PDA

View Full Version : Company structure changes coming soon.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 13:58
Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry i can't go into details on specifics here as it's all extremely NDA but it's about 95% certain at this point that SMS will be changing company structure in the sense that we will become part of something bigger and better. This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs and thus will most likely close off investment for members in the very near future.

The terms and conditions of pCARs will remain unchanged for everyone and you'll get all of the agreed benefits.

What is does mean though is that if you are considering upgrading your tool pack/membership level in the future it might be good to do this within the next 2-3 weeks.

None of the above is 100% certain but as I say, it's about 95%

Again, sorry I can't go into specifics but it's good for us, good for you and good for the project.

Cheers!

Graham Hawkins
21-03-2012, 14:00
I'm sure everyone appreciates the heads up.

Alejandro Gorgal
21-03-2012, 14:00
Good to know and thanks for the heads up. If you are getting a publishing deal, Im guessing you'll still have control over the IP and the game's design correct?

Priit Vork
21-03-2012, 14:01
Let's just hope that this doesn't change the development of the game.

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 14:02
Does this include this project only or do you become part "of sth. bigger and better" for an undefined time? Jesus Christ, donīt let EA have a hand in here :a30:

Priit Vork
21-03-2012, 14:03
Does this include this project only or do you become part "of sth. bigger and better" for an undefined time? Jesus Christ, donīt let EA have a hand in here :a30:
Please let it be Valve, hehe.

SOXY
21-03-2012, 14:03
And here its the post Ian been talking about for some time.

Good you take your time to give people the info.

Great things are coming :)

Justin Cruze
21-03-2012, 14:07
Hi all,
This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs
Cheers!

:a04:

Dude27
21-03-2012, 14:07
If it means BIG PRODUCERS IN.... it means trouble in paradise.... always. :(

Roger Lee III
21-03-2012, 14:09
*crosses fingers*

Jason Ganz
21-03-2012, 14:13
Ian,

Although my membership is NOT of significant financial amount at this point (45 euros), I did want to at some point (probably in the summer) upgrade to Manager level. I am moving to Senior very soon, but I really wanted to move higher up as a thank you. I hope that this move to the new company structure doesn't result in the end of testers being able to contribute as individuals. Some of us can only contribute in stages, but we'd really like to contribute as we can.

Thanks

Jason

Joeri Blootacker
21-03-2012, 14:14
Thank you for the heads up Ian.
damn... need to find some extra dollars now to make sure i can upgrade in the next week to senior. :a26: hope you might extend that period just a bit longer ;)

i just hope (fear a bit) that this "something big and better" will not influence the direction that pCars is going too. but we put our trust in your good judgement of course, as wmd already got this far that it (in my opinion) deserves alot of credits !

keep us informed :) interesting news ! :)

Fernando Pedace
21-03-2012, 14:15
upgrade rush :a41:

Joeri Blootacker
21-03-2012, 14:16
Ian,

Although my membership is NOT of significant financial amount at this point (45 euros), I did want to at some point (probably in the summer) upgrade to Manager level. I am moving to Senior very soon, but I really wanted to move higher up as a thank you. I hope that this move to the new company structure doesn't result in the end of testers being able to contribute as individuals. Some of us can only contribute in stages, but we'd really like to contribute as we can.

Thanks

Jason

yep, thats also a bit of a concern to me. i'm in the exact same situation. except that i wasn't going for the manager level, but for senior.
but then again, if the funding is complete.... its complete of course :)

Micas
21-03-2012, 14:17
I'm guessing this has implications for future projects. I'll be disappointed if investment opportunities are not available.

Roger Lee
As long as the project stays on it's current design course, I'll be a happy camper :)

Umer Ahmad
damn, I'm never gonna come up with 900 Euro in 2-3 weeks. oh well, Senior is best I could do.

Thanks for the signal Ian! Keep us informed.

Remco Van Dijk
21-03-2012, 14:18
What part of

it's good for us, good for you and good for the project

did you miss? :rolleyes:

Roger Lee
I'm guessing this has implications for future projects. I'll be disappointed if investment opportunities are not available.

Maybe they will see the value in the testing this system provides. This not knowing really sucks....

Jason Ganz
Bummer, Senior then is my best... maybe I'll open a 2nd account and have 2 Senior Accounts. But this really does bother me that testers are no longer going to be able to financially contribute.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:19
Let's just hope that this doesn't change the development of the game.

Nothing will change here.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:19

Bigger than just one project and not EA.

Jason Ganz
21-03-2012, 14:20
If it's EA, we riot!

Ian Bell

We will remain the big producers.

Joeri Blootacker
haha, you are on top of things Ian :)

this will be a busy topic the next few days :a21:

Ian Bell
Ian,

Thanks

Jason

SOXY
21-03-2012, 14:21
Well... it always can be done other thing, when that time come and funding its done.

We can have t-shirts, caps and cool things, so people can buy :D

Simon Kaminski
I think this could be a positive way. Funding is complete then what means all resources can be used for pCars and increase the development speed? (Not really sure but I assume it is so)

Big Ron
....and not EA.

I add "and not Activision" :D

If we keep excluding the publishers we will end up with who it is so sorry, can't say.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:22
I think this could be a positive way. Funding is complete then what means all resources can be used for pCars and increase the development speed? (Not really sure but I assume it is so)

Indeed.

C3PO
Interesting. Look forward to hearing what it is.

Dude27
Good to know, Ian...

So what? pCARS quick and VERY impressive progress means more "important" people interested to give you money for new projects? :rolleyes:
or the end of ferrari legends means MORE available people on pCARS?

Benjamin Fischer
21-03-2012, 14:23
What is the point of latest poll then?

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 14:23
Would be funny if this news gets the community off it backsides and reaches the full 3.75 mill funding in the next 2 weeks.

Kimd41
21-03-2012, 14:24
I dont understand why we "better upgrade in the next 2-3 weeks"? Are prices going up? Different memberships dissapear? Episode 3 is getting released?

SOXY
21-03-2012, 14:25
Would be funny if this news gets the community off it backsides and reaches the full 3.75 mill funding in the next 2 weeks.
That would be a "funny" situation.. but don't think would happen looll

I dont understand why we "better upgrade in the next 2-3 weeks"? Are prices going up? Different memberships dissapear? Episode 3 is getting released?
It means.. Full funding.. so no more new accounts or upgrades.
There rest stays the same.

Read Ian's reply's...

could_do_better
21-03-2012, 14:26
@Kimd41 You won't have the chance to 'buy' a bigger share of the returns. The project will closed to new 'investment'.

Graham Hawkins
21-03-2012, 14:26

From Ians original post
will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs and thus will most likely close off investment for members in the very near future.

Markus Siegmeth
21-03-2012, 14:27
Well, switching from independent development to being tied to an investor is not always the best step for a game. See id software and zenimax. I doubt that the rage benefited from this. We got a quite generic (though good looking) shooter, not the masterpiece we got used too from id software. I enjoyed it, but it was just another game for me - not like quake 3 arena, which I play to this day from time to time.

I hope for the best, good funding is always positive for a game. But if these funds are coming from a heavyweight 3rd party then this 3rd party can also have quite some influence on the game design because that's where the money comes from...

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 14:27

Just means that the project will have its full funding, so no more investment will be needed, so get you investment in before this other "client/publisher/corporation/developer/Investor" tops it up.

AND DON'T JOKE ABOUT EPISODE 3 !!!! :P

Tom Servo
21-03-2012, 14:28
I take that urging members to upgrade sooner means the development budget gets filled with that deal?

Steeve Johnes
21-03-2012, 14:30
hmmm, good news for the project? ... we'll see .. be careful with the big company :/

We trust you, keep us informed :)

Ian Bell

I suggest you read what I wrote again.

Roger Lee
Well, switching from independent development to being tied to an investor is not always the best step for a game. See id software and zenimax. I doubt that the rage benefited from this. We got a quite generic (though good looking) shooter, not the masterpiece we got used too from id software. I enjoyed it, but it was just another game for me - not like quake 3 arena, which I play to this day from time to time.

I hope for the best, good funding is always positive for a game. But if these funds are coming from a heavyweight 3rd party then this 3rd party can also have quite some influence on the game design because that's where the money comes from...

Think about it this way. The new investor will only be able to contribute about 1.75 million euros to pCARS. With our 500,000 and SMS's 1.5 million, together we have controlling interest. :)

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:31
What is the point of latest poll then?

95%

wizza
Do all current members stay and do we still get to help test and post feedback on the builds??

SOXY

Not really.. because us whit SMS have more than 51% .. Golden Share :)

And Ian already say, that noting will change.

Nitroin
21-03-2012, 14:32
Do all current members stay and do we still get to help test and post feedback on the builds??

As Ian said before "nothing is gonna change here".

So I think, yes. Confirm?

Big Ron
I take that urging members to upgrade sooner means the development budget gets filled with that deal?

Yeah, this will be a record month and the fund scale will look pretty strange since you wont see any bars than the huge millions one :D

Ian Bell

I'm insisting on this as part of the contract yes.

Kyle Williams
Do all curreent members stay and do we still get to help test and post feedback on the builds??As Ian said, nothing here will change, pCARS will just have full funding so new members signup will be closed and upgrades will be disabled.

wizza
21-03-2012, 14:33

Thats a very honorable thing to do Ian ,you have my respect there :D

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 14:34
Thats a very honorable thig to do Ian ,you have my respect there :D

Letīs hope he will make it possible. Would be a let down if we will be excluded from the development for contract reasons.

Justin Cruze
21-03-2012, 14:34

How could anyone say no to that face? :D

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:35
Letīs hope he will make it possible. Would be a let down if we will be excluded from the development for contract reasons.

I'm 'insisting'. That means no agreement no deal.

Dillyracer
When do we know what/who we're becoming part of?

Jason Ganz

Just let us keep throwing money at this project. We like testing, we like contributing $$ and euros when we can, so don't close off the individuals sending funds! that's why it's community based. It's fine to have a big investor, but don't close out current members from financial contribution please! :)

Json

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 14:36
Oh, sorry. Some misunderstanding. So, you are the one in control.

Roger Lee
21-03-2012, 14:38
Just let us keep throwing money at this project. We like testing, we like contributing $$ and euros when we can, so don't close off the individuals sending funds! that's why it's community based. It's fine to have a big investor, but don't close out current members from financial contribution please! :)

Json

They would need to leave a gap of like 100k to allow the community to fill that gap.

C3PO
21-03-2012, 14:38
Will this increase the push towards fidelity and high-end simulation or veer more towards broader appeal? Investors of course want returns and the two don't always go hand in hand.

Roger Lee
21-03-2012, 14:39
Will this increase the push towards fidelity and high-end simulation or veer more towards broader appeal? Investors of course want returns and the two don't always go hand in hand.

He already said the design direction doesn't change. I think a 400% return on 1 million copies is already pretty lucrative.

This game is being made with a much smaller budget than a MW3 or BF3. It doesn't need the 10's of millions in sales to be successful.

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 14:41
It's fine to have a big investor, but don't close out current members from financial contribution please! :)
Sorry Jason, no large investor/publisher wants to have the risk of dilution. If Ian accepts big investor money, then no more "new" money will be allowed from the community. This is probably non-negotiable (hence why Ian gave us the signal today).

Other parts of the project (design, QA, builds, etc.) are probably more in Ian's control and likely that will be where he focuses his negotiations.

Anyway, if this is successful perhaps Ian/SMS will invite us back for the next WMD project and us "little guys" will have more power & influence. The model is yet to be proven.

Benjamin Fischer
21-03-2012, 14:41
95%

Ok, I get that, but it creates a lot of argument for most likely no reason.

delpinsky
21-03-2012, 14:42
Good, if SMS will lead the game and full funding will mean that no one but SMS only, will have the hands on the project path, then it's really good thing!
Let's hope in the best and long live pCARS :D

Bounty
21-03-2012, 14:43
Hmm wonder if any of those bus drivers from fridays euro lottery are sim racers?

Pretty sure SMS wouldn't be considering being part of something bigger/better unless they thought it really was. Looking forward to finding out who's been waving their cheque book about.

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 14:44
I can see how the big investor might have problems with say Junior and team member tiers or even full members and seniors because to them it might be seen as lost sales or selling the game at discount.

Junior and team members get all the content and by the time the game finishes and is released, they maybe bored with the sim by then or changed their minds and not actually buy the game. So thats lost sales

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 14:44
So what does this mean to us people trying to preview it to others on forums?.

Are we likely to be restricted?
I mean now we can do movies and post screenshots but this will probably change :(.

Bounty
21-03-2012, 14:45

Good question

Brainbug
21-03-2012, 14:49
main idea was power to the community. if some "big player" pays big it must be for a reason.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:50
Ok, I get that, but it creates a lot of argument for most likely no reason.

I'm not seeing any arguments :) It's a reason to debate and for you all to decide. A good thing IMO.

C3PO
21-03-2012, 14:50
He already said the design direction doesn't change. I think a 400% return on 1 million copies is already pretty lucrative.

This game is being made with a much smaller budget than a MW3 or BF3. It doesn't need the 10's of millions in sales to be successful.

What's the 400% based on? Sales rate of previous products? Not heard that figure before...

Anway, historically, when organisations pump in lots of money, rarely is it for the altruistic persuance of high-end simulation in games. But, if so though here, then great.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:53
When do we know what/who we're becoming part of?

When it's signed.

rocker_lx
I can see how the big investor might have problems with say Junior and team member tiers or even full members and seniors because to them it might be seen as lost sales or selling the game at discount.

Junior and team members get all the content and by the time the game finishes and is released, they maybe bored with the sim by then or changed their minds and not actually buy the game. So thats lost sales

Oh, I think this number will be low, having invested so much time and enthusiasm in the development of this game will cause you to be so trilled that you where part of this journey that you would want the final product in your hand. (so no download version for me :a37:) [I think my grammar here sucks a bit..lol]

Rofas
Does it mean that newbies can't signup for a toolpack anymore in a few weeks?

Graham Hawkins

They are not mutually exclusive either. It's been said ad infinitum that without a broad appeal pCARS will not succeed anyway as there are just not enough hardcore sim racers willing to put up the funding required for a first class simulation exclusive title.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:54
So what does this mean to us people trying to preview it to others on forums?.

Are we likely to be restricted?
I mean now we can do movies and post screenshots but this will probably change :(.

We want all of the great marketing we can get. Part of your job is viral marketing. If anything, do more of it please :)

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:55
What's the 400% based on? Sales rate of previous products? Not heard that figure before...

Anway, historically, when organisations pump in lots of money, rarely is it for the altruistic persuance of high-end simulation in games. But, if so though here, then great.

This is going to be a high end sim. More realistic and more engaging and mass market than Forza and GT. We can have both. This won't change.

Ian Bell
Does it mean that newbies can't signup for a toolpack anymore in a few weeks?

Correct (assuming we sign).

Rofas
So it is something bigger than EA. Who is bigger? Activision Blizzard???

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 14:56
So it is something bigger than EA. Who is bigger? Activision Blizzard???

I didn't say that :)

C3PO
21-03-2012, 14:57
They are not mutually exclusive either. It's been said ad infinitum that without a broad appeal pCARS will not succeed anyway as there are just not enough hardcore sim racers willing to put up the funding required for a first class simulation exclusive title.

Yes, there's always broad appeal -- but also broad appeal.

ArkhamUK
Good luck Ian. Thanks for letting us know :) Fight the good fight and bring home the bacon! mmmmmm bacon!
I will see if i can upgrade to Manager in a few weeks. Long live pCARS!

Dude27
I didn't say that http://forum.wmdportal.com/images/smilies/smile.png

oh no... Ubisoft, Codemasters? :a30::a01:

Rofas
I didn't say that :)

Ok you said not EA. Plenty of Publishers possible then.

Brainbug
donīt have to be a publisher. could be a car manufactor also. :)

Bounty
This is going to be a high end sim. More realistic and more engaging and mass market than Forza and GT. We can have both. This won't change.

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Roger Lee

It's plainly laid out in the design documentation. BTW the Shift series sold over 4 million copies.

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 14:58
main idea was power to the community. if some "big player" pays big it must be for a reason.

From what Ian is saying we aren't losing the power and the community will still be forming the game with SMS.

Big players pay big purely for investment and gaining profit, they don't really care about the game and what's in it, what they care about is how well its going to sell and if it hits the target market.

Ian just has to convince them that the community and sms will make a game that is appealing to the market. And if you look at games such as Counter Strike which were mods made by the community they seem to hit the nail on the head with gamers and they sell extremely well and have a cult following. This is probably because the community is telling the developer what they want in a game rather than the developer guessing what the community wants, so there is less of a gamble.

But I can see why Ian is having to bring in big investors because if you look at it, the game is now 6 months into its development and its still not really at halfway for funding, so its starting to get the point where the project is heading into financial trouble which will slow down development, push back deadlines and could derail the project so much it collapses.

So that's why im happy that Ian has done this because the project will succeed with this investment.

SOXY
21-03-2012, 14:58
Hummm.. good point on that heh ;)

C3PO
21-03-2012, 14:59
It's plainly laid out in the design documentation. BTW the Shift series sold over 4 million copies.

This will be a different product to Shift though.

Markus Siegmeth
Ok - just upgraded to Full Member so that I can at least enjoy the full game when it is released without additional costs :D
I never saw it as an investment, more or less like a bargain deal to get a full game ;)

Bounty
One thing I'm wondering did SMS go looking for this investor or were they approached?
If that isn't a too personal/NDA type question

C3PO
21-03-2012, 15:00

Cool.

Danny Giusa
crossed fingers, that it is not EA !
In Germany we don't like EA because of their awesome Origin Agreements :/

Roger Lee
This will be a different product to Shift though.

YES, a much better and more in depth one :a26:

Dude27
21-03-2012, 15:01
Porsches... TD Porshes Racing Legend? :a01:

Justin Cruze
21-03-2012, 15:01
I'll eat my hat if its EA. Not after Shift.

SOXY
21-03-2012, 15:02
crossed finger that it is not EA !

I'll eat my hat if its EA. Not after Shift.
Ian already say, that are not them

Kimd41
crossed finger that it is not EA !
Or Microsoft.

cluck
Can I ask, Ian, is it OK to mention this thread on the car forum I am a member of, so as to get the members who joined from there aware of it? Or should this remain strictly on here and no mention of it outside?

On the subject at hand, it all sounds intriguing and promising so finger's crossed it provides an even brighter future for everybody involved in the project :).

steventot
Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry i can't go into details on specifics here as it's all extremely NDA but it's about 95% certain at this point that SMS will be changing company structure in the sense that we will become part of something bigger and better. This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs and thus will most likely close off investment for members in the very near future.

The terms and conditions of pCARs will remain unchanged for everyone and you'll get all of the agreed benefits.

What is does mean though is that if you are considering upgrading your tool pack/membership level in the future it might be good to do this within the next 2-3 weeks.

Again, sorry I can't go into specifics but it's good for us, good for you and good for the project.

Cheers!

Will it be possible to upgrade my tool pack later on too after the game is released or not ?
If not I am considering the upgrade soonish...

Ben Buja
21-03-2012, 15:03
We want all of the great marketing we can get. Part of your job is viral marketing. If anything, do more of it please :)
Good that you see it that way, I was planning to make some videos for Machinima.

Danny Giusa
21-03-2012, 15:05
In that fact, it isn't EA, I upgrade to Full Member <3

Markus Siegmeth
21-03-2012, 15:05
Will it be possible to upgrade my tool pack later on too after the game is released or not ?

If I understand correctly then this will not be possible after funding is closed.

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 15:06
If its valve (highly doubt it) you would gains loads of sales straight away because gamers just love valve and steam except the odd weird few

steventot
21-03-2012, 15:07
If I understand correctly then this will not be possible after funding is closed.

So it will be not possible to purchase the retail game for the -25Euro bonus I paid for the tool pack I am at now any more?

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 15:07

Why would you fund for game development on a game that's already finished and been released? Thats project over :p

Jason Ganz
21-03-2012, 15:09
If its valve (highly doubt it) you would gains loads of sales straight away because gamers just love valve and steam except the odd weird few

I'm in that odd weird few :D. Boxed copies please!

SOXY
21-03-2012, 15:10
So it will be not possible to purchase the retail game for the -25Euro bonus I paid for the tool pack I am at now any more?
Ian say, all stay the same...

So you will have the 25€ discount, and Junior the 10€

I think...

steventot
21-03-2012, 15:10
Why would you fund for game development on a game that's already finished and been released? Thats project over :p

You don't get me!
I am not talking about the funding.
But buying the retail game for cheaper after release.
By the amount I funded in. = discount!

Tom Servo
21-03-2012, 15:11
Someone mentioned Ubisoft earlier, totally forgot about them. Hope it's not them either, considering their recent antics in regards to PC gaming and online DRM.

While it's very unlikely, due to their apparent unwillingness to diversify, Valve would be a best match in fantasy land. They're really the only ones I can think of being OK with continued open development.

Christopher Dorn
21-03-2012, 15:12
I'm in that odd weird few :D. Boxed copies please!

lol wanting a box copy of a game is perfectly fine. Just there is a segment of the internet and gamers that hate valve and steam for no reason at all.

OMG PLEASE NOT UBISOFT, they will force horrible DRM and even if they don't, the reputation they have will badly hurt the game, avoid them at all cost. I know hundreds of people that avoid ubisoft due to whats happened in the past with their DRM. Even I cant stand them

Micas
They would need to leave a gap of like 100k to allow the community to fill that gap.

I'm going to take 10k of that next week..

jmoncur
*upgrades to full member*

Roger Lee
You don't get me!

That doesn't change, he already mentioned that.

Markus Siegmeth
21-03-2012, 15:13
You don't get me!

As SOXY wrote - 25€ off for you because you are a Team Member - as a Full Member you'll get the game for free when it is released

Roger Lee
I'm going to take 10k of that next week..

I'm taking a couple thousand of that as well :)

Steve Dean
Thanks for heads up about this I just upgraded to Full Member :) over next week or 2 ill see if can go to Senior.

Ian Bell

Make that 8-9 million.

Hellfire
21-03-2012, 15:15
Boxed copies please!
Exactly. Not just a simple download. Good old box, cover, booklet and installation disc. ;)

As long as we are not forced to use Origin or Games for Windows Live ingame, I'm happy. :)

Tiago Fortuna
I'm sure everyone appreciates the heads up.

I know I did.

I just need to find extra 1000€ FAST... :(

Ian Bell
One thing I'm wondering did SMS go looking for this investor or were they approached?
If that isn't a too personal/NDA type question

The people you want tend to be those you need to approach.

C3PO
Maybe it's not a games publisher - maybe from the automotive industry.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 15:16
Can I ask, Ian, is it OK to mention this thread on the car forum I am a member of, so as to get the members who joined from there aware of it? Or should this remain strictly on here and no mention of it outside?

On the subject at hand, it all sounds intriguing and promising so finger's crossed it provides an even brighter future for everybody involved in the project :).

Sure, spread the word everyone. We don't want people complaining they weren't warned.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 15:16

We'll close upgrades (if we sign).

Roger Lee
21-03-2012, 15:17
Who wants to bet we beat our monthly "money raised" level this month :)

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 15:17

All of your perks will be unchanged.

SOXY
21-03-2012, 15:18
I know I did.

I just need to find extra 1000€ FAST... :(
900€ for your upgrade :p

Justin Cruze
21-03-2012, 15:18
I predict the project funds graph will spike heavily in the next couple of weeks :p

James Brooks
21-03-2012, 15:19
I like this!
Everybody just has to realise this is being done for everybodys best interests....my 3k is feeling pretty happy right now and i wish i had another couple to do something with!

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 15:19
Will people still be able to join the project and invest money or will the investment term be stopped?

Bounty
21-03-2012, 15:20
Cut off/signing of contracts around the 2,000,000 euro mark maybe? :p

Gonna have squeak in another grand soon

booterboy
21-03-2012, 15:21
Think it's great news for all the staff at SMS,should bring job security to the company.Too many Development Houses have gone by the wayside in recent years.From reading Ian's replies it seems SMS will see out pCARS as originally planned which is also great news.
Not surprized a big player is getting involved after what Im seeing from pCARS the past few months,it's graphically the most superior piece of software in the racing sim/game genre by a country mile even at this early stage.
Wish nothing but the best for everyone at SMS and thanks for giving us the chance to be a small part of the development.

Leigh Ferguson
Sounds marvellous Ian. I hope congratulations will soon be in order.

Umer Ahmad
Guys Ian said it's "notActivisionBlizzard"

Like notSpa, notMonza and notRoadAmerica....

Haven't you been here long enough now to understand the SMS language?

Opening my 2nd Senior account today (probably can't get to Manager unfortunately, I really want that gold-lined Manager's jacket!)

Danny Giusa
21-03-2012, 15:22
Maybe it's not a games publisher - maybe from the automotive industry.

Don't think what I think, it makes me crazy ;)

But it wouldn't be so unrealistic.

SOXY
21-03-2012, 15:23
Will people still be able to join the project and invest money or will the investment term be stopped?
When Full funding, no more new acc or upgrades.

Cut off/signing of contracts around the 2,000,000 euro mark maybe? :p
NAHH!!! Let us just fill it up.. Looll

Hellfire
21-03-2012, 15:23
Someone mentioned Ubisoft earlier, totally forgot about them. Hope it's not them either, considering their recent antics in regards to PC gaming and online DRM.
Hell no! Perish the thought! As long as Ubisoft is using Uplay and stupid DRM and is releasing unfinished games, I'm not going to support this company.

cluck
21-03-2012, 15:24
Sure, spread the word everyone. We don't want people complaining they weren't warned.OK, cheers Ian. I'll update the thread now with nice positive words :).

Jason Ganz
21-03-2012, 15:25

Opening my 2nd Senior account today (probably can't get to Manager unfortunately, I really want that gold-lined Manager's jacket!)

Uhoh,

if it's notActivisionBlizzard, based on the "not" language, we'll have World of Carcraft coming out. I call the orc, Asano X4, with battleaxe!

Jason

Lars Nilsen
21-03-2012, 15:25
Bigger isn`t always better... I got an open mind and I hope it turns out good, but business is business and big business is rarely nice to enthusiasts who`s intentions are good...

Leigh Ferguson
21-03-2012, 15:26
OK, cheers Ian. I'll update the thread now with nice positive words :).

Be sure to remind them that our man is no doormat. :)

Rofas
21-03-2012, 15:28

Where he said this?

Not Available
21-03-2012, 15:29
As Ian said, nothing here will change, pCARS will just have full funding so new members signup will be closed and upgrades will be disabled.
NOOO!!!... I was waiting for a good CAD-Euro exchange rate so I can upgrade to Senior directly instead of to Full member only.

Miguel Garcia
21-03-2012, 15:29
Whenever the game follow the path to perfect simulation.

Micas
21-03-2012, 15:30
So with a bit of consideration, I think this is fantastic for pCARS. Those that read most of my stuff know that I've been pushing to have funding finished and WMD closed so that we don't cannibalize the sales of pCARS with new full team members. That's what this is. I'm just a bit shocked that it actually happened already. What this means is that somebody saw the current state of pCARS and is so impressed that they're essentially buying the remaining budget of pCARS. They might even do more - possibly marketing help and so on.. guess we'll find that out after the NDA expires. This can only be a good thing..

... and is why I've been going on and on about people putting their best foot forward. Now we have to scramble a bit to get as much cash in as we can.. because if you look at it realistically - the game is going to get finished for sure with this publishing deal, maybe faster then anticipated since the pace of development can be picked up. The units shipped we need to break even is ridiculously low, so the risk is extremely low now, and if we hit a million sales.. well.. that's just a very large return percentage. There has probably never been a better investment deal.. and getting advanced warning is a huge. Ian could have just shut it all down today, and people wouldn't have had the opportunity to dig down deep for whatever they have left. I'm putting in about 50% of my emergency cash fund.

I wish I could do more.. but with any luck, we'll get to do this all again on the next game... and the next.. until we get to the point where we've made enough money that we can maybe form a business unit and self publish everything. I'd love to move to London and learn how to code in them new fangled languages the young kids are using these days, and help with the coding as a company employee.. :)

Sorry.. got a bit carried away there.. just such great news.

Karsten Kremer
21-03-2012, 15:31
Swap this question to another place ;) -> Done

Dmitriy Semenov
21-03-2012, 15:34
Thanks for heads up, Ian. Just upgraded to Manager :)

Jason Ganz
21-03-2012, 15:35
Yup, here comes the big influx of euros. Look for my little influx this week :-)

Jason

Pugamall
21-03-2012, 15:39
Aww man, hope investing dont close to soon, wanted to invest some of the money my Dad left me when he died, but that aint gona be sorted by 2 weeks coz of probate ect :(

Machinaea
21-03-2012, 15:47
I'm getting my saving account opened in October, is there any way for me to upgrade to a manager if I can transfer the money later on?

Joeri Blootacker
21-03-2012, 15:49
i hope it stays open for 2 more weeks :)

triskele10
21-03-2012, 15:53
I think it has to do with this news from few weeks ago.

-In line with its growth strategy on the entertainment products market, MyLoadBase N.V. is purchasing a majority stake (60 per cent) in Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH, headquartered in Berlin. Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH is a joint venture of Ian Bell (CEO of Slightly Mad Studios Ltd in London) and Michele Pes.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120216005567/en/MyLoadBase-N.V.-purchases-stake-Slightly-Mad-Studios

dusty
21-03-2012, 15:53
Hi all,

Cheers!

14 April 11, 12:08 Default SMS's Community-Funded Race Sim
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249418
I have a cunning plan though... Maybe the community can all buy into a game dev deal, and own a slice of it and the revenues. We build the game together with a huge forum so everyone can input and have complete insight into the development. That would be very cool and we'd all get what we want.

I have to say this is not news that should make the person that read your 1st announcement of this project happy. This completely changes the original idea, spin it any way and I am sure my take on this will not be a tasty one to some ... but you have to look at this from all angles.

The above says change of plans, possibly, at same time asks me to pony up more money because the idea/change which I don't even know is looming. I was considering investing more not just because of the return but I was really buying into this entire idea.

A idea that got me really interested in project. I have beta tested about 20 games in past 5 years maybe more and always spend time giving it 100% and filling out all the in game feedback in games that provided questions. But never asked to actually invest more then my time or feedback.

I am sure i't will be easier on your end not to have to deal with community issues and people that don't give proper feedback but the idea was solid.

For me you should just have shopped a second product or company for the corporate partnership and not got community excited just to make a deal with a big company.

I will still continue to help
but the close of the idea of Mass development of a race sim funded by public is no longer what this is.

Machinaea
21-03-2012, 16:01
I have to say this is not news that should make the person that read your 1st announcement of this project happy. This completely changes the original idea, spin it any way and I am sure my take on this will not be a tasty one to some ... but you have to look at this from all angles.

The above says change of plans, possibly, at same time asks me to pony up more money because the idea/change which I don't even know is looming. I was considering investing more not just because of the return but I was really buying into this entire idea.

A idea that got me really interested in project. I have beta tested about 20 games in past 5 years maybe more and always spend time giving it 100% and filling out all the in game feedback in games that provided questions. But never asked to actually invest more then my time or feedback.

I am sure i't will be easier on your end not to have to deal with community issues and people that don't give proper feedback but the idea was solid.

For me you should just have shopped a second product or company for the corporate partnership and not got community excited just to make a deal with a big company.

I will still continue to help
but the close of the idea of Mass development of a race sim funded by public is no longer what this is.
But as far as I can tell, nothing on our end will change or what we do:

There doesn't seem to be enough funding coming from the community so SMS' getting us some outside funding without compromising the game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Raphael Klapczynski
21-03-2012, 16:05
Don't know if that news is a good one ..

As I joined the Forum and first got a junior member, I thought I found the first project which had the aim to build a game with the community. Now I don't know if this still remains true.

I really hope the best, cause I really like the game and the community, pls be faithfull to us.

fresquito
21-03-2012, 16:16
I don't think it is fair to close upgrades the moment it is signed. You're asking to upgrade based on nothing. We should know who's entering the arena before we upgrade, because maybe we don't like the company or the final proposal/deal. I was thinking about going full member or even senior just recently, but I would like to know more of this before I decide. And as the game will not need more funding, I see no reason to upgrade at the moment.

Castercel
21-03-2012, 16:16
Good to know and thanks for the heads up.

Makikou
21-03-2012, 16:21
I'm not exactly sure i like this. What will happen if i dont upgrade from Team Member to Full Member? I'm forced to pay 50 euros for the game?

I just dont like this.

ibby
21-03-2012, 16:22
So.. The more SMS and the Community have invested the more you guys still have control and easier contract negotiations, right ? If 3,75Mill is still the goal we already got more than 50%.
Guess we already saved the project from some puppetmaster coming in to dumb it down for the masses.
If thats true, good enough for me. :)

Snarf_FU
21-03-2012, 16:23
:a15:

Edit:
I'm 'insisting'. That means no agreement no deal.

So many high fives! :a04:

Foliorum Viridum
21-03-2012, 16:29
I was going to upgrade anyway, so there ya go, from Member -> Full Member.

h31k0
21-03-2012, 16:29
Good to here that we are save soon!

Vittorio Rapa
21-03-2012, 16:30
I'm not exactly sure i like this. What will happen if i dont upgrade from Team Member to Full Member? I'm forced to pay 50 euros for the game?

I just dont like this.

You'll pay the DIFFERENCE versus the retail price (your current 25 euro, as being Team Member will be discounted).

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 16:41
Opening my 2nd Senior account today
Done

Roger Lee IV
21-03-2012, 16:45
#4 baby :)

Graham Hawkins
Done

Liking yourself, now theres a use for multiple accounts that never ocurred to me :cool:

Remco Van Dijk
Great news!

Remco Van Dijk
21-03-2012, 16:47
Liking yourself, now theres a use for multiple accounts that never ocurred to me :cool:
I think there's a very rude word for that? :eek:

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 16:47
We're gonna set funding records this month. Ian just accelerated everyone's plans.

(but April will suck, probably won't matter by then however.)

Graham Hawkins
21-03-2012, 16:48
I think there's a very rude word for that? :eek:

It hurts when I laugh !!!

AnPrionsaBeag
21-03-2012, 16:52
You and SMS have all my trust, Ian. I'm certain you'll make all the right choices for the project and us... or all of you guys shall be spanked by each and every member here!

OBELIKS
21-03-2012, 16:53
Good news and no Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth in this thread. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. :a32: :a01:

KAMPFBIBER81
21-03-2012, 16:56
So, I've gone through 17 pages and I think this are good news.

We already have a great and big community that is highly motivated to help out in the development process. It won't harm this process if we close the sign-up in a few weeks. We can warn our friends now and everybody has enough time to sign-up if they want.

It belive that it will be the best thing that can happen to the game if we can finalize the money-thing.

Good luck

Joeri Blootacker
21-03-2012, 16:58
one new senior added :a44:
couldn't resist :)

Reaper 392
21-03-2012, 17:04
i've read about half the thread, but by the sound of things, apart from the stoppage of new member signups, this can only be a good thing. well, as long as its not EA or Ubisoft who's giving the money

(ive already seen that its not EA :D)

Ghigghio65
21-03-2012, 17:06
Please let it be Valve, hehe. Or Bethesda, ahahah.:confused:

smokebone
21-03-2012, 17:06
1 more new senior added!
good luck to SMS!

Danny Mac
21-03-2012, 17:10
I dont think ian and the team would screw us all over and throw all the good work down the shitter by signing a contract with EA(which he has already confirmed its not) or any other company like them.If its a big push in the right direction hopefully we will all be laughing and playing an all round awesome sim soon.
Just need to hustle up some coin to upgrade as much as i can before (if) it goes ahead.

oc2
21-03-2012, 17:12
Thanks Ian for this information!
I love this game, i love this forum and i also love fast informations of the heads. More money seems a good cause for me that this game comes to a good end.
I love to drive "exclusive" tracks, so for me it was clear that i will upgrade sooner or later to Senior. Now we have one Senior more :a44:

hf

Jarza75
21-03-2012, 17:13
So is this going to be an other console game after all? Main focus will move to consoles and game will be made with they terms.

Andy Garton
21-03-2012, 17:13
So is this going to be an other console game after all? Main focus will move to consoles and game will be made with they terms.
Great first contribution to the project.

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 17:14

Probably the worst first post ever. Do better or go away.

Alex White
21-03-2012, 17:15
If this means pCARS will absolutely certainly ship with content made of awesome and WINNING. Then yeah, .. I need to upgrade to full member at some point soonish.

I take it you can't give an exact date?

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 17:16
lol, Yes of course. Only consoles. Then we will port to PC and the game will be 'total aracade crap'. Would you like refund now?

Ben Buja
21-03-2012, 17:17
PCars already has more PC exclusive features than most multiplats these days. I think it's save to say that that won't change now.
This will be a PC sim first and then ported to console.

Leper Messiah
21-03-2012, 17:17
I'm glad I upgraded recently!! I'm excited and a bit nervous about the news. I'm hoping this will add funds for more licensing *cough*Porche, Ferrari*cough*. Personally I'd love to see a tie in deal with Le Mans for the game......aw hell now I'm dreaming!

CodeF1
21-03-2012, 17:20
I'd love to move to London and learn how to code in them new fangled languages the young kids are using these days, and help with the coding as a company employee.. :)

So would I but I guess we are past our sell by date :)

Jarza75
21-03-2012, 17:21
Hmm, soft skin guys here. Sry didn't meant to insult, but lets face it many good projects has moved to other direction what first was mended.
And i didn't say console is only platform i meant, main, not only.
Very glad if that's not the case, let's moves one.

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 17:23
^You stepped on a landmine. Seriosuly, it's gonna be a great game, PC 1st

Ian Bell
Hmm, soft skin guys here. Sry didn't meant to insult, but lets face it many good projects has moved to other direction what first was mended.

I'm not seeing soft skins, I am reading bullshit though.

Last warning, contribute or we'll remove you.

Alex White

So pCARS 2 then? :D

However, will this kind of project (Where us guys pay to become part of development) happen with pCARS 2 - I have to say that the WMD idea of seeing a game go through development is possibly one of the coolest things I've seen recently :)

Roger Lee
21-03-2012, 17:24
And i didn't say console is only platform, main, not only.
Very glad if that's not the case, life moves one.

Nothing has changed design wise and nothing will. Have some faith!!

Simon Kaminski
And i didn't say console is only platform, main, not only.
Very glad if that's not the case, life moves one.

It was known from the beginning that pCars will be on consoles too.

Alejandro Gorgal

I think you should at least consider trying the game first before you say things like these. You have no lap records whatsoever, and now you are jumping to this conclusion even though there's tons of information available all around the forum. Please take some time to check how things work, then think some more ;)

Curbfeeler
21-03-2012, 17:25
There is nothing in Ian's original post (or subsequent ones) which states it's a software company or publisher. I read this as it's an "investor" which could be anybody. Could be Andy's Rich uncle. Could be Mark Cuban. I don't see why there are posts assuming that whoever it is will change the vision for the project or how the end project will be distributed.

TheDoctor46
21-03-2012, 17:27
for god's sake! once i read the two letters of evil "E" and "A"...i'm out. otherwise go on.

Read the posts before worrying about reading that.

I only wanted to emphasize my opinion! But nevertheless i have read it. For me it would be a great nightmare if this project drifting into the wrong direction..

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 17:28
for god's sake! once i read the two letters of evil "E" and "A"...i'm out. otherwise go on.

Read the posts before worrying about reading that.

Sean Powless
21-03-2012, 17:30
In light of TD:F news, Imma go on a limb and offer that maybe, perhaps, it could be, Atari O.o

Would make that red car license a whole lot more viable.

Murgh, I'm interested now. I'll upgrade one tier once I get some money in, hopefully not too late :x

Eric Johnson
21-03-2012, 17:30
This will be good, and it is also rather impressive when you think that within their own industry SMS have essentially delivered on their 'proof of concept' by both including us in the process and raising as much $ as they already have to get this far. Though we have all contributed to different degrees, or some, like myslef of late have been rather quiet in the process as my own business took precedence, I continue to think this project is amazing and deserving of as much support as possible. The desire to build something they can be proud of is clearly on display by all the devs every day. Getting more support in the form of a partner, distributor or large scale investor can do wonders to alleviate the concerns of a management and allow them to focus on their core product without wondering as much where the next investment bolck will come from. Not to say thats over, I'm sure it never really goes away, but this is a sign of success so far. SMS are to be congratulated. I feel fortunate to have signed up when I did.

I would re up as another Senior if it would be part of my same profile. There is a sea of folks who will never be satisfied, and will not invest 10e to try it out. Closing the pool to new singups and concentrating on getting the most out of the significant group who've already joined sounds fine to me.

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 17:31

Third page, second post. You donīt even need to read all posts. Just scroll till you find posts by Ian and you are through pretty fast.

Andy Garton
21-03-2012, 17:31
It begins with ... nah.

Sean Powless
21-03-2012, 17:32
It begins with ... nah.

Tease :x

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 17:34
Namco, if itīs a publisher? Would be surprising to get a publisher from Asia.

Jarza75
21-03-2012, 17:37
I'm not seeing soft skins, I am reading bullshit though.

Last warning, contribute or we'll remove you.

You do what you see right. I have pay my contribute buy money and i live world where people can ask abouth things.
I do have fait for this project and i have like those fev builds that i have drive.
Do what fell`s right.

Marco
21-03-2012, 17:40
It begins with ... nah. end it ends with ... another nah

Are Leistad
21-03-2012, 17:41
This news, together with the first online meeting seems to have boosted the dynamics around here. These are exciting times :D

triskele10
21-03-2012, 17:41

What about this one

''-In line with its growth strategy on the entertainment products market, MyLoadBase N.V. is purchasing a majority stake (60 per cent) in Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH, headquartered in Berlin. Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH is a joint venture of Ian Bell (CEO of Slightly Mad Studios Ltd in London) and Michele Pes.''

SwiftyOne
21-03-2012, 17:45
I have every faith in pCARS, and wish them the very best for now and the future....Hope it's bigger then GT5 :)

Swifty

ibby
21-03-2012, 17:47

I highly doubt that. They're known for.. arcade games ;)
My guess is a publisher without a racing series... Could actually be zenimax media ?

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 17:47
Its a new startup company i think.
So your merging your tech with other technology?

What do they mean by consolidating technology (rights)?
That usually means combining doesn't it?

CL0NE
21-03-2012, 17:48
I have read all the posts and can see the positives but there's a little voice that keeps saying uh oh! That little voice says, we are building something together and our contribution is appreciated, there is no real dead line as we strive to create the best racing sim ever but if taken over by a larger concern we may gain in knowledge and resources but lose when it comes to a finished product that gets pushed to a release dead line to recoupe investments. I remain hopeful but apprehensive as to the end result. Don't forget what happened with Call of Duty MW, a simililar scenario where great ideas and imput from gamers was thrown back in their faces and the end result was an overpriced substandard series of games sold to the public. I hope my fears are not founded and wish SMS all the best.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-03-2012, 17:51
Well, switching from independent development to being tied to an investor is not always the best step for a game. See id software and zenimax. I doubt that the rage benefited from this. We got a quite generic (though good looking) shooter, not the masterpiece we got used too from id software. I enjoyed it, but it was just another game for me - not like quake 3 arena, which I play to this day from time to time.id has never really been known for anything other than technological excellence. Commander Keen and Doom qualify as good games, Doom might even be a masterpiece of its time, but Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Doom 3 and Rage all pushed the graphics boundaries at the time, but none of them was in and of themselves masterpieces by any stretch. Pretty sure they made the most of their moolah from selling their game engines. None of the Quake games would've amounted to much without mods.
BTW the Shift series sold over 4 million copies.
Make that 8-9 million.Yep, Shift by itself sold around 4 million, apparently Shift 2 sold another 4 million.
And as the game will not need more funding, I see no reason to upgrade at the moment.The reason for many is that if the game sells even a million copies (which stretched out to 4 platforms and considering the quality of the game is frankly lowballing it), the profits could be along the lines of even 400% (though probably won't be quite that high). So upgrade now and receive more money from the sales.

logos
21-03-2012, 17:53
Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry i can't go into details on specifics here as it's all extremely NDA but it's about 95% certain at this point that SMS will be changing company structure in the sense that we will become part of something bigger and better. This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs ...

Ian, is this an investment/publishing deal, or is some kind of acquisition or merger?

I have confidence in You and SMS, but don't trust the game publishers as Activision, Ubisoft, etc.
I'll probably upgrade my tool pack in the next days, but would feel more comfortable if SMS remains independent from the game publishers. :)

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 17:54
Its none of them. Its a new company - read the business wire as its on there.

Can I presume we're getting Marina Street Bay then?

Big Ron
21-03-2012, 17:57
What about this one

''-In line with its growth strategy on the entertainment products market, MyLoadBase N.V. is purchasing a majority stake (60 per cent) in Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH, headquartered in Berlin. Slightly Mad Studios Automotive GmbH is a joint venture of Ian Bell (CEO of Slightly Mad Studios Ltd in London) and Michele Pes.''

Sounds really good. I live in Berlin and never noticed that SMS has a branch office here. Maybe I can meet with Ian for a coffee hehe :)

Evgeniy Neytman
21-03-2012, 18:00
Just hope than pCARS will remain the most advanced SIM-game and not a Codemasters shitty arcade...DEVs, can u confirm that?

Sean Powless
21-03-2012, 18:05
MyLoadBase is a mobile games developer/publisher isn't it? Why would they purchase interest in a Console/PC game developer? O-o

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 18:05
Hang on. The pCARS tech is being used by them i think.
To seemingly sell or create games in Asia.

*edit*
Yeah...on tablets and mobiles prehaps. Ian did once say people were interested in the tech.
Sounds like he's had a taker and we've had a result.

Simon Kaminski
21-03-2012, 18:10
Who says it has something to do with Slightly Mad Studios Automotive or MyLoadBase N.V. at all?

Yes it could but could be 100% wrong as well ;)

Scorpean
21-03-2012, 18:13
I GOD, please let it not be EA that is knocking at the door!

jimmybignuts
21-03-2012, 18:13
I've just read through the thread and everything I've read makes me more sure of the long term success of this game.

But damnit, this is getting expensive :D. I made the mistake of checking the screenshot thread, and then splashed Ģ500 on pretty much a new PC to handle this game. And now I pop in here, and I upgrade to Full Member!

Joeri Blootacker
21-03-2012, 18:14
i feel it in my guts, that in a few days/weeks, we will all be on our knees and praising Ian and the other higher staff members for this "deal". whatever it is.
look how far they have gone already with this project.
they really will not risk this going into a wrong direction at all.

Let me be the first now, to simply say, THANK YOU - Thumbs up !

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 18:15
Who says it has something to do with Slightly Mad Studios Automotive or MyLoadBase N.V. at all?
Yes it could but could be 100% wrong as well ;)

Well it does make sense. Ian did once say that people were knocking on the door for his technology and it reads like an announcement. The article i'm reading is from Feb...so maybe a month to finalise detail?

I can't say i'm bothered really. At least we know we'll defo. get the game now and Ian was already bitten once reading reports in the British press so i'm sure the vision of his project is (or was) paramount here.

Bergs
21-03-2012, 18:17

Third page, second post.

Machinaea
21-03-2012, 18:18
It's not, Ian already confirmed it isnt EA.

Dimahoo
21-03-2012, 18:19
Can we have an announcement?

Hello member, there's an important message you should read: ITS NOT EA!!!!

Megasoum
21-03-2012, 18:19
So if we won't be able to upgrade in 2 or 3 weeks, will we finaly find out what the excluse tracks for higher membership are? I've been thinking about upgrading to the 100euros kit for a while but only if the bonus track is interesting.

r1oN
21-03-2012, 18:21
All of us have trusted the team from the begining (remember all the rumors. ie: they wont listen to ur feedback. ie2: they will keep ur money and cut development. ETC ETC ETC). I dont see the point of stop trusting now.

The only thing i can think with of this news its positive. It means that we are all doing a good job! If not large investments wouldnt aproach the team.

Congrats for being aproached!

Fernando Pedace
21-03-2012, 18:21
Project CARS name will remain ? :rolleyes:

triskele10
21-03-2012, 18:22
I hope it is EA, they gave me Need for Speed Most Wanted:D

this is a joke! but I like Most Wanted.

Umer Ahmad
21-03-2012, 18:24
Third page, second post.
post #? (my posts/page is different)

Bergs
21-03-2012, 18:25
I hope it is EA, they gave me Need for Speed Most Wanted:D

this is a joke! but I like Most Wanted.

: A43:

Bergs
21-03-2012, 18:26
post #? (my posts/page is different)

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?4280-Company-structure-changes-coming-soon.&p=104661&viewfull=1#post104661

vacant
21-03-2012, 18:51
Massive apologies if this is a stupid question (I cant seem to answer my own question with the search), but before i poke any further Euros in pCars direction can someone confirm the, "you must make a contribution to earn fees" part of the equation?
If I upgrade to manager for example, but continue just to play and make a few posts, does that constitute enough of a contrubtion to earn if the game is a success as per the examples in the WMD overview?

Ian Bell
21-03-2012, 18:56
Massive apologies if this is a stupid question (I cant seem to answer my own question with the search), but before i poke any further Euros in pCars direction can someone confirm the, "you must make a contribution to earn fees" part of the equation?
If I upgrade to manager for example, but continue just to play and make a few posts, does that constitute enough of a contrubtion to earn if the game is a success as per the examples in the WMD overview?

Yes.

Are Leistad
21-03-2012, 18:58
^ Yes and yes.

Edit: Ninja'd by the boss...

Lewis Hills
21-03-2012, 19:01
EA Games are not the partner Ian is talking about.

Let's try to avoid descending into entire debates based on hypothetical scenarios here guys! :)

I'm sure we'll be furnished with more information as any NDA rules change or develop.

vacant
21-03-2012, 19:02
Yes.

In that case, upgraded.

Arucardo
21-03-2012, 19:02
No alarms going off about this for me yet, I look forward to how this is going to go down.

I got a question that I'm pretty sure didn't get addressed yet: If this deal goes through and sign ups close does that also mean that people who haven't yet signed up lose the ability to get access to the upcoming builds? Will those people have to wait for a closed/open beta when and if there is one?

Loadme Tacos
21-03-2012, 19:04
Ian, I have faith and trust you, because I remember.
I remember it well the first days of Shift and Shift 2 when his hands were tied, and you always give answers to the fans, even against the advice of his own peers, and then you call the gamers and fans for an ambitious task: to create a great racing game with the help of the gaming community. I hope and believe that.

drixin
21-03-2012, 19:05
I'm sorry if my question is dumb or it was asked before, but will we still have an opportunity to upgrade our toolpack? I'm really want to do this, but I can not afford this at the moment.

Arucardo
21-03-2012, 19:08
I'm sorry if my question is dumb or it was asked before, but will we still have an opportunity to upgrade our toolpack? I'm really want to do this, but I can not afford this at the moment.

If the deal goes through you only have a week or two to upgrade, can't do it after that time frame.

DrewRGreen
21-03-2012, 19:09
Well I am not a developer, but I am a die hard car guy and gamer. I must say that so far pCARS has been the best simulator out there and if I had $1,000,000 USD I would support this more than I am already. Everyone working on the project has produced some top-notch stuff and I cannot believe what everyone has been able to do so far without a MAJOR developer. I have great faith in all of the decisions made and I am confident that this change is definitely for the best! I'm glad I got in when I did!

Fulminatrix
21-03-2012, 19:15
If everything will be OK I'll be happy. Because it's obvious that the current amount of incoming money is too small, but the game already looks fantastic. And now (with 95% probability) the financial future of the project is guaranteed and I'm happy with it.

Reaper 392
21-03-2012, 19:16
You do what you see right. I have pay my contribute buy money and i live world where people can ask abouth things.
I do have fait for this project and i have like those fev builds that i have drive.
Do what fell`s right.

i have to say, i have no idea why people jumped on your second comment. the first one was a bit of a land mine in these parts, but the second one was just you saying sorry and explaining your first comment to the devs.

its not the first time this has happened either...

jespergb
21-03-2012, 19:22
If a bigger company joins will this mean back to a more arcadish game like forza or so?

TJensen
21-03-2012, 19:22
I feel that this is the best decision. I was actually thinking one week ago about the marketing of the game and its current status. I think with a publisher who done marketing before, pCARS can come a long way. However, we dont know if it is a publisher or just an investor. But there is definitely pluses and minuses with both. But it is fairly easy to admit that the funding from the members of this forum would not have made it in the long run. So regardless if it is an publisher coming in with good marketing and maybe a bit of a changes to the game, or an investor just coming in with money; we are better off in both regards. Problem with the orginal thought with word-of-mouth and just hoping that the game would attract players by it self, is a lack of a "bigger" initial sales and most people who would get the game at launch is probably already members. From my point of view there is no reason to complain or by worried by this.

meth0d
21-03-2012, 19:29
Another Senior promoted :a04:

Good Job SMS. Keep it that way.

Roger Lee
21-03-2012, 19:29
If a bigger company joins will this mean back to a more arcadish game like forza or so?

It has been covered MANY times in this thread. Guys please read thru the thread before posting the same question over and over.

And no the design doesn't change.