+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    pCARS: Full Member Pinni is an unknown quantity at this point
    Well, as much as I loved being a part of Project Cars development and watching it grow, I'm extremely disappointed that as backers we were cut out of the ability to join Project Cars 2 by cutting off the buy in as the returns came through. I really can't see how you can 'reach capacity' for a forum. We're all aware there are no returns this time round yet we were happy to throw our returns from the previous project back into your next project as they became available. I really can not express my disappointment in words to a level that would explain it.

Regards
    Mathew
    CPU:i5 3570k MB:Asrock RAM:Gskill 16GB 1600MHz GPU:7950OC powercolor PSU:Gigabyte 900w OS:Win8.1 Pro 64Bit WHEEL:G27 Logitech

Community Ambassador Jussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond repute Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinni View Post
    I really can't see how you can 'reach capacity' for a forum.
    They reached the limit they were willing to handle. In pCARS one of the problems was too much noise on the forums, making it harder to focus on the important things, and limiting the number of people is one of the ways they're addressing that. This time they don't need the money from us either, so there's no need to get in as many members as possible. It's just the way the development will work this time.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My Setup Calculator Spreadsheet Tool Thingy

Data Gathering For The Setup Calculator is finished, massive thanks to everyone who participated!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

I can appreciate the need to limit the background noise in the forums. But, we don't all have the financial capacity to fork out that much money for a beta participation program. Yet getting our returns afforded us that ability which we would not always be as fortunate to get. Yes, I'm butt hurt about it. I know. I'm just really disappointed the only people who WMD excluded from the PC2 program were the ones who needed their returns to fund their entry.
    CPU:i5 3570k MB:Asrock RAM:Gskill 16GB 1600MHz GPU:7950OC powercolor PSU:Gigabyte 900w OS:Win8.1 Pro 64Bit WHEEL:G27 Logitech
    The following user likes this Post: Hugh Crummond

pCARS: Manager (x1.7) Tim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant futureTim Foster has a brilliant future Tim Foster's Avatar
    I read somewhere that there was a strict limit to the number of beta steam users that could be supported (2500?), so recruiting beyond this number would have been troublesome to say the least.
    Intel Q6600 @ 2.7, 8GB PC800 RAM, nVidia GTX 660 2GB + softTH, Intel 160GB SSD + 2x Samsung 1.5TB HDD, Win 7 64-bit, Toshiba 37" 1080P TV (Center) + 2x Dell 30" 3007 WFP (Left + Right), Logitech G25, Creative SB X-Fi + Logitech G35 Headset

pCARS: Manager TheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDoctor46 has a reputation beyond repute TheDoctor46's Avatar
    You may also have a re-read at Ians post... Nothing is written in stone just yet.

EDIT: while Im re-reading it I may have misinterpret it as well because its about pC2 being an investment

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Thanks for you kind words everyone, it's really very much appreciated.

We are in the process of creating an investment opportunity (fully legally) with the help of a third party. If it pans out as expected, pCARS2 might well open the doors again.
    Last edited by TheDoctor46; 18-09-2015 at 10:18.
    System Spec: CPU: Intel Xeon 1231v3 | RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 | GPU: Gigabyte 970 4GB | DRIVE: Sandisk 120GB SSD | WD 1TB HDD | SYSTEM: Win7 64bit | INPUT: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP | OUTPUT: 1x ASUS MX279H + Logitech Z323
    Fidelity: Resolution: 1920x1080 | AA: DSx2 | AF: 16x |Reflections: High | Envmap Quality: High | Vehicle Details: Ultra | World Details: High | Shadow Details: High | else OFF | HDR Photographic

Download MikeyTT's MultiDisplay App here!!

In memoria di Marco Simoncelli #58
    The following user likes this Post: Not Available

Well I certainly hope that eventuates. I may well hold on to my money for that.

pCARS: Senior Hugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Crummond has a reputation beyond repute Hugh Crummond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinni View Post
    I can appreciate the need to limit the background noise in the forums. But, we don't all have the financial capacity to fork out that much money for a beta participation program. Yet getting our returns afforded us that ability which we would not always be as fortunate to get. Yes, I'm butt hurt about it. I know. I'm just really disappointed the only people who WMD excluded from the PC2 program were the ones who needed their returns to fund their entry.
    Im with you there brother
    ~~ only ONE WISH sms.... FREECAM RETURN - exe short... anything please ~~

pCARS: Senior Schadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud ofSchadows has much to be proud of Schadows's Avatar
    Knowing that a 110% return was coming, people should have been able to register for the 1st tier before the closure.
    And if people struggle so much with money each month they had to wait for the returns to afford paying £50 (without being able to save that amount, little by little, since the announcement) ... I would say they probably have bigger fish to fry.
    OS: Win7 x64 CPU: i5 4690K GPU: ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Extreme RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10
    Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) Display: Samsung 3D HDTV 46" Sound: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    The following user likes this Post: Graham Hawkins

pCARS: Full Member TheFunkDr is on a distinguished road
    Is it to late for last chance sign up? I was a full member tester for Pcars1, I've been off the forums for a long time due to life activities,
    Would love to be involved with Pcars2!!! Pretty please can I be?

Super Moderator Remco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond reputeRemco Van Dijk has a reputation beyond repute Remco Van Dijk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkDr View Post
    Is it to late for last chance sign up? I was a full member tester for Pcars1, I've been off the forums for a long time due to life activities,
    Would love to be involved with Pcars2!!! Pretty please can I be?
    Sign up closed a long time ago already, as the number of entries was limited.
    CPU i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU 2x GTX780 3GB SLI 990/6008 (347.52)| Audio Xonar Phoebus + Teufel E100 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Wheel Fanatec CSW v2 + UH, CSP v2, CSS SQ, CSH, driver218b | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, CSL seat, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON + Adaptive VSync | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays OFF | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.