PDA

View Full Version : Take A Country Drive With Build 179

Rob Prange
23-03-2012, 04:17
The newest build of Project CARS is available, adding a brand new type of track to the WMD-powered simulation.

For more, please check out the frontpage story:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/take-a-country-drive-with-build-179/

ONT
23-03-2012, 04:21
Looks cool :cool:

Dimahoo
23-03-2012, 04:36
They're amazing. Both have reverse configs too.

Ryzza5
23-03-2012, 05:27
Haven't tried it yet, but if there are numerous long tracks with similar features to this one then that's almost as good as an open world in my book.

Keep up the fantastic work guys.

Cipher
23-03-2012, 06:33
Wow those screens look awesome. Keep it up guys you all are amazing!

wergor
23-03-2012, 09:56
:a37: the screens look awesome! can't wait to try these two tracks.

Graham Hawkins
23-03-2012, 10:18
We just need this car and road now :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqtNThufkk

EDIT: And the background music is a must too!

[PSR]Painkiller
23-03-2012, 11:19
:a45::a45: come on torrent download!!!!!!!!!just cant wait to taste it

Ryzza5
23-03-2012, 11:31
That track was brilliant. Just need some slower and/or less edgy cars to enjoy it more.

Hans
23-03-2012, 13:28
Wow guys, the two new coastal tracks are great.
Got my camera and take a ride for a site seeing.
It is good that there is no oncoming traffic.
Man, this is the best I've seen in a game.
Keep up with development, WOW.
:a43:

Dufoe
24-03-2012, 18:47
Hmmm where are these tracks? I DL the 179 version and do not see these tracks available.

Thomas Einoeder
24-03-2012, 18:53
They are only available in Free Practice mode.

Dufoe
24-03-2012, 19:25
Ahh, lol, just found them and came back to rescind my me message. Thanks, they are brilliant!

Andy Garton
24-03-2012, 19:26
They are only available in Free Practice mode.
And race.

Thomas Einoeder
24-03-2012, 20:38
And race.
You're right. But it's hard enough without AI anyway. ;)

Finally I managed a clean run at Azure Coast in the Palmer Jaguar. I stopped counting how many restarts I needed and how often I sweared when hitting a barrier in stage 3 making my time worthless. But it was great fun and the scenery is absolutely brilliant. :)

Velo
24-03-2012, 20:48
I have been away for a while but what a nice surprise these tracks when I got 179! Brilliant! I upgraded my membership and not only because of Ian's post, I am confident that cars is going places :)

Walkman
24-03-2012, 21:49
:a45:

user007
25-03-2012, 04:32
What is the in-game name of this country road? I don't see it in the track selection screen.

Ryzza5
25-03-2012, 04:41
Are you in the correct game mode? (Scroll up)

Sebastian Sterr
25-03-2012, 04:47
I cant help it but I feel those tracks dont fit in the game very well. They sure look nice. I just dont see myself driving them. They did feel kind of boring to me to be honest. A real rally stage with a proper copilot and pace notes is what I would have liked better.

Ryzza5
25-03-2012, 04:52
Well can I offset your post by saying I loved them and so far are one of the biggest content highlights for me. :)

user007
25-03-2012, 05:15
Are you in the correct game mode? (Scroll up)
Yep, I'm in free practice mode. What is the name of the track? Maybe a screenshot will help.
Thanks

Dan Blamey
25-03-2012, 05:50
Yep, I'm in free practice mode. What is the name of the track? Maybe a screenshot will help.
Thanks

California Highway. It's also in race mode. The icon is a green 'highway' sign.

Ryzza5
25-03-2012, 06:06
Other one is just Azure I think.

Dimahoo
25-03-2012, 06:14
Can i just make a small point. If someone had uploaded these tracks onto rFactorcentral, Racedepartment or nogrip, the community there would have a fit.
Out of pure enjoyment. And they host sims.

The only thing wrong with (the California highway) track is their era setting.
You can get away with the Azure because the region hasn't changed too much in history and when real road races were run in similar areas. San Fran did host a Gumball Rally in 2008 (the only race i known of but their maybe others).
So to say its out of character in this kind of game isn't strictly true.

I've said this before but i think this game will need these tracks to differeniate itself from other games.

Ian's spoken to Edge Magazine and they're paying close attention to this because of the fact its a new way of raising funds for games.
So at some point i'd imagine Ian or whoever reps SMS will want to say...
Yeah, sure we have the circuits, but we can do these too...
"Forza cut theirs you say ? Well we've got 2 and they're both longer. Oh and did we mention the great weather we're having - at these tracks?"

And they look good in my virals too. Even if my virals don't! (incidentally the "Azores" one got 500+ hits in the last 5 days which is supposedly very good - i don't know personally having never uploaded anything to YT until i learnt to use Vegas this week).
But if i can get a few sales using them or get the name about - i'll feel content.

FoxID
25-03-2012, 07:37
city tracks are cool. just give me cool car like Ferrari 458 Italia or Aventadore to try coasts!!!! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BCS
25-03-2012, 09:02
The two new tracks are fantastic, amazing work, coupled with the brilliant handling model even at this stage is very very enjoyable to drive along these roads, it made me realise how much of a missed opportunity TDU2 was, they had the roads and asthetics but what an awful driving experience.

I do appreciate that people are concerned that this isnt a hardcore circuit only sim, however from a business perspective it needs to have a bit of everything if its going to appeal to the masses that's needed to make it financially viable. Personally I think SMS are doing a great job of covering the many requirements of different players.

Please ensure that as many options as possible are provided as are the key to meeting the varying requirements of the players, if someone wants to do 100 laps of spa, that should be an option, if someone wants to drive f1 cars around the country roads, why stop them?
I really like the AI settings, sliders, 1% steps for everything, its great!

Keep up the great work and pace that things are moving at.

ps

Delighted to see Nordschleife and brands hatch will be in the final release too.

crimson1973
25-03-2012, 09:41
Awesome... best driving game I have ever driven, and it's not even finished.

-t-
25-03-2012, 10:40
Amazing course. Another +1 here for best driving simulator / game.

Video of my best drive so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjYxsIm9_1Y

Walkman
25-03-2012, 10:47
Well can I offset your post by saying I loved them and so far are one of the biggest content highlights for me. :)

Loved them as well. To be clear, these Stages are what I wanted from a racing game since ever! I dont give a crap on these classical tracks (except for the Nordschleife). Imo they are boring.The only thing that would make these gorgeous Country roads complete would be a everyday normal production car. Something that everybody drives. Name any hot hatchback. I would love to see a good collection of cars to drive on these Countryroads.

Edit: now that I see it. I have a question:

will there be lights on these Tracks in the houses when its night? What about traffic lights.

Ryzza5
25-03-2012, 10:51
Some street-lights would be handy if you've forgotten what button you mapped to your headlights or if you had an earlier accident ;)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vf-Zu6ElEyc/T2xs8wu_AzI/AAAAAAAAIuU/29et8GIeDFA/s1280/pCARS%25202012-03-23%252022-16-28-05.png

Fear Factor
25-03-2012, 18:46
Thank you for this both amazing tracks!
Usually i hate the Ariel Atom but in combination with Azure Coast its now my favourite car! :D
I always prefer A-to-B-tracks and they brings me the pure fun.
Great work and i just say..... more stuff like this!

Now we need a mountain track (somewhere in the Alps) or it would be godlike to drive in a beautiful setting like the Transfagarasan in Romania :D
If this wish come true so i will be in a drivers heaven :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtzEnNSxzJQ

Ryzza5
26-03-2012, 01:13
I was thinking it would also be interesting to add the twisty roads found in the north-east part of O'ahu. That way I wouldn't have to play TDU1 any more, and would also make a cool comparison. Should also prompt a lot of TDU fans to get pCARS.

I've highlighted the most popular cruise route for twisty roads in TDU1 in case you're interested:
http://g.co/maps/z28hk

Travelling along the north coast then down the east coast is also very nice.

Walkman
26-03-2012, 14:32
The interesting aspect of these kinda tracks is imho that you have a change of landscape and other experiences that you donīt have with circletrack (yes yes, I know at first I was sceptic about A to B tracks). Like you start in a city and make your way up to the hillside/coastline/etc, maybe you have weatherchanges, can choose another route once in a while or have bad tarmac conditions. I have to say it again, but you guys at SMS leave me in awe almost every week.:a23:

RoadStar
26-03-2012, 15:21
That track was brilliant. Just need some slower and/or less edgy cars to enjoy it more.
I agree, we need a MX-5 car or a VW Jetta or a BMW Series street car for PCARS.. something a little slower so we have time to admire the scenery and make the handling a little easier....

Rob in Mesquite,Tx

GAT_Montana
26-03-2012, 16:15
I agree, we need a MX-5 car or a VW Jetta or a BMW Series street car for PCARS.. something a little slower so we have time to admire the scenery and make the handling a little easier....

Rob in Mesquite,Tx

Street car would be OK, but....why such extremely boring vehicles? I mean...a MX 5 or, much more worse...a JETTA?????? Common..there are also a lot of attractive street cars on the market :)

Remco Van Dijk
26-03-2012, 16:21
Please don't turn this into another car discussion/request thread guys :)

buzzin_nice
26-03-2012, 16:32
amazing stuff, i just wish we didnt have some of the invisible barriers that prevent you from going over the other side of the carriage way should we wish to do so. also clear markings of turns where you hit the invisible walls etc or remove the invisible walls altogether and make all roads drivable in some form or other basically joining up to the same route further along. hope this makes sense.

Daveebee
28-03-2012, 15:29
Hi Guys,That track is magnificent,I'm not saying I would like to race against other drivers on it,but against the clock as per Time trial.Or maybe just a sightseeing tour . Either way its brilliant

Noemis
07-04-2012, 14:17
With what membership must I have to be able to play these 2 tracks?

Dan Blamey
07-04-2012, 14:45
They are only available in free practice and race modes at the moment.

Andy Garton
07-04-2012, 15:01
With what membership must I have to be able to play these 2 tracks?Team member and above.

Noemis
07-04-2012, 15:22
Cannot resist that... purchased ;)

Thanks!