PDA

View Full Version : Tool Packs, Perks, and Fees 101

Andy Tudor
12-10-2011, 18:21
Info on the money you could expect to get back once a game is released has now been posted up (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/).

rizla1
06-12-2011, 22:16
can i upgrade my account to team member?
i havent had the internet for a while and would like to contribute more..!

wizza
06-12-2011, 22:25
Nice bit of info Andy thanks:)

Do you know if Team Members and above will have to pay for DLC's???

Schadows
06-12-2011, 22:49
i havent had the internet for a while and would like to contribute more..!Yes you can. Just click on the "Join Now" button, select the "Team Member" status, and pay the remaining €15.

Do you know if Team Members and above will have to pay for DLC's???I don't really know, but in the perks that were announced (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/c-a-r-s-project-perks-announced/), exclusive cars were included for Team Members+, exclusive tracks for Senior+, and discounted items for Manager+.
So even, if all isn't included, I suppose some of it will be offered as DLC.

Rob Prange
06-12-2011, 22:49
i havent had the internet for a while and would like to contribute more..!

Sure you can, simply purchase the Team Member tool pack on the "Join Now" page. Since you`re already a Junior the price is 15€ :)

Mike Laskey
07-12-2011, 20:17
It concerns me that this information isn't immediately obvious. Maybe "Join Now" is replaced with "Join Now/Upgrade"

Micas
07-12-2011, 20:26
OT, but is Andy Tudor descended from the English Tudor dynasty?

That would be pretty awesome. Any time your wife got out of line, you could call her Anne and she'd straighten right up.

Vittorio Rapa
07-12-2011, 20:34
Now the button text is dynamic: if you are not a member yet you see the "Join Now !" button, otherwise you see the "Upgrade !" button.

LoRdLoSs
28-01-2015, 17:37
Been searching through the forums but can't find anything on this, do Team Members get a discounted copy of the game or do they just receive it?
Haven't been on the forums for awhile so a bit out of the loop, sorry for the silly question. Also haven't played in awhile as my controller receiver kicked the dust.

Rob Prange
28-01-2015, 17:38
Welcome back :)

Team Members receive a discounted version of the game based on their commitment, Full Members (hence the name) and above receive a free copy.

AngeloMertel
28-01-2015, 17:51
what does "based on their commitment" mean?

if i buy, i pay how much more?
if i don't buy, i get what back?

Rob Prange
28-01-2015, 17:52
It means that you get a discount based on the price of your membership level, in your case 25 Euros.

u982245
09-03-2015, 14:21
i put up 100 euro in the begining cause i was told this was a investement (and beacuse i also love car games) and i know that was taken away from us beacuse of legit laws, but what i am curious about is what do i acctually get for my "investement" now that the game goes on sale, just one copy via steam ? not even a download code for for my xbox one or ps4 ?

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 14:24
i put up 100 euro in the begining cause i was told this was a investement (and beacuse i also love car games) and i know that was taken away from us beacuse of legit laws, but what i am curious about is what do i acctually get for my "investement" now that the game goes on sale, just one copy via steam ? not even a download code for for my xbox one or ps4 ?

You'll get the game for the platform you want and your investment is not taken away. You'll still get the promised profit shares. :)

Remco Van Dijk
09-03-2015, 15:06
You'll get free added/DLC content too worth your toolpack minus the base game price.

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 15:09
You'll get free added/DLC content too worth your toolpack minus the base game price.

Huh? Never knew that. Are you sure?

Tiago Fortuna
09-03-2015, 15:27
You don't want it? Give it to me :D

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 15:32
Seriously guys, where can I find that info? Or is my sarcasm detector just broken? :confused:

Thomas Taschler
09-03-2015, 16:00
Not sure if it is outdated, but this design document from 2011 says "discounted" items, not free ;)
Page 13
http://wmdportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/WMD_Overview_1011.pdf

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 16:03
Yeah but I'm not a manager, neither is u982245...

Thomas Taschler
09-03-2015, 16:03
Like I said, it may be outdated :)

u982245
09-03-2015, 16:09
You'll get the game for the platform you want and your investment is not taken away. You'll still get the promised profit shares. :)

i understood it that way that we could not get the money initially promissed beacuse it did not forfill english investement laws ?

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 16:09
Like I said, it may be outdated :)

Just like me... :a01:

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 16:10
i understood it that way that we could not get the money initially promissed beacuse it did not forfill english investement laws ?

No. The FSA/FCA was fine with our "notinvestment" system as long as we didn't let more "investors"/public money in. That's why we can't reopen toolpack purchases, even if we wanted to.

u982245
09-03-2015, 16:15
No. The FSA/FCA was fine with our "notinvestment" system as long as we didn't let more "investors"/public money in. That's why we can't reopen toolpack purchases, even if we wanted to.

aha thats great news, then i have misunderstood everything, cause i was under the impression that we would not get any money and that was why we all could choose to have our "investement" back if we choose to

Stefan Ihl
09-03-2015, 16:19
aha thats great news, then i have misunderstood everything, cause i was under the impression that we would not get any money and that was why we all could choose to have our "investement" back if we choose to

Sorry I forgot. This was the other requirement to continue with the WMD platform. Give everyone the chance to opt out if he wants.

u982245
09-03-2015, 16:21
then i gonna cross my fingers this great games sells 100 million copies then hehe, with all the press it have gotten latley i would imagine this game will be one of the best selling car games ever!

u982245
09-03-2015, 16:24
Sorry I forgot. This was the other requirement to continue with the WMD platform. Give everyone the chance to opt out if he wants.

but how will we get paid ? and how can i get my hands on free copies of the game for xbox one, ps4 etc ?

Marcel Spuehler
09-03-2015, 16:25
The Returns will come in via your Paypal Account... About the Free Copie there will be an anouncement soon...

Eric Bergeret
09-03-2015, 16:25
Seriously guys, where can I find that info? Or is my sarcasm detector just broken? :confused: just take a look on your steam :) "is not a sarcasm, was annonced by a blue guy"

Rob Prange
09-03-2015, 16:29
but how will we get paid ? and how can i get my hands on free copies of the game for xbox one, ps4 etc ?

You'll receive the money via Paypal, we'll be announcing the procedure regarding the member copies very soon.

Tiago Fortuna
09-03-2015, 16:35
Since nearly the beginning i recall this question. Pretty sure we should get free updates while whatever we invested "runs out".

But please, don't ask me to use the search function... (yeah I know it is powerful when you know how :) )

Joshua Healy
09-03-2015, 20:01
Since nearly the beginning i recall this question. Pretty sure we should get free updates while whatever we invested "runs out".

But please, don't ask me to use the search function... (yeah I know it is powerful when you know how :) )

I can't remember where the post was either but I remember it was either Andy or Ian saying something along the lines of "Members will get all content that was funded with WMD money free".

Mad LL
11-03-2015, 17:59
My recollection was that we would get a cut (like on the main game sales) on DLCs that contain at least one car developed with WMD money.

EDIT : Actually I remembered Ian's post (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?18717-Post-release-Updates-How-will-it-be-done&p=744239&viewfull=1#post744239) and not Andy's (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?19143-Responses-to-Limited-Edition-Announcement&p=743490&viewfull=1#post743490).

mercenar1e
25-04-2015, 06:29
The Returns will come in via your Paypal Account... About the Free Copie there will be an anouncement soon...

im guessing the PayPal that is linked to the profile right? when does the payout begin anyway?

lollygag
25-04-2015, 07:04
You've been a member for 3 years and your first and only post is "Wheres my money?"

Remco Van Dijk
25-04-2015, 07:50
You've been a member for 3 years and your first and only post is "Wheres my money?"

No need for that please. Different people, different interests and approaches.

Stefan Ihl
25-04-2015, 08:00
im guessing the PayPal that is linked to the profile right? when does the payout begin anyway?

1. Yes
2. The profit shares will be payed out every 3 months, starting in... well, about 3 months. :cool:

mercenar1e
25-04-2015, 08:57

i actually bought in because of the game and not for the money but recently someone brought it up in a forum.. came to me as a complete surprise.

Umer Ahmad
25-04-2015, 11:37
You did see his forum name, correct? ;)

Andrew Clark
25-04-2015, 13:02
I could see how someone might question when the first payment would come since the game has been for sale for quite a while now via pre-order.

Vittorio Rapa
25-04-2015, 13:19
I could see how someone might question when the first payment would come since the game has been for sale for quite a while now via pre-order.

You know no money would be sent out to the publisher/developer, until the game is actually shipped ... ?

Raphael Klapczynski
25-04-2015, 15:25
Really? No money of pre-orders are sent to the devs/pubs until it's been shipped? :eek: Nice to know.

John Hargreaves
25-04-2015, 15:33
Don‘t the retailers only charge your card when they ship the game? I‘ve had the LE on order from Game UK for ages now, but I‘m pretty sure they haven‘t taken the cash yet.

Tim Foster
25-04-2015, 16:47
Dont the retailers only charge your card when they ship the game? Ive had the LE on order from Game UK for ages now, but Im pretty sure they havent taken the cash yet.

Yep, I used PayPal to pay for my Game order last September and they haven't charged it through yet.

In fact, Game emailed everyone a while ago saying they'd dropped the price of the PC LE version so it's 34.99 instead of 39.99 when I ordered it. I assume it'll be charged as soon as it's processed for delivery - which is what most online retailers should do.

Here's the text from the PayPal email I got at the time of ordering:

You submitted an order amounting to 39.99 GBP to Game Retail Ltd
Thanks for using PayPal. Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment. You may receive multiple emails as the merchant processes your order.

Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.

Vittorio Rapa
25-04-2015, 17:11
Really? No money of pre-orders are sent to the devs/pubs until it's been shipped? :eek: Nice to know.

Yes.. otherwise we will see people selling thin air and promises.... oh wait!

Andrew Clark
25-04-2015, 20:34
You know no money would be sent out to the publisher/developer, until the game is actually shipped ... ?

No I wouldn't and likely I am thinking others wouldn't know that as well maybe raising a question or two from individuals who have not frequented the forums rarely or if ever?

Tim Foster
25-04-2015, 20:47
No I wouldn't and likely I am thinking others wouldn't know that as well maybe raising a question or two from individuals who have not frequented the forums rarely or if ever?

Because cancellations are allowed for pre-orders (e.g. on Amazon) up to the point of shipping, most online retailers don't take money for orders until the ship date.

There might be a million pre-orders at this point in time, but no money has changed hands yet.

An exclusion to the above however is Steam - they charge you right there and then for pre-orders, although I believe you can cancel the pre-order (never done it myself but I suspect Steam might be sneaky and give you store credit instead of a chargeback to your credit card)!

Alan Dallas
27-04-2015, 05:17
Because cancellations are allowed for pre-orders (e.g. on Amazon) up to the point of shipping, most online retailers don't take money for orders until the ship date.

There might be a million pre-orders at this point in time, but no money has changed hands yet.

An exclusion to the above however is Steam - they charge you right there and then for pre-orders, although I believe you can cancel the pre-order (never done it myself but I suspect Steam might be sneaky and give you store credit instead of a chargeback to your credit card)!
If you cancel a Steam Pre-Order it is refunded to your Steam Wallet. It's mentioned in the Purchase Agreement you have to agree to before the system lets you place the order. Been like that for years.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6345-QIDX-7244&l=english

Joshua Healy
27-04-2015, 08:09

Talking to one of the LA Noir devs, sometimes even then you don't get the money... Too many times I had to hear that story, haha

Jiri Kaspar
30-04-2015, 07:27
Hi guys

why isnt informations about full member in this list? http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/

Thx

Neil Hopwood
30-04-2015, 07:35
Hi guys

why isnt informations about full member in this list? http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/

Thx

Because that page actually predates the creation of the Full Member toolpack.

Stefan Ihl
30-04-2015, 07:43
Hi guys

Thx

Because that page actually predates the creation of the Full Member toolpack.

Btw. those numbers are outdated. So this page is of very little use anyway.

Graham Hawkins
30-04-2015, 07:48
Btw. those numbers are outdated. So this page is of very little use anyway.

Sort of outdated. That was only ever an example

Below is a case study of these fees based on the following hypothetical cost, time, and team size…

Stefan Ihl
30-04-2015, 07:51
Sort of outdated. That was only ever an example

Yeah but that example doesn't even work anymore because of the reduced shares for the sales on the new consoles.

Neil Bateman
30-04-2015, 17:12
Is there a post somewhere with more upto date and realistic estimate of possible members returns, was hoping for it to be at least enough to buy the ps4 version for my grandsons birthday in august. Money is as tight as a duck arse.

Stefan Ihl
30-04-2015, 17:18
This is the most up to date we have:

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?16529-Potential-returns-spreadsheet.

Jack_NL
01-05-2015, 05:13
A friend has payed Pcars for me as I hadnt a Paypal account that time
Now I have a working paypal account

i read that returns will be payed to the paypal account where the payment came from
I rather have the returns to my own paypal account what can we do to make that happen?

flymar
01-05-2015, 05:18
I rather have the returns to my own paypal account what can we do to make that happen?Go to "My Profile" and fill "Paypal Email" field.

Jack_NL
01-05-2015, 05:22
Hi

thats quick :)

Have that already filled it in with my paypal email, that would be enough? cool

flymar
01-05-2015, 07:51
Hi

thats quick :)

Have that already filled it in with my paypal email, that would be enough? cool
Yes, if you have validated paypal account.

Graham Hawkins
01-05-2015, 07:59
And to pre-empt the next question

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21282-HOW-TO-Set-up-your-Paypal-account-to-receive-returns

Dustman
07-05-2015, 17:51
When will the money get into our paypal acct ?:)

Remco Van Dijk
07-05-2015, 17:51
When will the money get into our paypal acct ?:)
Every 3 months after release.

Marcel Spuehler
07-05-2015, 17:52
First after 3 Months... (So Quarter wise)...

And Ninja'd by Remco :a18:

Makikou
24-06-2015, 07:56
Hello all, i hope i am not necromancering the thread but:

This page (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/) does not list the "Full Member" rank. What are the projected returns?

flymar
24-06-2015, 08:14
Hello all, i hope i am not necromancering the thread but:

This page (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/) does not list the "Full Member" rank. What are the projected returns?Yes you are:) Projected returns are not known because sale numbers are not revealed yet. There is magical spreadsheed somewhere that estimates around 200% return with 4 milion sales AFAIR. But right now it's nothing sollid.