PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Your Paintbrush

Rob Prange
21-02-2012, 00:03
The new development build of Project CARS now supports custom liveries, allowing all Team Members & above to get creative and include their favorite design in the game.

For more info, check out the frontpage story:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/get-out-your-paintbrush/

FullMetalMonkey
21-02-2012, 01:13
Oh dear. I think you guys have now just ruined my social life. It was bad enough as it was because of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Battlefield 3 and Tribes: Ascend!

Thanks SMS for keeping me entertained and ruining my life at the same time! :p

david187
22-02-2012, 22:04
how do i install the skins please help :)

Big Ron
22-02-2012, 22:37
how do i install the skins please help :)

See the first post here (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?3180-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ), there you got all information.

david187
22-02-2012, 22:48
i downloaded lthem but still didnt under stand how i select custom livery and were i put the file ???

Rob Prange
23-02-2012, 02:18
i downloaded lthem but still didnt under stand how i select custom livery and were i put the file ???

Here you go:

Where do I find the custom textures?
In your pCARS runtime under "...\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\" you will find default custom liveries for all cars.
They are all white and show a black wireframe.
Simply replace these textures with your own and choose the "Custom Livery" in the GUI selection.

Frank Pabst
23-02-2012, 02:26
Juniors have Build 154 too?

If not, that would explain, why he doesn't have these files/folders...

Rob Prange
23-02-2012, 02:35
Juniors have Build 154 too?

If not, that would explain, why he doesn't have these files/folders...

Good spot, of course!

Sorry, the custom livery feature has been added with build 154. You`ll have to wait for the next Junior build on March 2nd to use this feature, of course you can always upgrade to Team Member status to enjoy weekly builds as well :)

RACECAR
23-02-2012, 06:08
Great news. Now where does one download the templates?

Big Ron
23-02-2012, 06:11
Great news. Now where does one download the templates?

Search the "vehicles"-section in the forum and you will find a sub-forum called painting. The rest is pretty easy. And please try to use the search feature. It works quite good.

RACECAR
23-02-2012, 06:16
Search the "vehicles"-section in the forum and you will find a sub-forum called painting. The rest is pretty easy.
Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to some painting:)

And please try to use the search feature. It works quite good.
I will try to remember that before posting.

[PSR]Painkiller
23-02-2012, 12:00
is possible to have some logos already included un pcars like faretti tyres...

Jan Frischkorn
23-02-2012, 12:12
is possible to have some logos already included un pcars like faretti tyres...

Here:
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?3184-Fictional-logos-for-vehicle-liveries

It is worth looking in the Painting forum.
Everything you need is there. :)

Andrew Clark
23-02-2012, 13:26
I love the skinning contest idea it has been done before and the results were awesome. This being a community assisted project it's only fitting and I really look forward to seeing all the talented works of our members. As for me I don't have the patience to do this stuff anymore so I'll leave it to you guys.