PDA

View Full Version : New Project CARS Junior Build Available!

Rob Prange
03-02-2012, 13:22
We have just released the newest Junior Build of Project CARS, introducing the 2011 Formula A car and a long list of changes and improvements that our Junior members get to enjoy for the very first time.

For more info on the new build, check out the front page story:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/meet-the-formula-a-new-junior-build-available/

Evgeny Cheremovskiy
03-02-2012, 13:44
Rob, typo at the bottom of front page.

MMembership entitles players...

Andy Garton
03-02-2012, 13:46
For those that haven't seen my post elsewhere, let's not be shy about letting non-members know about this build guys (at least, if you like it :) ). Use social networking at its worst, and spam those racing forums :)

djice
03-02-2012, 13:49
Why only on racing forums, when we can do it everywhere? :cool:

sagedavid
03-02-2012, 13:52
Done on FB :p !

Links on InsideSimRacing (http://www.facebook.com/pages/InsideSimRacing/138396626189631?sk=wall&filter=12) and RaceDepartment (http://www.facebook.com/racedepartment?sk=wall&filter=1) FB pages ;-)

Let's launch the free trial, so that we can talk about it everywhere ;)

Omega Alpha
03-02-2012, 14:29
Can i advertise it on the GP facebook pages?

Andy Garton
03-02-2012, 14:30
Done on FB :p !

Let's launch the free trial, so that we can talk about it everywhere ;)
Free trial is coming as soon as we can get it implemented, maybe next week.

Omega Alpha
03-02-2012, 14:39

Well so many people are gonna be pumped for the Formula A (edit) i think we will see a few new users.
Im off to smash the CM forums with this good news.

zlep
03-02-2012, 15:52
Yes, finally F1. I also bought my access just because of this few weeks ago :)

phil23
03-02-2012, 16:46
Looking forward to testing this new build, especially the updated ffb:).

Lee616
04-02-2012, 22:36

Is it possible to make some small steps toward gamepad support before the free trial starts? It might be off-putting for some people given how some of the cars behave with the current setup.

FLX81
05-02-2012, 01:54
Exactly my concern, Lee. And regarding how quick a lot "hardcore" sim racers are to dismiss racing games as arcade maybe waiting a few more weeks to have a bit of FFB exorcism might be a good idea too imho. Imagine the snobbish part of the iRacing crowd getting a build with the same Logitech G25/27 problems as a lot of people in this forum with 144... I wouldnt want to read the comments! :(

Lee616
05-02-2012, 01:58
Exactly my concern, Lee. And regarding how quick a lot "hardcore" sim racers are to dismiss racing games as arcade maybe waiting a few more weeks to have a bit of FFB exorcism might be a good idea too imho. Imagine the snobbish part of the iRacing crowd getting a build with the same Logitech G25/27 problems as a lot of people in this forum with 144... I wouldnt want to read the comments! :(

Exactly. I fear that without these things sorted as best as they can be first we might end up with some bad publicity like you say. It's a fantastic idea the whole free trial thing, but is it a bit premature?

sagedavid
05-02-2012, 02:04
Agree... Maybe wait a few weeks that FFB and "tires physics" are close to perfection before being delivered in pasture, otherwise we will not make weight, even when faced with rF2 :a36: (I'm waiting the fallout)
With all the respect I owe you :) !

Lee616
05-02-2012, 02:10

Something else I meant to mention as a positive for the free trial is that the game in it's current state is just a clean simulation, albeit a WIP. You get handed a car or seven, shown the track, no gimmicks, nothing over the top. The simulation community are bound to appreciate that and if the FFB is solid they might only have to contend with bugs here and there.