buying government bonds. If you don't think the project, as it stands right this moment, is worth buying additional tool packs, then don't. If it is, then buy them.

It's easy to put money into a project once you have all the answers and you know what the outcome will be. That's when developers need the money the least. It takes faith to put it up at the start when the outcome is cloudy, but that's when developers need the money the most.
    i7 2600K@4.5 | 2 x EVGA GTX780Ti SC 340.52 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 1TB SSD | HT Omega Claro Halo | Asus P67 Evo | 8GB@1866 | Corsair AX1200i | W7 x64 | CSW + CSP v2 | 2 x Samsung 24" 1920x1200 + 1 Dell U2412M - surround resolution 5910x1200 |
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bmanic,lava,Stephan Prinz,SwiftyOne,zapan

pCARS: Manager Andrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond repute Andrew Clark's Avatar
    We are so close to 1 million on our side of the funding. It would be nice to see that happen before it all is final would make a great statement to this whole concept of WMD. As for me I am locked down right now and can't budge. Wish I could.
    Also Known as Birddogg66

pCARS: Senior Manager (x4.98) Martin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud of Martin Nilsson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micas View Post
    It's easy to put money into a project once you have all the answers and you know what the outcome will be. That's when developers need the money the least. It takes faith to put it up at the start when the outcome is cloudy, but that's when developers need the money the most.
    Mica, when it comes to the risk taking there is another significant factor which is how much people have to loose. I have admiration for you putting your money in early but the calculation must be risk compared to potential gain versus how much it would hurt if things did not go well. I get the impression that for you a loss would have been more sustainable than for most.

I'm in the process of putting in an additional 13K which is our family savings. To follow this there will be another 41K from me claiming back mortgage over payments. I'm comfortable with this despite the lack of approval from my family who do not know much about the situation. My wife is being supportive but is clearly concerned and my daughter thinks I.m nuts. Loosing the money would not put us out on the streets but it is big deal for us. I simply wouldn't have considered putting that amount of money in earlier due to steering lag issues etc because the risk was perceived to be too high in comparison to the available funds. Please don't think too badly of those who did not have the luxury of being able to put in large amounts earlier. The project needs investment from people like you, the developers and people like me. Please don't grade our contributions on the size of our balls or, more likely, the size of our bank accounts.
    The following user likes this Post: BobBack

pCARS: Manager Andrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Clark has a reputation beyond repute Andrew Clark's Avatar
    I don't think that is where Micas is at all as to the other contributors his point is you either do it or not and everyone's situation is different I think you mistook what he was saying.
    Also Known as Birddogg66

Web Content Admin Rob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond repute Rob Prange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJHopwood View Post
    Any chance were going to see any other bodies for this? may a notFord and/or notPontiac.

It should just be a new boy right? the basic chassis and what not are all pretty similar right?
    Wrong topic?

pCARS: Senior Neil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond reputeNeil Hopwood has a reputation beyond repute Neil Hopwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Prange View Post
    Wrong topic?
    Yea, I had the stock car thread open... my bad
    Neil

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series x 2 - Crossfired
    Display Memory: 2806 MB

Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB

Web Content Admin Rob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond reputeRob Prange has a reputation beyond repute Rob Prange's Avatar
    Moved it over for you.
    The following user likes this Post: Neil Hopwood

pCARS: Senior Manager (x4.98) Martin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud ofMartin Nilsson has much to be proud of Martin Nilsson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Clark View Post
    I don't think that is where Micas is at all as to the other contributors his point is you either do it or not and everyone's situation is different I think you mistook what he was saying.
    I'm sorry but it was not just this post. There have been a few comments along the lines of 'well where were you guys a few months ago'. I'm sure that all contributions are appreciated and technically all contributions are equal. Nevertheless hopefully we are all grateful to the people who felt able to put in large amounts in the early stages but also appreciate the differences in individuals circumstances that may have caused them to play it cool for a while.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Andrew Clark,BobBack