PDA

View Full Version : New Video Trailer Kicks Off Busy Months Ahead

Rob Prange
15-01-2012, 02:04
Our member HDTanel has put together a stunning video trailer of pCARS, you can find it in a new frontpage story that outlines some of the changes coming to pCARS in the coming months :)

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/new-video-trailer-kicks-off-busy-months-ahead/

lemming77
15-01-2012, 02:41
That's quite cool, looks really good. Nice work HDTanel! :) But doesn't "Order now, play now" give the wrong impression?

wizza
15-01-2012, 02:58
WOW! outstanding video could almost be for a movie :D

Markus Siegmeth
15-01-2012, 07:56
WOW! The last scene is like straight out of a movie trailer! Very atmospheric trailer, perfect choice of music and voice overlay!

Mike Laskey
15-01-2012, 08:30
Excellent production - will need a new one when tyre deformation is in of course :)

Stefanex
15-01-2012, 11:21
Very beautiful video. I love this game

Big Ron
15-01-2012, 12:34
Cool video. But I see no advantage to the already released video of BNismo. Both are pretty well done. But if I wouldn´t know the game and see the video, I would be a bit deterred by a racing field full of all the same cars, especially when it come to non-cup cars. That should be hidden for promotion in my opinion till the list of cars is long enough to show a wider range of cars racing in a field.

Mihkel Kytt
15-01-2012, 12:44
I think the video is cool enough to show, no need to wait some kind of perfection or we will wait forever

Viktor Kolomiets
15-01-2012, 15:45
Cool video. But I see no advantage to the already released video of BNismo. Both are pretty well done. But if I wouldn´t know the game and see the video, I would be a bit deterred by a racing field full of all the same cars, especially when it come to non-cup cars. That should be hidden for promotion in my opinion till the list of cars is long enough to show a wider range of cars racing in a field.

I have to agree, even though I wouldn't want to impose any restrictions on user created stuff, like screenies/videos. This opinion of mine is of racing game enthusiast, rather than a dev, I know what draws me in/pushes me in doubt area
BTW, I like the video, apart from that very thing that showed very "samey" car fields, not author's fault

EDIT: can't answer Rob below, cause my logi 5500 speakers decided to die in my dev/racing setup, so everything is mute atm, can't be bothered to bring upstairs set downstairs and am only using headphones when I race

EDIOT2: actually, if i could stand music in any racving game I could answer, but I cant :D, as I always turn it off. Tom Waits rules!!!!

Rob Prange
15-01-2012, 15:47
By the way, does anybody know what the music used in the video is? It's some kind of theme I´ve heard before but Shazam is clueless :)

Howie_2012
15-01-2012, 16:36
Inception...

I agree, that last shot is awesome, film quality thrilling!
And while I do sometimes wince when I see things like unfinished Bathurst, I think these videos are fine for early promotion, as they are so awesome now, and in months ahead the public will be amazed at the final product!

Evgeny Cheremovskiy
17-01-2012, 09:52
By the way, does anybody know what the music used in the video is? It's some kind of theme I´ve heard before but Shazam is clueless :)
One comment on YT says it's "Two Steps From Hell - Freedom Fighters". It's almost 40 000 views atm btw. Probably the most viewable pCARS video so far.

Howie_2012
17-01-2012, 10:56
Its the theme from Inception!

Reaper 392
17-01-2012, 11:54
damn good trailer for pCARS HDTanel. it truly deserves its place at the head of the news article :)

Kinski
17-01-2012, 19:31
This looks spectacular

Andy Tudor
18-01-2012, 23:43
GameTrailers have now asked if there is a downloadable HD version available they can put on their website :D

Patrick Kulinski
18-01-2012, 23:49
~75,000 views in 100 hours on Youtube. Not bad.

Matthew Hardwick
19-01-2012, 02:16
GameTrailers have now asked if there is a downloadable HD version available they can put on their website :D

Now that will get a lot of attention. That other front page video from Scorezilla is also Gametrailers material.

Andy Tudor
19-01-2012, 10:02
Can someone point me to where I can download both please and I'll send them over.

Evgeny Cheremovskiy
19-01-2012, 10:09
Andy, the best way of course is to ask HDTanel and BSNismo to upload original material somewhere, but you can always download videos directly from YT. It's not the best option quality wise though. Download Master can do it, just copy URL and paste in it.

Dan Blamey
19-01-2012, 10:52
Andy, I've PM'd HDTanel and BSNismo to contact you :)

HDTanel
20-01-2012, 05:11
Can someone point me to where I can download both please and I'll send them over.

Sent you the original 600Mb :)
And thank you all once again for the great feedback!
Cant wait to do another trailer when the game is more finished.
All is going very well for me and I might be able to do trailers to some other games also now thanks to the great feedback on my pCars trailer. Right now trying to get the opportunity to make a trailer for Carmageddon 4, one of my all time favs haha. Sry Slightly Mad :D

Andy Tudor
20-01-2012, 21:57
Cheers HDTanel, this has just hit the front page of GameTrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/project-cars/16001) - congratulations!

Andy Tudor
20-01-2012, 22:04
I haven't managed to get hold of BSNismo but I downloaded his vid from YouTube and popped in some more recent footage to create this redux...

Project CARS - BSNismo December trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnIl9rXXko&feature=youtu.be)

NB.. Please note this above link is private for now until he's at least had a chance to see it ;)

Reaper 392
20-01-2012, 23:28
just posted HDTanel's trailer on the overclockers forums. hopefully a few people will bite :)

Howie_2012
21-01-2012, 01:26
Cheers HDTanel, this has just hit the front page of GameTrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/project-cars/16001) - congratulations!

You should tell them to change the writeup to say makers of the NFS Shift Series or 1 and 2...not just Shift...

Not to be devils advo, but are you allowed to use those tunes legally in these trailers?
And someone from SMS may want to kinda moderate if they can those comments on the site... or at least give good rebuttles... alot of slinging hash already...

This baby is going to gain some momentum now that its being shown on gametrailers! Get ready folks! Slew of new members coming soon I guarantee! ;)

HDTanel
21-01-2012, 03:59

Hehe super thanks! :) Man I must come visit you guys haha, make a interview.. havent really travelled further then Finland and Sweden before so should be a fun trip lol.

Evgeny Cheremovskiy
21-01-2012, 08:10
I haven't managed to get hold of BSNismo but I downloaded his vid from YouTube and popped in some more recent footage to create this redux...

Project CARS - BSNismo December trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnIl9rXXko&feature=youtu.be)

NB.. Please note this above link is private for now until he's at least had a chance to see it ;)
Andy, wrong URL in the watermark.

Andy Tudor
21-01-2012, 12:20
Fixed (http://youtu.be/IMk6vcmoPyw) (previous video removed)

GMSimRacer
21-01-2012, 19:10
Sent you the original 600Mb :)
And thank you all once again for the great feedback!
Cant wait to do another trailer when the game is more finished.
All is going very well for me and I might be able to do trailers to some other games also now thanks to the great feedback on my pCars trailer. Right now trying to get the opportunity to make a trailer for Carmageddon 4, one of my all time favs haha. Sry Slightly Mad :D

HDTanel 600mb - what format you rendering ?