+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    pCARS CARS: Junior daze46 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Nobody is lying. Let's get that straight. There are different methods being used for sampling. Unless Bandai Namco track every purchase.

So there's no deliberate deception going on from any source.

However, it would be nice to know all the assumptions and sampling methods being used by all of them. Then it would be possible to make an informed decision. Presumably, Dr Ian Bell who has a Ph.D in psychology has access to the methods the publisher used. He has statistical knowledge from his studies that far outstrips all forum members combined. What is required is some hard data and hopefully a bigger sample size of global retailers than 150.

Pure naysaying without cold hard data doesn't progress any analysis.

pCARS: Manager (x2) Machinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud ofMachinaea has much to be proud of Machinaea's Avatar
    Oh dear. There are different methods of sampling, but VGChartz doesn't do data based sampling, they only guess sales. It's ridiculous to assume that Bandai Namco's sampling based on the data retailers give them isn't the most accurate, because it is and it has to be. If they announce a million sales, they are absolutely sure because of the legal implications of providing inaccurate performance numbers.

You are also ridiculously moving the goal posts; we can't ask BN/SMS to provide the data or sampling of the sales, because it's illegal. All console manufacturers and Steam have strict NDA's on providing sales data in detail. We do however know the methods of Steamspy and VGChartz, and there can be no doubt as to which is the more reliable, as the other is based on data sampling and known to be within the margin of error in the majority of cases (read more here:http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGali...ays_Part_7.php) and the other is known to guess sales based on a select few sales reports and a ton of guesswork and known to be far from close in hundreds of cases.

So, please can we stop this ridiculous discussion?
    |ASUS P6T SE | Intel i920@2.66GHz | ASUS ATI Radeon HD5850@760MHz | 6GB 1600MHz Triple Channel DDR3 | 3x Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Logitech MOMO |

pCARS: Senior Alan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond repute Alan Dallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinaea View Post
    Oh dear. There are different methods of sampling, but VGChartz doesn't do data based sampling, they only guess sales. It's ridiculous to assume that Bandai Namco's sampling based on the data retailers give them isn't the most accurate, because it is and it has to be. If they announce a million sales, they are absolutely sure because of the legal implications of providing inaccurate performance numbers.

So, please can we stop this ridiculous discussion?
    That one reason right there is enough. Bandai Namco[7832:JP, NCBDF:NY] is a publicly traded company. Lying to shareholders is bad mojo. BNH has 222M shares outstanding currently and cost is low right now also. hmmmm. wonder if I could get my old Broker to spot me a few hundred shares. $19 a share on the NYSE, so tempting.
    Last edited by Alan Dallas; 14-07-2015 at 22:08.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS / GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB OC Edition(Drvr R350 WHQL)
    Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Case: COOLER MASTER HAF XM | PSU: CORSAIR TX750M 750W | Monitor: 24" ASUS VH242H | O/S: Win8.1 Pro-64bit |
    Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE Wheel

CPU-Z Validation
    Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "It's in that place where I put that thing that time." ~Phreak

pCARS: Senior C3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond reputeC3PO has a reputation beyond repute C3PO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dallas View Post
    That one reason right there is enough. Bandai Namco[7832:JP, NCBDF:NY] is a publicly traded company. Lying to shareholders is bad mojo. BNH has 222M shares outstanding currently and cost is low right now also. hmmmm. wonder if I could get my old Broker to spot me a few hundred shares. $19 a share on the NYSE, so tempting.
    Name:  BN.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  162.6 KB

ouch...
    Specs: No Kids; i7 5820K @3.8GHz; nvidia GTX 980Ti 6GB; 3 x Iiyama 24" monitors running at 5760 x 1080; 16GB DDR4 2133 RAM; 120GB SSD; 1000W PSU; Win8.1 Home Premium 64 bit; Fanatec CSB v2 + Carbon Formula Wheel; Fanatec Club Sport Pedals; FREXGP Sequential Shift+; Corbeau Revenge GT1 seat; Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II speakers; Fibre broadband: 300Mbps down / 30Mbps up

pCARS CARS: Junior daze46 is an unknown quantity at this point
    NDA = no answer = that's the end of that

pCARS: Senior Alan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Dallas has a reputation beyond repute Alan Dallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO View Post

ouch...
    LOL, Buy low, sell high Chris.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS / GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB OC Edition(Drvr R350 WHQL)
    Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Case: COOLER MASTER HAF XM | PSU: CORSAIR TX750M 750W | Monitor: 24" ASUS VH242H | O/S: Win8.1 Pro-64bit |
    Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE Wheel

CPU-Z Validation
    Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "It's in that place where I put that thing that time." ~Phreak
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blowfishrulez,C3PO

pCARS: Full Member LogRoad is just really niceLogRoad is just really niceLogRoad is just really niceLogRoad is just really niceLogRoad is just really nice LogRoad's Avatar
    Sure would be nice to see that chart with May and June included.
    i5-4670K; GTX 660, 2GB; 8GB 1866MHz; 512GB SSD; 1TB HDD; 650W PSU; 24" display; Win7 64-bit; Carbide 200R case.

Community Ambassador Jussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond reputeJussi Viljami Karjalainen has a reputation beyond repute Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daze46 View Post
    Are VG Chartz unreliable?
    Their numbers are frequently 100-200% off on most games, they're less than worthless.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My Setup Calculator Spreadsheet Tool Thingy

Data Gathering For The Setup Calculator is finished, massive thanks to everyone who participated!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!