PDA

View Full Version : PLease everyone follow/like us on Facebook!!

Ian Bell
17-02-2012, 07:22
Link here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-CARS-Community-Assisted-Race-Sim/278995465464722

Thanks!

Denis Martinez
17-02-2012, 07:47
Also, "I like" Facebook page. :D

So people who aren't members can be updated about game development. And who knows if one day join it!!

Tiago Fortuna
17-02-2012, 13:11
That's a hard request for me. Up until now I never had a good reason to open a Facebook account.

Can't we use Google+ also. That way I'd press the +1 button and not feel guilty about "not like"....

Andrew Clark
17-02-2012, 13:14
So let's see if we get 40 pages.
Link here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-CARS-Community-Assisted-Race-Sim/278995465464722

Thanks!

Johan Sundkvist
17-02-2012, 14:10
I think the facebook page would need to mirror the news found on the wmd frontpage instead of posts with sim raceway and rf2 footage.

Edit: maby remove all the wip images showing viewport screendumps from 3ds. Looks a bit too wip IMHO

omgitsbees
17-02-2012, 14:15
I was following it, but stopped, because whoever is running it is spamming to much. My Facebook Feed was filled with not only Project CAR updates, but updates of other racing sims that i'm not really interested in. I will follow their pages on Facebook if I want to know more about them. Whoever is doing it, please remind them to limit how much they post, it should just be a mirror of what is on the front page of this website.

Maciej Bruch
17-02-2012, 14:22
Good idea, i like it and follow on fb too. Thanks to this my friends are interested in pCARS now xD.

sagedavid
17-02-2012, 14:40
Can't we use Google+ also. That way I'd press the +1 button and not feel guilty about "not like"....
I made one (look at my signature). But as there was not more than 20 people, it's a bit in the vegetative state ...

I think the facebook page would need to mirror the news found on the wmd frontpage instead of posts with sim raceway and rf2 footage.

Edit: maby remove all the wip images showing viewport screendumps from 3ds. Looks a bit too wip IMHO

IMHO, it's interesting to have a look to other sims work, because we won't suffer from the comparison...
pCARS is WIP : why being afraid of showing WIP ? In that way, people may be aware that the development of the game is begining...
The main target of the FB page are people who don't know pCARS yet, or who want information when they do not connect much on the forum ...

Johan Sundkvist
17-02-2012, 14:43
IMHO, it's interesting to have a look to other sims work, because we won't suffer from the comparison...
pCARS is WIP : why being afraid of showing WIP ? In that way, people may be aware that the development of the game is begining...
The main target of the FB page are people who don't know pCARS yet, or who want information when they do not connect much on the forum ...

Because it don't look like serious project, more like something tree buddies are cooking up in their basement for fun. IMO of course :) here in the forums we can show that kind of stuff how much we want :)

sagedavid
17-02-2012, 14:47
Considering the "I like" before people from the forum join the FB page, I can tell you that people are interested in the way the game is built... :)
The page just reflect the content of the forum...

Johan Sundkvist
17-02-2012, 16:25
BTW, I think there is a serious risk of alienating People from joining wmd with posts like.

"
Project CARS : the Evil ?
:-p

Join/rejoignez pCARS !!!"

And then showing the funding bar.

omgitsbees
17-02-2012, 19:37
BTW, I think there is a serious risk of alienating People from joining wmd with posts like.

"

Yeah, I saw that too and was a bit taken back. The whole thing is very unprofessional, and I wonder if Ian Bell shouldn't just hire a professional PR guy.

knghtwhosaysni
17-02-2012, 20:45
I kinda think there should be an official SMS-run page... showing competition (rF2, simraceway) on what is now the most official pCARS page seems odd. No other brands do that on their facebook page. And the English/French combo in each update makes it seem less professional, again comparing to other international brands' facebook pages. Maybe not the right wording there, but we have tons of languages represented here, and it seems weird to me when something other than the language of the forums and WMD/pCARS homepage is used.

Andrew Clark
17-02-2012, 21:33
I like the Content a Lot of good stuff on the page.
I made one (look at my signature). But as there was not more than 20 people, it's a bit in the vegetative state ...

sagedavid
17-02-2012, 23:30
I kinda think there should be an official SMS-run page... showing competition (rF2, simraceway) on what is now the most official pCARS page seems odd. No other brands do that on their facebook page. And the English/French combo in each update makes it seem less professional, again comparing to other international brands' facebook pages. Maybe not the right wording there, but we have tons of languages represented here, and it seems weird to me when something other than the language of the forums and WMD/pCARS homepage is used.

Competition ? Have you ever heard of comparative advertising ? You will not see any criticism on my part, no lack of respect... I'm just in the factual...
Sometimes I even boasts some options of some games, proposing to include it in pCARS...
People can have a visual comparison before being tempted to go further : that's the purpose of the page... Teasing and inform :)

Considering the languages : first, the page was in french, because some people have difficulty with English in my country... As some people have asked me in English, I did my best to respect the language of Shakespeare ...
Now, the argument that kills: do you know that French is the official language of the FIA​​ :p ? Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, located at 8 place de la Concorde à Paris...

Yeah, I saw that too and was a bit taken back. The whole thing is very unprofessional, and I wonder if Ian Bell shouldn't just hire a professional PR guy.
Sure, I'm just physician... Internet is not my job... I just do it because I enjoy it... Let's make another FB page, my friend :)

"
This was just some humor considering the 666 and the point of view of X-sims fanboys :p...
Alienating people ? Do you consider people are so stupid :) ? I bring more value to human beings... ;)

I am open to any constructive proposal, but won't bend under any pressure :)
For now, above, there is God ... and Ian :p

PS : My PM is opened ;)
But try not to saturate it... :)

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 00:55
Im sorry Sagedavid, in my opinion your facebook page are more hurtful to the project than it is helping it to bring in new punters.

There need to be some content control from SMS to the marketing of this project on the social media before I can support it.

Ross Siggers
18-02-2012, 00:56
Fewer but larger updates. My newfeed is getting too much info about project cars.

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 01:07
Im sorry Sagedavid, in my opinion your facebook page are more hurtful to the project than it is helping it to bring in new punters.

On what points :) ?
Maybe some people behaviour and speech are more "hurtfull" to pCARS than this FB page ;) ?
But, I'm open to discussion :)...

Fewer but larger updates. My newfeed is getting too much info about project cars.
I try to go as fast as things move on the forum... very quickly :) !
When you say "fewer", you mean, for pictures, for example ? More in one time than fewer all day long ?
I can try... I think it will give me more work ('cause I'll have to differentiate older pictures from the new ones in the folder), but I can try :)
But don't worry, I'll have to slow down to prepare my PhD :p

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 01:18
On what points :) ?
Maybe some people behaviour and speech are more "hurtfull" to pCARS than this FB page ;) ?
But, I'm open to discussion :)...

there are a lot, for one thing your are saying you are using comparative advertising. That should just be used when the customer becomes aware of the possitive differaces in the product you are advertising. In the piece about rf2 there are 3 comments, 2 beeing negative about project cars comparative to in favour of rf2, clearly a failed attempt in comparative advertising in my book.

another thing is that you keep spamming the "join us" posts as if we are some kind of be rich quick scam. You are clearly not proficient in running a promotion page.

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 01:23
Johan cut the guy some slack he has put a lot of work and effort into creating this FB page I respect him for it and see that he is trying to do a major part to promote pCARS you have every right to your opinion but first be happy that he is trying to make an effort and that deserves consideration
there are a lot, for one thing your are saying you are using comparative advertising. That should just be used when the customer becomes aware of the possitive differaces in the product you are advertising. In the piece about rf2 there are 3 comments, 2 beeing negative about project cars comparative to in favour of rf2, clearly a failed attempt in comparative advertising in my book.

another thing is that you keep spamming the "join us" posts as if we are some kind of be rich quick scam. You are clearly not proficient in running a promotion page.

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 01:25
Johan cut the guy some slack he has put a lot of work and effort into creating this FB page I respect him for it and see that he is trying to do a major part to promote pCARS you have every right to your opinion but first be happy that he is trying to make an effort and that deservers consideration

I respect his ambition but I have to have the right to say if I think It is not any good. IMO.

edit: I think it hurts the project, that is why Im vocal about it.

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 01:27
Sure you do but tactfulness always helps
I respect his ambition but I have to have the right to say if I think It is not any good. IMO.

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 01:27
Sure you do but tactfulness always helps

edit: i am sorry but I'm not a tactful guy :(

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 01:35
Well I feel if more people were using it and posting to it it would become more creative on what is posted by the page owner he is pretty much been doing this himself and it seems no one here is trying to help the page there are tons of screenshots here in this forum that us members could post there or include some kind words regarding the project. We cannot expect sagedavid to do this all himself.

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 01:47
Ok, the second one is from a guy from pCARS forum (edubz)... but no problem with it... :)

Do you think we should fool people who will be interested in pCARS ?
Instead, we must give elements of comparison and demonstrate precisely that we don't fear nor be afraid of this comparison, because the devs who work there do their best.
If this is to bring in people to make a mess by saying that they were wrong, it's not worth... I've got sense of fair play :)
I consider people as I like to be considered...

For the 100 juniors who won't come because of this, I will cover the losses next with my 8.000 euros... ;)

For the links, I can perhaps reduce their number ;)

Did you see my answer ?

The goal being that pCARS' FFB and physics reaches (or exceeds ?) the level of the best simulations, of course... ;-)

Well I feel if more people were using it and posting to it it would become more creative on what is posted by the page owner he is pretty much been doing this himself and it seems no one here is trying to help the page there are tons of screenshots here in this forum that us members could post there or include some kind words regarding the project. We cannot expect sagedavid to do this all himself.
As you can see, the wall is open to publication... :)
I just hope it won't be a mess :D

It is sure that criticism is easy when you do not do much ...
I can only say that I have officially returned 17 paid members in the forum... :)

Thanks for your supporting me, Birddogg66 ;)

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 01:48

Im not sure more content are the right way to go to be honest.

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 02:00
So, you can help by sharing content that match your aspirations to interest around you, you are not obliged to link to the page... :)

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 02:01
Do you think we should fool people who will be interested in PCARS?

no

Instead, we must give elements of comparison and demonstrate precisely that we do not fear nor be afraid of this comparison, because the devs who work there do their best.

you are not doing anything but showing promotion videos of the competition, that is not beeing either brave or smart. They have their own marketing for that.

If this is to bring in people to make a mess by saying that they were wrong, it's not worth ...
For the 100 juniors who won't come because of this, I will cover the losses next with my 8.000 euros... ;)

great promise, how are you going to measure the losses ? ;)

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 02:09
great promise, how are you going to measure the losses ? ;)
Considering you're part of it, I'll have to put 100 more... LOL !

And you, on the other side, how are you going to measure the benefit, knowing that your evaluation is based on your subjectivity... ?

For sure, if we should take people who do nothing for example... the project is going to move forward ;) !

Johan Sundkvist
18-02-2012, 02:20
Im one of the believers that there is a thing as bad publishing...

Ian, are you seriously comfortable of having this as an official media outlet for Project Cars? I do remember to have seen you state you do not want wip images to be spread publicly on the internet. Surely you must have a say on other types of sanctioned advertising.

if this has SMS aproval then I will shut up... and find 100 euro to compensate SageDavid :)

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 02:25
I do remember to have seen you state you do not want wip images to be spread publicly on the internet. Surely you must have a say on other types of sanctioned advertising.
I agree with you : if there's a problem for WIP, I'll remove it :) !

But, you know, it doesn't prevent guys to put pCARS cars into rF2 :(
Those who want to use can register on the forum... This is the risk of this type of practice...

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 02:42
...then I will shut up... :)
A great opportunity :p !

No, I'm just kidding... You gave me the pike pole, so I took it, as we say in my country ;)
Regards

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 02:45
Well if our Community does not post there what does it say about our community If I was to go there and say those rFactor trees look good enough to piss on that may not be right but how does it look if the only posts are from the page creator?
Im not sure more content are the right way to go to be honest.

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 02:49
I already see troll activity there you own the page if people get out of line you can block them from posting
Ok, the second one is from a guy from pCARS forum (edubz)... but no problem with it... :)

Do you think we should fool people who will be interested in pCARS ?
Instead, we must give elements of comparison and demonstrate precisely that we don't fear nor be afraid of this comparison, because the devs who work there do their best.
If this is to bring in people to make a mess by saying that they were wrong, it's not worth... I've got sense of fair play :)

For the links, I can perhaps reduce their number ;)

Did you see my answer ?

As you can see, the wall is open to publication... :)
I just hope it won't be a mess :D

It is sure that criticism is easy when you do not do much ...
I can only say that I have officially returned 17 paid members in the forum... :)

Thanks for your supporting me, Birddogg66 ;)

knghtwhosaysni
18-02-2012, 03:36
I should refine what I was saying.

I wasn't trying to say that French is not an international language or that it's not relevant enough in racing, I was just saying that posting in French doesn't match how SMS presents pCARS.
I think more fundamentally, the issue is that the fb page feels like "Sagedavid's simracing fanpage (with an emphasis on pCARS)" rather than an official facebook page.
All of the official fb pages I'm aware of use a single language. Most don't post comments or shares under the page creator's account unless it's very official.

posts like
‎.
"The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 can be purchased on Simraceway for $4.32 USD."

or share posts from hardware companies like Vesaro which are not officially associated with pCARS. Or link to the Terms and Conditions (?? brands use facebook posts to show interesting content, and people rarely enjoy reading legalese). Or share a photo of a grid girl unassociated with pCARS (along with a joke about airbags). Or link to forum pages that nonmembers can't see.

Most brands would never post a link to a story/blog post about another brand's releases or making-of videos. If I saw Call of Duty videos show up on Battlefield's official facebook page, I'd be wondering if an unhappy employee was messing around on his way out...

If sagedavid wants to maintain an unofficial fanpage for pcars, I think that's fine, but it ought to be labeled as such and the official page ought to be run by SMS.

Andrew Clark
18-02-2012, 04:08
Knghtwhosaysni good points you have in respect to the page I do like the technical stuff on pCARS that has been posted maybe if he shares the page with the devs so they can post some of the technical stuff and announcements along with his stuff it may take on a more official feel to it. I know Tim Wheatley was doing the rF2 page and he is directly involved with ISI but has either gotten very busy or very lax with the page and you wonder where the hell did he go I feel that sagedavid could keep peoples interests when SMS gets too busy to do a bit of posting there. They have their hands full with the forum.

Gordon
18-02-2012, 04:39
I'm not going to comment regarding content etc of the facebook page other than thank Sage David for his efforts, others have made valid points. I have dutifully 'liked' on facebook. :)

Regardless, the more likes it receives the better, I presume.

I may be wrong but I suspect that the majority of pCARS members have never registered on facebook or that other site(twit-something) and never intend to. The only reason I joined facebook was because I received an email informing me that a cousin was trying to tell me something and I had to register to read it!

My point is that it may be a good idea to encourage people to join facebook if only to 'like' pCARS. Good luck!:rolleyes:

Micas
18-02-2012, 04:48
I'll try and say this tactfully, and hopefully not cause any hurt feelings because the intention is very good. I would prefer an official SMS Facebook page run by Rob, Remco and Dan. I would 'like' that without any reservation. I know it's not particularly fair to ask them to do even more since trying to read every message here is a full time job, I'm sure.. but just saying..

I have a Facebook profile, and the only thing I post on it are pictures of my dog.

xilian
18-02-2012, 08:32
Ok... I now "like" the page. But I dont like it enuff to get pics and videos posted every hour of the day.
Is there a way to get like... 10-15% 'ish?

sagedavid
18-02-2012, 09:36
I should refine what I was saying.

I wasn't trying to say that French is not an international language or that it's not relevant enough in racing, I was just saying that posting in French doesn't match how SMS presents pCARS.
I think more fundamentally, the issue is that the fb page feels like "Sagedavid's simracing fanpage (with an emphasis on pCARS)" rather than an official facebook page.
All of the official fb pages I'm aware of use a single language. Most don't post comments or shares under the page creator's account unless it's very official.

posts like

or share posts from hardware companies like Vesaro which are not officially associated with pCARS. Or link to the Terms and Conditions (?? brands use facebook posts to show interesting content, and people rarely enjoy reading legalese). Or share a photo of a grid girl unassociated with pCARS (along with a joke about airbags). Or link to forum pages that nonmembers can't see.

Most brands would never post a link to a story/blog post about another brand's releases or making-of videos. If I saw Call of Duty videos show up on Battlefield's official facebook page, I'd be wondering if an unhappy employee was messing around on his way out...

If sagedavid wants to maintain an unofficial fanpage for pCARS, I think that's fine, but it ought to be labeled as such and the official page ought to be run by SMS.

You should know that the "grid-girls" are a topic that is discussed right now on the forum... ? This photo is shared with another page about motor racing, I agree, this is not the best taste and I hesitated... but we need for the taste of everyone! Whether to flatter (all things considered) some of the macho side to attract some attention, why not :p ?

All topics discussed on my page are referred to topics that have been raised on the forum... and you know for sure :) !

Thus, FM4 garage was discussed and proposed by many members...

Nothing prevents to show what is good in others to to appropriate it in our simulation, it is also one of the aims of the page...

Ok... I now "like" the page. But I dont like it enuff to get pics and videos posted every hour of the day.
Is there a way to get like... 10-15% 'ish?
I just try to publish in real time all the forum's "stuff" :)

I'll try and say this tactfully, and hopefully not cause any hurt feelings because the intention is very good
thank you for your attention, I really appreciate :)

I would prefer an official SMS Facebook page run by Rob, Remco and Dan. I would 'like' that without any reservation.

You may be right... and my first intention was to fill this gap :)

That's your point of view... And I'm able to understand and respect it...

If sagedavid wants to maintain an unofficial fanpage for pcars, I think that's fine, but it ought to be labeled as such and the official page ought to be run by SMS.
The page is not "labeled" by SMS or pCARS
I don't think the fan list is searchable, so if Ian Bell made ​​no comment, no one knows that he "likes"...

On the other hand, the announcement of Ian brought a hundred of "I like" and some comments that I could do without... I will send him a PM for it to do close this post, and I will continue as I began : as a fan page invested in this project since the beginning ;)

MantaFahrer
18-02-2012, 10:03
The biggest issue is that some persons here look at a fanpage and expect a clean corporate official page. As a fanpage, you are doing it right. It cannot pretend being an official page, and... it's not. So, basically, any comment about how the official page should be done is out of this topic, and can be used by Ian and the team when (if...) they do something official.
Oh, a fanpage as French use the word is related to enthusiasts wanting to share their interest for something, not a negative term, I hope it is not a false friend ;)

Ian Bell
18-02-2012, 10:12
Closing this following a request chaps. David will continue to do his own thing on it.