+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Free User franklin is on a distinguished road
    as Junior Member I wish new build improve driving feeling, I know developers dont like compares, but it is necessary, please we need physics nearest to RACE 07 and would be special to have a porcent rate of difficult instead of EASY, MEDIUM and HARD...
    Professional drivers always say to drive touring cars are not so hard as found at sim games, please horry about to have real physics instead of a best challenge race game ever made
    WTCC drivers or engineers are contribuiting to this project?

pCARS: Full Member kselman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiespag View Post
    What I hope is focused on almost as equal as car and tire physics is the other part of the driving equation. This being the track; a greater advanced form of "Live Track Technology". This should have a track that reflects the reality of changing conditions due to air and track temp, weather, rubber build up, dust and dirt brought onto the track from driver or AI mistakes, actual conditions from the region where the track is located (sand, dust etc. and reflecting it's minimal or constant use throughout the year and maybe even residual rubber build up from the support races that use different tire compounds), klag, oil. All this should be represented in actual and realistic sections/portions of track...on the racing line and off the racing line. It is important to have these differences of grip shown 'vertical' (front to back, and side to side) ie. 2-4ft from the racing line, to sections of variances from 5-10ft ahead to behind, just before corners, in corners and coming out of corners. This hopefully will be created in realistic live time and not something 'looped' and thus gimmicky. When one thinks about this, you realize that this track/tarmac portion of the sim software is just as complex in computing and creating as the car/tire itself... yet just as beautiful for the driver/racer to experience.
    As long of a shot as it is, would it be possible to implement a particle engine for sand to move onto the track in windy condition/when a car "pushes" sand into the raceway or when tyres carry it back on?
    Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.2Ghz
    ATI 5770 1GB
    8GB 1333Mhz RAM
    1Tb HD
    2Tb External

Logitech G27 (Stolen)
    360 Controller :(

pCARS: Full Member Kabba is on a distinguished road
    Hi.

I have great hopes in this sim, the career mode looks great and I know lots of things will be added in the future. But, in my opinion the most important thing is drive feeling, and actually I have too much trouble with my fanatec to get a good feeling, too much input lag or not sure what it is but if I turn the wheel a little, i have to wait before the car actually turn. It's not drivable for me so I dont spent more time on C.A.R.S. but I'm sure it will be fixed
    The following user likes this Post: scared4life

pCARS: Team Member Russell Magill is on a distinguished road Russell Magill's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me when Junior Members should expect a build update? As it is the following month from when the last update (73) was made available to us, thanks.

pCARS: Team Member Joao Monteiro has a spectacular aura aboutJoao Monteiro has a spectacular aura about
    First Friday of each month (which means next Friday you'l have a new build too)

Free User franklin is on a distinguished road
    Input lag is the main issue from NFSU1/2, after years still been a big problem, but for fanatec wheels it is also a problem with other games, I saw a video of the guy from insidesimracing playing f1 2011 with some much lag

Free User porosenoq is an unknown quantity at this point
    I have input lag too. I am using a logitech g25 wheel and I notice that when i turn the wheel it takes some time before the game react. I don't know what is the reason for this, but it makes driving realy hard. I even struggle in straight lines. I am pretty sure I've set up my wheel correctly. I have expirience with some other race-sims and there is no such problem there. I realy hope it will be an improvement, because I like the game very much and I have big expectations for it.

pCARS: Manager Markus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond reputeMarkus Siegmeth has a reputation beyond repute Markus Siegmeth's Avatar
    There was the same issue with NfS Shift 2 regarding input lag. But this was quite easily fixed by disabling input dampening in the file XML vehicleset_pc_xinput_default, there was a setting called
    DampeningEnabled="1"
    which had to be set to 0 - and voilá: input lag was gone! Drifting events were impossible before but a charm afterwards!
    I think Shift 2 and CARS have the same underlying technology - but there seems to be no such file in CARS afaik

EDIT: nevermind - found the setting in the debug options! Now everything behaves as it should - input lag is greatly reduced and the cars are FAR more controllable!
    Last edited by Markus Siegmeth; 01-11-2011 at 18:38.
    The following user likes this Post: Seeker7

pCARS: Team Member sagea is on a distinguished road sagea's Avatar
    Hi,
    thank you for this amazing simulation! even at this level of development, the quality is really in return! I already dream to see the quality of finished software. Great job

Bye
    Last edited by sagea; 05-11-2011 at 11:24.

Free User GAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant futureGAT_Montana has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Input lag is the main issue from NFSU1/2, after years still been a big problem, but for fanatec wheels it is also a problem with other games, I saw a video of the guy from insidesimracing playing f1 2011 with some much lag
    I am playing F1 2011 on Xbox360 and PC and I nver had this problem you are talking about. its just a question of setting. In Codemasters Games much important is to set the dumping to -3, drift to 0. Rotation degrees, ff, shock and ABS as you prefere. All others to Zero, thats it. In most cases problems with Fanatec steering are "selfmade". In case of Shift 2 (especially console) its the game, true unfortunately. otherwise I still would love the game).