+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    pCARS: Full Member Captain Crunch is on a distinguished road
    An Idea to be considered. How many times have we all got a new game or sim and spent at least the first five minutes hiting enter to try and skip a intro video or some other useless gabage before we even get to the main menu? To many games and sim's alike fall prey to the idea of being pritty first. Don't get me wrong I love good graphics and sometimes have a hard time replaying some of my old favorites after so many years. My point is that by creating a entry into the game without all the frills you can add a button that allows the user to choose to watch the intro and not be forced into it at every corner. There is no reason at all anyone can give me that we need a movie at the begining of a game when don't need one. Thus creating a stream lined user interface thats direct and to the point, This will clearly reduce time spent on useless assets and reduce pruduction times. Case in point NFS shift 2 unleashed, Sure it looks fancy and its a sight to be hold. Buts theres no reason to waste the users time and resources that have nothing to do with my gaming experience. Another example and a very frustrating one Dirt 3 and dirt 2 had a pretty serious fault. If you had to restart your career or something similar you are forced to sit through all sorts of frustrating videos and load screens and accept this and that. I cannot imagine I'm the only one that feels this is very intrusive, and can ruin the mood to race all together. In my opinion to much time and effort has been wasted in rescent years on having some flashing menu system that add no real value to the gameplay as a whole. Sure some console gamers might get a wiff of some eye candy from across the room because of such needless graphical nonsence, but in the end we look back at some of the industry leading examples (Rfactor, Iracing) these sims have skipped most or all of this eye candy and gone straight for the metaphorical jugular when it comes to direct to the nitty grity. I think by dumping the user right to a main menu with obvious buttons to cinimatics and other candy you will make the majority client/user much happier.

pCARS: Senior Rick Rookie will become famous soon enoughRick Rookie will become famous soon enough Rick Rookie's Avatar
    I agree. In some cases less is more
    ------------------ My english is very arcade. So please forgive me my mistakes. ------------------

I7 2600k - Coolermaster V8 - GTX570 Phantom - 8GB CorsairXMS - Asus P8H67 - BeQuiet! P9 850W -
    SSD 2x Kingston 128GB - HD 2TB - Sound: M-Audio Audiophile2496 - Win7 64 - Samsung 27'' -
    Controller: Logitech Rumblepad2 + G27 (new and boxed :D) - Nothing's OC and Drivers actual
    Screenshots: http://sonicsolution.deviantart.com/gallery/33241458#

Free User djotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to beholddjotefsoup is a splendid one to behold
    I don't mind a good intro movie (as in rF, GTR2, GTR Evo, etc)

The only real sin here is the LOOK DID YOU FORGET WHO PUBLISHED THE GAME, DIDYA, WELL WE'LL MAKE SURE YOU CAN NEVER FORGET thing EA and other major publishers pull with their unskippable publisher/studio credits.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Dfrag,ermo,gogoger,MEFF1091,Ranieri89,Seeker7

pCARS: Manager Are Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond reputeAre Leistad has a reputation beyond repute Are Leistad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killrathy1975 View Post
    ... I think by dumping the user right to a main menu with obvious buttons to cinimatics and other candy you will make the majority client/user much happier.
    GT5 has an option for that. So should C.A.R.S..

Intros are cool to watch once or twice, but the novelty wears off real quick.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: ceravis,ermo,kibert,noroardanto,Rodrigo Borba,Seeker7

pCARS: Manager (x2) petrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond reputepetrolhd has a reputation beyond repute petrolhd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Camolesi View Post
    I'm an onwer of NKP licence since its release, and seriously, I can't see any positive point in this feature. It is not usefull and please tell me how you can drive and point your mouse onto a button on the screen while you do it.

What we really need is a GOOD simulator with AMAZING graphics, sound, accurated physics, raw and precise force feedback, a strong netcode, and perhaps day-nyght cycle, climatic changes and live track.

We don't need thousands of tracks and cars, not at first moment.

What we really need is something very well done, something with high quality in all senses.

We don't need to walk around the track or click virtual buttons on the screen.

Day - Night cycle a must for 24 or 12 hour races
    RACETEK SIMULATORS FORMULA RIG
    RIG Rseat Formula + Triple 42" Screens with T3 stand + Shell Shock + Bluetooth Surround sound
    CPU i5 4790k, WaterCooled MB Z97 1150, RAM 16GB DDR3, GPU Nvidia GTX770 4GB x2 (SLI), DX11, OS W7 64bit Ultimate SP1,
    WHEEL CS Base + Formula (152) PEDALS CS2 V2

RACETEK SIMULATORS GT RIG
    RIG Rseat RS1 + 46" Screen + Buttkicker + Surround sound
    CPU i5 4960k, Water Cooled MB Z87 1150, RAM 16GB DDR3, GPU 2x Nvidia GTX970 4GB, DX11, OS W8.1 64bit,
    WHEEL CS Base + OMP GT Wheel PEDALS CS2 V2 SHIFTER Sequential shifter

GULFSPORT RACING RIG (BY RACETEK)
    RIG Rseat Formula + Triple 27" Screens + Shell Shock + Surround sound
    CPU i5 4790, Watercooled MB Z97, RAM 8GB DDR3, GPU 2x Nvidia GTX770 (SLI), DX11, OS Win7 64bit Pro SP1,
    WHEEL CS Base + Formula (152) PEDALS CS2 V2 SHIFTER Frex

Visit the Racetek facebook page here
    GulfSport Racing here
    and Dubai Autodrome here
    The following 4 users likes this Post: MrDarceh,Rodrigo Borba,scared4life,Seeker7

pCARS: Team Member banjowyobow is on a distinguished road
    I honestly expected more sensitivity of realism in driving the ffb is horrible, looks like a NFS, people going to do real physics as in GTR2 please ... Thank you.

pCARS: Full Member Rocinante is on a distinguished road Rocinante's Avatar
    Thank you for doing this, I hope to be an asset to the project.

Free User TurboGigi will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by banjowyobow View Post
    I honestly expected more sensitivity of realism in driving the ffb is horrible, looks like a NFS, people going to do real physics as in GTR2 please ... Thank you.

Build 78 has made ​​great strides forward with FFB and our contribution should be no complaints, but an indication of the problem! No need to repeat the same refrain. The team is working on it and is aware of the work to be done.
    Check your settings because it is not true that it seems NFS.
    Last edited by TurboGigi; 26-10-2011 at 09:59.
    The following user likes this Post: Fernandes Moura

pCARS: Team Member xwelder is on a distinguished road xwelder's Avatar
    have the best of both worlds....leave the long into videos for people that want & like them & for the i wanna get to the game now brigade like myself include a check box that skips the intros..
    Motherboard :M4A88Td-v Evo|Amd Phenom ii x 4 955 Black edition 3.2ghz |GTX 560Ti PCI-E 2GB GDDR5 |16 gig ddr3 ram.500gb sata 2 hd|Dx9c.Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel |windows 7 64 bit
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gogoger,Seeker7

pCARS: Team Member eddiespag is on a distinguished road
    What I hope is focused on almost as equal as car and tire physics is the other part of the driving equation. This being the track; a greater advanced form of "Live Track Technology". This should have a track that reflects the reality of changing conditions due to air and track temp, weather, rubber build up, dust and dirt brought onto the track from driver or AI mistakes, actual conditions from the region where the track is located (sand, dust etc. and reflecting it's minimal or constant use throughout the year and maybe even residual rubber build up from the support races that use different tire compounds), klag, oil. All this should be represented in actual and realistic sections/portions of track...on the racing line and off the racing line. It is important to have these differences of grip shown 'vertical' (front to back, and side to side) ie. 2-4ft from the racing line, to sections of variances from 5-10ft ahead to behind, just before corners, in corners and coming out of corners. This hopefully will be created in realistic live time and not something 'looped' and thus gimmicky. When one thinks about this, you realize that this track/tarmac portion of the sim software is just as complex in computing and creating as the car/tire itself... yet just as beautiful for the driver/racer to experience.
    The following user likes this Post: gogoger