PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Time to be famous (Set your Real Name)

Pages : [1] 2

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 12:07
IMPORTANT: NAMES HAVE BEEN COLLECTED ALREADY - Feel free to add the required information to your profile if didn't it already, just in case we may do another run later: requests posted to this thread will not be collected.

The final list is attached to this post

Any Team Member and above is invited to set his/her real name that will be used to name an opponent driver (AI), due to the member perk: "Get an opponent named after you".

To do so: click on "My Profile" (upper right), then move to the "About Me" tab (center window) and fill the field "Real Name" and "Country" by clicking the pencil icon.

You have time until the end of the next week (March 9th)

Some info and rules:

- If you don't want to have your real name into the game, do not fill that field (or remove your name, if you have filled it already);
- Use your First and Last Name (having an additional middle name or a double first name is ok too);
- If you do not add a Country, a random one will be assigned to the AI driver;
- Use only plain ascii characters (no special characters like Nordic alphabet or such) or the name won't be saved;
- There's no specified length, however we cannot add a 200 letters name for obvious reasons, so abbreviate it, if required;
- That field is the only one who will be used in game (your nickname won't be used);
- The Real Name field, for privacy reasons, is private (it cannot be read by other forum users, so it cannot be associate to your forum account);
- This won't affect the game login (it's only used to name the AI);
- Don't be tempted to name yourself Freddie Mercury, George Clooney, or Ian Bell (unless that's your real name), the entries will be checked;

BuToNz
25-02-2014, 12:10
Hell yeah!

Aldo Zampatti
25-02-2014, 12:10
Vittorio, I believe a yellow bar message is needed to reach everyone.

:)

Great to hear this is happening!

James Brooks
25-02-2014, 12:11
Vittorio, I believe a yellow bar message is needed to reach everyone.

Great to hear this is happening!

Was done already :)

Timo Koskela
sorry - didn't notice the pencil thing :P

Aldo Zampatti
Was done already
Jeez!! that was fast...!

Bjorn Kruuse-Meyer
25-02-2014, 12:12
Can I use Nordic char in my real name, (since my real name is Bjrn..),
or will it make the game crash? :)

James Brooks
25-02-2014, 12:12
It's control panel -> edit profile btw :)

Or just click the little yellow pencil on your profile next to "Real Name"

Pugamall
25-02-2014, 12:16
Woh !

I can't wait to see my DADs name as I race round (Re My signature/Dad's account)

R8TEDM3
Done!

Great idea Vittorio :yes:

Dominic Schoenberner
Oh yeah!

Max Franchelli
25-02-2014, 12:17
My name is Bond, James Bond :greedy_dollars:

Doc_Savage_NDMF
25-02-2014, 12:18
But I am Doc Savage... :confused:

I'd actually like to use my Stage/Author name instead if possible please.
_

delpinsky
25-02-2014, 12:19
Can I use Nordic char in my real name, (since my real name is Bjrn..),
or will it make the game crash? :)
I fear it would create a space-time paradox if you do that! So be careful... :D

I already filled that field long ago.

77_HAN
25-02-2014, 12:20
I would like to know, where these real names are used in the game and how they are selected in a race.

Andy Garton
25-02-2014, 12:20

_
Real names only please, we don't want the game to looks silly with weird looking nicknames mixed in with realistic names. If you're not happy to use your real name then that's fine, just don't fill in the profile field.

David Bishop
25-02-2014, 12:21
Nice, I set that up pretty much when i joined. Lets hope virtual me is a better driver.

Kwazi Pig
25-02-2014, 12:21
Kwazi Pig was my name years ago, i changed it by Deed Poll around about 1984. I don't remember the exact year :@)
I have been known as Pig since i was 5 years old. I was named after a character in the Charlie Brown comic strip, can you guess which one ?

I had to change my name back to ??????????? ???????? because for some strange reason i could not get a job. ;@)
But that's another story.

I would like to use Kwazi Pig as everyone knows me as this. Even when i was young if anyone came round for me if they asked for ????
my mum would say WHO ?

Please can i use this name Kwazi Pig

Graham Hawkins
25-02-2014, 12:22
Is it acceptable for me to fill in my wifes fathers name in this field to be used in game?

He died a few years ago and we have little to remember him by. He was an avid amateur racing driver in the 70s, and it would be a nice tribute to him.

Dominic Schoenberner
25-02-2014, 12:24
If it's a real name it's ok i think. I have a second senior account, could i use there the name of my brother?

Jibbed
25-02-2014, 12:26
Any chance I could get my helmet in too? ;)

Andy Garton
25-02-2014, 12:27
Let's be sensible about this guys - if we do that we can make it work. If we don't use common sense then it will fail and we'll have to kill the idea for everybody, which would be a shame.

The game will be played by all types and ages of people hopefully, so please bear this in mind when/if filling in the real name field.

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 12:28
We're not sending an henchman to check if that's really your real name... the point of having real names (as Andy mentioned already) is to avoid to have fictional/odd names in the game, that's it.

// edit: ... ah right "common sense" was the right sentence...

Dominic Schoenberner
25-02-2014, 12:30
Ok so i will fill in my brothers name as Real name in my second account :)

Casimir Bonnet
25-02-2014, 12:30
Well, done for a while but great idea to push it through all the other ppl who haven't did it yet

Kwazi Pig
25-02-2014, 12:31
Any chance I could get my helmet in too? ;)

Easy now :)

Dominic Schoenberner
25-02-2014, 12:32
@cazsan

Your real name should be with last name please. Looks odd with only the forename.

Priit Vork
25-02-2014, 12:33
Will all characters be supported, because I'd rather be "Priit Vrk" instead of "Priit Vork"?

colets
What about using two surnames (or a middle name)?. Here in Spain we use two surnames.

Benjamin Fischer

_

Why not Dr. Sherly Savage than?

Patrick Kulinski
25-02-2014, 12:34
@cazsan

Your real name should be with last name please. Looks odd with only the forename.I don't know whether he changed that right now but he has given a last name ;)

Sylvain Antoni
25-02-2014, 12:34
I did change my forum name a long time ago but I've never thought about filling the "real name" field in the profile! :rolleyes:

James Brooks
25-02-2014, 12:35
I guess its worth a reminder as i just filled it out....

If you are using your real name in the forum, you still have to fill out the field for real name.....mine was blank until the announcement. I had assumed it was auto filled out because i had changed my forum name, but seems not.

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 12:36
Will all characters be supported, because I'd rather be "Priit Vrk" instead of "Priit Vork"?

I'll ask who's involved... but to be safe, I would chose plain ascii only.

Dominic Schoenberner
I don't know whether he changed that right now but he has given a last name ;)

Yeah he has changed it :)

Raphael Klapczynski
Done! ;)

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 12:37
Hi,

have a question...

If i will set this realname, which name will be used ingame fr logging in?

Will i log into pCARS (also after release) as "Snoopy" and just a AI will drive with this realname?

Or will i have to use this realname for logging in and driving?

Atm i understand it like "this option is only for one AI Driver", my account (and login) will not be modified forever.

Dominic Schoenberner
25-02-2014, 12:39
- Don't be tempted to name yourself Freddie Mercury, George Clooney, or Ian Bell (unless that's your real name), the entries will be screened;

What does "screened" mean? Does that mean the names will be showed in a seperate Thread? Because i think there are much who have done it wrong (only forename for example) and don't look in here. These have to be sorted out. With a list the users could help with that. (Numbers for every name - user reports a number - name gets removed)

@snoopy: You've understand that right. It's only for AI.

Espen S. Andresen
25-02-2014, 12:40
What about using two surnames (or a middle name)?. Here in Spain we use two surnames.

I'm guessing middle names are ok, whether you have two first names or two (or three, or four) surnames. I've used the initial for my middle name, or it would be 27 characters long...

Some sort of clarification of the rules here would be good. (Middle name ok? Initials? special characters? Max length?)

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 12:45
First post updated with some more info.

Paul Beugelsdijk
25-02-2014, 12:49
Filled out my name. It will be kind of cool to see your own name passing by :)

Rob Prange
25-02-2014, 12:50

By passing by you mean "get lapped", right? :)

Felix Overroedder
25-02-2014, 12:54
Great idea! I assume I should use 'oe' instead of '' in my name right?

Rob Prange
25-02-2014, 12:56
Great idea! I assume I should use 'oe' instead of '' in my name right?

To be safe, yes.

sjanski
25-02-2014, 12:57
Will the names be tied in with the livery contests that were run which needed names on the roofs, so those of us that were lucky to have a livery picked, will the ai which is using that livery use their name?

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 12:58
Hi,

next thing.

If i would set my realname into this field, what happens if someone has a login in pCARS with the same name?
I'm not the only one on this planet with this name...

If he would drive with his realname (login pCARS) and a AI is driving also in this race/career, the driver will we doubled?

Patrick Kulinski
25-02-2014, 12:58
@Vit: for making your work with first and family names easier during data processing, would it make sense to write the names in the format "Kulinski, Patrick", "von der Lippe, Jrgen" or "Alonso del Mar, Jorge Tomaso"? That would make it very easy to create a .csv table.

Davide Quaroni
25-02-2014, 12:59
Done! So, changing the nick long time ago wasn't needed after all... but it's ok :)

I guess you'll play using your name, so you won't see "yourself" passing your car :)

Doc_Savage_NDMF
25-02-2014, 13:00
Real names only please, we don't want the game to looks silly with weird looking nicknames mixed in with realistic names. If you're not happy to use your real name then that's fine, just don't fill in the profile field.

My Stage/Author name isn't silly, it's one I use for public work. It looks the same as Andy Garton, just with different letters.

I wouldn't use the name I use here, it's a web address and understandingly not wanted in the game as it looks like a nick name or a made up name.

I didn't see anything concerning name restrictions before, but I had planned on using my public name from the beginning. Even if there weren't restrictions, I wouldn't compromise the integrity of the process by using a silly name, I don't want to see a mix of silliness either. As long as my name looks the same and is serious the same as all others with no hidden agendas, puns or other childish innuendo I'd like to see the name I use for my public work be used in public. Actors and Authors have names like these for good reason, they're both legal and legit.

I don't want to start a ruckus, but I am saddened that I can't use a name I use everyday in the real world in the game. That said, I'll fill it in the field and trust you to decide if it's unreasonable or not.

Cheers..!
_

sid6.8
25-02-2014, 13:02
Done!!! Great idea! Thanks!

Jack_NL
25-02-2014, 13:02
Done

If possible I would like a AI driver in a Ford Capri named as me :)

wizza
25-02-2014, 13:03
Done !!

Ford Sierra cossie for me please :p

Davide Quaroni
25-02-2014, 13:03
My Stage/Author name isn't silly, it's one I use for public work. It looks the same as Andy Garton, just with different letters.

I wouldn't use the name I use here, it's a web address and understandingly not wanted in the game as it looks like a nick name or a made up name.

I didn't see anything concerning name restrictions before, but I had planned on using my public name from the beginning. Even if there weren't restrictions, I wouldn't compromise the integrity of the process by using a silly name, I don't want to see a mix of silliness either. As long as my name looks the same and is serious the same as all others with no hidden agendas, puns or other childish innuendo I'd like to see the name I use for my public work be used in public. Actors and Authors have names like these for good reason, they're both legal and legit.

I don't want to start a ruckus, but I am saddened that I can't use a name I use everyday in the real world in the game. That said, I'll fill it in the field and trust you to decide if it's unreasonable or not.

Cheers..!
_

Doc, I'm sorry but I think that if we allow your nick, the game will be full of "Prof. Doom", "Mr. Garbage", "Uncle Perdition" soon... :(

Gopher04
25-02-2014, 13:06
Done..

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 13:09
Hey guys, keep this thread clear!

Questions aren't seen.

Noone want to hear or see if you setted this field...

Rob Prange
25-02-2014, 13:11
Indeed, "Done" kind of postings aren't necessary really.

Patrick Kulinski
25-02-2014, 13:12
Doc, I'm sorry but I think that if we allow your nick, the game will be full of "Prof. Doom", "Mr. Garbage", "Uncle Perdition" soon... :(IMO his "real name" is perfectly fine.

I agree with Snoopy, that additional chatter doesn't help.

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 13:12
Hey Rob,

can you have a look on [1]?

What will happen?

[1] http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?17588-Time-to-be-famous-%28Set-your-Real-Name%29&p=648047&viewfull=1#post648047

Joven
25-02-2014, 13:13
It's been answered already, it has nothing to do with your login. (unless you're asking just about names showing up, in which case I'm guessing it's random, as I'm sure currently when a dev drives they still see their names on the AI.)

Tommy T
25-02-2014, 13:15
What the hells so hard to understand here? Real name, or no AI plain and simple.

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 13:17
It's been answered already, it has nothing to do with your login. (unless you're asking just about names showing up, in which case I'm guessing it's random, as I'm sure currently when a dev drives they still see their names on the AI.)This is yet.
I want to know what happens after release...

And my question is not with my own loginname setted.

Is it possible in the release Candidate, that more drivers (one AI and one Human) with the same (login)name will exist in a race or pCARS?

Ryno917
25-02-2014, 13:36
Is it possible to have my name tied to a particular car? I'd like it to appear on the Keon Z4 and possibly on the Vulcan Caper.

Benjamin Fischer
25-02-2014, 13:44

Cheers..!
_

I assume Andy though you want to use Doc Savage as your "Real Name". If your stage name is something totally normal (e.g. John Smith) than just go with it :)

kekdaruler
25-02-2014, 13:45
can't wait to get wrecked by my AI-"i". :D

Davide Quaroni
25-02-2014, 13:47
I assume Andy though you want to use Doc Savage as your "Real Name". If your stage name is something totally normal (e.g. John Smith) than just go with it :)

I confess I thought the same, but reading again Doc's post you're probably right. Well in that case, I'm sorry Doc :)

Dominic Schoenberner
25-02-2014, 13:48
Is it possible to have my name tied to a particular car? I'd like it to appear on the Keon Z4 and possibly on the Vulcan Caper.

I don't think so, i would say it will be random. But only Dev knows ;)

Tom Curtis
25-02-2014, 13:50

Cheers..!
_
But surely there is legal issues with Doc Savage though. Since Man of Bronze was so damn cheesy.

Aevyrie Roessler
25-02-2014, 13:51
But surely there is legal issues with Doc Savage though. Since Man of Bronze was so damn cheesy.

I don't think that's his stage name.

77_HAN
25-02-2014, 13:59
Could I please get an answer to my question?

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?17588-Time-to-be-famous-(Set-your-Real-Name)&p=647985&viewfull=1#post647985

Mark vd Meulen
25-02-2014, 14:08
Are these names also used in "race results/standings"?

If so, would adding your nationality an idea --> for nation flag.

Andy Garton
25-02-2014, 14:13
Are these names also used in "race results/standings"?

If so, would adding your nationality an idea --> for nation flag.
This is a good point - Vitt is this doable please? Do we by any chance already have the info?

Davide Quaroni
25-02-2014, 14:14
Vitt asked us to fill our location field some months ago, and there's a country field too

deadboy
25-02-2014, 14:17
This is a good point - Vitt is this doable please? Do we by any chance already have the info?
We can use the voice "Country" of the profile for that. The flag near the name could be the flag of the country written in that voice of the profile.

Alexander McKenzie
25-02-2014, 14:18
We can use the voice "Country" of the profile for that. The flag near the name could be the flag of the country written in that voice of the profile.

Scotland isn't in the list.

Goncalo Vieira
25-02-2014, 14:19
have confirmed and typed my real name for the game.
Only now noticed that i have also other information such as nationality that wasn't selected.

Maybe you could also ask in 1st post for this field to be updated like Mark vd Meulen sugested.
Thanks

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 14:19
Hi,

with this question [1] there results another question.

I don't know if somewhere this was explainded, i didn't read/found it.
We have a login in this Forum, this is the same for login in pCARS yet.
I have a Steam-Login which is different to this pCARS login.

Which will be used in future after release?
What happens, i fill the field "Shown Name" in Steam to another one, will this interpreted?

[1] http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?17588-Time-to-be-famous-%28Set-your-Real-Name%29&p=648077&viewfull=1#post648077

Andy Garton
25-02-2014, 14:21
Vitt asked us to fill our location field some months ago, and there's a country field too
So there is - I suggest everybody fills this in as well (I just did). If it's not filled in we'll probably just randomly pick between the top half dozen or so racing countries for that user.

Tom Curtis
25-02-2014, 14:22
Scotland isn't in the list.
Give it 7 months.... ;)

Alexander McKenzie
25-02-2014, 14:23
Give it 7 months.... ;)

Hopefully...

Any chance of updating the list to show England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

Kwazi Pig
25-02-2014, 14:23
Scotland isn't in the list. or ENGLAND :(

ZiggyUK
25-02-2014, 14:26
Do you want to know my hand size for the glove animations :loyal:

Just kidding, am glad you choose this route in the end as my real name has always been in my profile but everyone knows me by my nickname (which I also use in Steam)

ibby
25-02-2014, 14:26
It might be a good idea to exclude any AI driver name in career mode if the one you type in at the start of the career matches with one in the AI list.
This way you'd never drive against yourself. Would feel.. odd ? ^^

Casimir Bonnet
25-02-2014, 14:28
I don't know whether he changed that right now but he has given a last name ;)

Did it once my post was written, so Dominic didn't seen it

Casimir Bonnet
25-02-2014, 14:32
So there is - I suggest everybody fills this in as well (I just did). If it's not filled in we'll probably just randomly pick between the top half dozen or so racing countries for that user.

I totally agree with that but won't it be unbalanced with all the countries?
I mean, won't we have a lot of US flags associated to people and only a few for other countries?

cheal
25-02-2014, 14:34

I'd support this as an idea, however it could produce very biased results. I'd love to have my nationality tied to my my name but if 90% of names are US, British, German and Russian it's not going to have a realistic spread.

My name done. I'm fully in support of real names only. Anything else will start to undermine the integrity of the the illusion we are attempting to create.

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 14:34
I totally agree with that but won't it be unbalanced with all the countries?
I mean, won't we have a lot of US flags associated to people and only a few for other countries?
Have a look at this [1].
Just for a little overview...

[1] http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15971-Where-do-you-live

Alexander McKenzie
25-02-2014, 14:38
I'd support this as an idea, however it could produce very biased results. I'd love to have my nationality tied to my my name but if 90% of names are US, British, German and Russian it's not going to have a realistic spread.

My name done. I'm fully in support of real names only. Anything else will start to undermine the integrity of the the illusion we are attempting to create.

Don't most race drivers come from the US, Britain, Germany Brazil etc? You will get some South African, New Zealanders, Romanian etc drivers but they probably aren't as common so WMD users nationalities will probably correlate some what to real life race drivers if you know what I mean.

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 14:39
(Country bit info added... the field was already there)

cheal
25-02-2014, 14:41
Don't most race drivers come from the US, Britain, Germany Brazil etc? You will get some South African, New Zealanders, Romanian etc drivers but they probably aren't as common so WMD users nationalities will probably correlate some what to real life race drivers if you know what I mean.

Possibly or possibly not. I'm mentioning this now because it could be an issue and nationalities may need to be randomized to produce an accurate spread. If WMD membership correlates to the real world then go with it, if not then authenticity is more important and we should just randomize the nationalities (weighted, obviously toward nations with high levels of motorsport competition).

Casimir Bonnet
25-02-2014, 14:42
Have a look at this [1].
Just for a little overview...

[1] http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15971-Where-do-you-live

Ok, maybe my idea of the balancing over the country is false, but the problem is still there with other countries that does not have a lot of registered people...
Don't you think?

V12-POWER
25-02-2014, 14:42
FUK YEA!!!!!!

Remco Van Dijk
25-02-2014, 14:43
FUK YEA!!!!!!
No, we won't support such a name.

cheal
25-02-2014, 14:44
Ok, maybe my idea of the balancing over the country is false, but the problem is still there with other countries that does not have a lot of registered people...
Don't you think?

South America especially appears to be under-represented.

V12-POWER
25-02-2014, 14:44
No, we won't support such a name.

you just broke my heart. feel good now? although I rarely post here so yeah I feel like it's no-chance with it

Bruno Martins
25-02-2014, 14:46
Interesting idea! I already changed some time ago.. :a31:

cheal
25-02-2014, 14:48
Interesting idea! I already changed some time ago.. :a31:

You will still need to set your real name in your profile.

Jason Ganz
25-02-2014, 14:54
I'm good. :-)

Added country as well :-)

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 14:58
Don't you think?
Yes cazsan, your thoughts are entitled.
The graph should only give a roughly overview to the countries.

This graph will not be the same like this one here, yes this is also right.
Who knows how many members will fill that and set the country, we will see.

Maybe it can be developed, that ingame in a career or race with ai that there will be a logic, to fill with much different countries as it can be.
And maybe it is possible, to fill some unreal names with countries, which aren't very high counted?

But i don't know if this will work...
Or the time which the devs have to spend is ok with that intention.

Aldo Zampatti
25-02-2014, 15:18
South America especially appears to be under-represented.

Sadly yes.. We are no wealthy enough for WMD :P

/jk

Michael Pleym
25-02-2014, 15:33
I have two accounts. Does it mean the chances to see my own name in AI races will be doubled, if I fill in my real name in both accounts? :confused:

SwiftyOne
25-02-2014, 15:34
Done for me too:yes: Wow! Just to have your name in a video game..That is sooo cool or what! :cool: I'm already quite famous anyway http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gloria-hunnifords-husband-stephen-way-808332

TonyR
25-02-2014, 15:34
I have two accounts. Does it mean the chances to see my own name in AI races will be doubled, if I fill in my real name in both accounts? :confused:

I'm pretty sure there are female drivers missing. Maybe you fill in the name of your wife or mom or someone :)

Michael Pleym
25-02-2014, 15:36
I'm pretty sure there are female drivers missing. Maybe you fill in the name of your wife or mom or someone :)

Just asked her, but she refuses. :p

Edit: Now I threatened her not to have her own copy of Oculus Rift, and that made her change her mind. :p

Neil Hopwood
25-02-2014, 15:41
Just asked her

and there was your mistake :)

I donated the name on my second account to a freind of mine as a memorial for his brother, big race fan, who dies of cancer last year.

Matthew Beeching
25-02-2014, 15:48
Would it be worth sending an e-shot to all eligible members? (i.e. Team Member+)

March 9th isn't that far away and certain members may be inactive / on holiday etc.

nikeface
25-02-2014, 15:49
how about the in the german language...
(beacause my last name is Rhle....)
codemasters got this one right after 3 years of f1-game-developing :D

TonyR
25-02-2014, 15:52
Just asked her, but she refuses. :p

Edit: Now I threatened her not to have her own copy of Oculus Rift, and that made her change her mind. :p

That's the spirit! :D

BTW: You might want to really fill in your name in the "Real name" field as I expect Vittorio only checking this specific field when it comes to extracting all forum names out of the database.

- That field is the only one who will be used in game (your nickname won't be used);

flymar
25-02-2014, 15:55
Do you know a game with that much different AI names?:) It will be EPIC! Too bad the nick cannot be used some way.

77_HAN
25-02-2014, 15:55
Is there a way to hide the real name field in the profile for data protection reasons and have an input field which only could be seen by the devs for this purpose?

Christian Steinhaeusser
25-02-2014, 15:58
Hey Vittorio,

could you clarify if are ok? They are simple ascii letters but some posts here are confusing ;)

Thanks!

Paul Beugelsdijk
25-02-2014, 15:59
By passing by you mean "get lapped", right? :)

Well, I'd like to see myself win the championship, so yeah! ;)

Eric Bergeret
25-02-2014, 16:08
Great idea :a37:

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-02-2014, 16:12
Great to see things moving on this front as well. =)

Were there any decisions made whether or not the driver names could be associated with series/cars?

(Oh dear, now I'm envisioning a system where every AI driver is persistent and their success/progress is measured just like the player's. Good AI drivers get the same chances as the player, can move up series with them, so you could possibly have an emergent rivalry with some AI driver you met in your early karting days that lasts through the various series all the way up to FA... :))

Steve Loader
25-02-2014, 16:12
I'd like to put in my real name as long as it's not associated with a different nationality than mine, ie. other than Canada.

Joona Nurmi
25-02-2014, 16:33
Hooray, I've always wanted to be famous!

Athlonic
25-02-2014, 16:41
Done here as well.

Thanks for the opportunity ;)

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 16:41
Is there a way to hide the real name field in the profile for data protection reasons and have an input field which only could be seen by the devs for this purpose?

It is already, it cannot be read by other users.

Espen S. Andresen
25-02-2014, 16:45

Hm? I can see the "Real name" field of for instance FLX81 and PetrolHD?

[Edit] Well I COULD - looks like it's gone now ;)

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 16:46

Hm? I can see the "Real name" field of for instance FLX81 and PetrolHD?

We left FLX real name visible so he can be ashamed in real life...
...no really i'm checking now (pls try again).

Simon Bresche
25-02-2014, 16:49

Not visible anymore (unfortunately).

Alex H2O
25-02-2014, 16:49
Thank you for your work!

Remco Van Dijk
25-02-2014, 16:50
Great, thanks Vitt, I wouldn't want everyone on the internet to know my real name...

Alex Hobbs
25-02-2014, 16:50

Were there any decisions made whether or not the driver names could be associated with series/cars?

(Oh dear, now I'm envisioning a system where every AI driver is persistent and their success/progress is measured just like the player's. Good AI drivers get the same chances as the player, can move up series with them, so you could possibly have an emergent rivalry with some AI driver you met in your early karting days that lasts through the various series all the way up to FA... :))

Already planned, the persistent bit that is :)

EDIT: I lol'd hard Remco XD

Julio Ramirez
25-02-2014, 16:51
Are the letters valid?

Also, are we planning to get all the countries flags in the game?

Remco Van Dijk
25-02-2014, 16:53
Are the letters valid?

Also, are we planning to get all the countries flags in the game?
ASCII only AFAIK.

Yannick Willame
25-02-2014, 16:54
Hi

I can't see the "real name" field

I only have
About Yannick Willame
Location Brussels
Country Belgium
Interests N/A
Occupation N/A
Biography N/A

Am I doing something the wrong way?

Remco Van Dijk
25-02-2014, 16:55
Hi

I only have
About Yannick Willame
LocationEdit ValueBrussels
CountryEdit ValueBelgium
InterestsEdit ValueN/A
OccupationEdit ValueN/A
BiographyEdit ValueN/A
Hmmm maybe Vitt disabled a bit too much?

David Bishop
25-02-2014, 16:56
I just looked at my page and can not see my name to edit it (have already set it anyway),the field has disappeared. Same for others?

John Hargreaves
Great, thanks Vitt, I wouldn't want everyone on the internet to know my real name...

Yeah me too, my mum christened me OMG OMG I r t3h r0xx0rz! I r s000 l33t!, but I never really liked that name.:a33:

Espen S. Andresen

They're gone now.
And I think that joke was bad taste. I might be overly sensible due to sleep deprivation though ;)

Ade Young
25-02-2014, 17:01
Hi

I only have
About Yannick Willame
Location Brussels
Country Belgium
Interests N/A
Occupation N/A
Biography N/A

Am I doing something the wrong way?

If you clicked the 'My Profile' tab that is all you'll get, click on 'Control Panel' and then 'edit profile' in the left pane.

Patrick Kulinski
25-02-2014, 17:02
They're gone now.
And I think that joke was bad taste. I might be overly sensible due to sleep deprivation though ;)Control Panel -> Edit Profile. there you can change your "real name". (EDIT: Ade ninja'd me hard)

Simon Bresche
25-02-2014, 17:08
Hmmm maybe Vitt disabled a bit too much?

Yeah. Was just about to mention that.

EDIT: Problem solved... ^^

Yannick Willame
25-02-2014, 17:11
thank you for the help about how to access the editing of the Real Name

OMat
25-02-2014, 17:12
Done !

Florian Henning
25-02-2014, 17:18
This is how you really put the community into the game. I love you guys! :)

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 17:20
Ye, it seems i did something wrong... i'm fixing it.

Jens Schmitt
25-02-2014, 17:24
Nice done :a04:

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 17:26
The Real Name has been moved under the "WMD" category.. all those fields there are private (they can be read/editable only by you..), so it should be fine now.

Simon Bresche
25-02-2014, 17:27
The Real Name has been moved under the "WMD" category.. all those fields there are private (they can be read/editable only by you..), so it should be fine now.

Yup, working.

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 17:30
I also added the regular expression to force you to use ASCII character... please report any odd issue with it (if your real name is not accepted for whatever reason).
(i'm also posting each info into separate posts to collect more likes)

Eric Schroeder
25-02-2014, 17:30
Great to know we all will soon be in game AI's lol! ;)

So Andy T (or was it Andy G?) ...

I remember when I first joined I read a post you made mentioning the possibility that SMS uses our best lap info to use for our AI in game *not exact quote*
Is this still something you guys are looking into doing? :confused:

Christiaan van Beilen
25-02-2014, 17:32
I hope my real name is not too long... 3 first names, prefix before the family name (typically dutch) and than the family name. So... Christiaan Patrick Eddy van Beilen.

Jan Studenski
25-02-2014, 17:40
What about date of Birth?

It would be nice to have also real birthdates assiociated to the real names!!!

Thx Devs for finally implementing :)

Tiago Fortuna
25-02-2014, 17:42
I had to use comtrol panel edit profile to change Real Name and Country on my 3 accounts. The about me only let me change the country. I hope it is fine this way.

Got my daughter's names on the other accounts and i really hope we have a way to have them seen im races. Beeing there and having to wait for random appearance kind of sad. I really want them to see their names in the game ;-)

@Jan my youngest will be 4 in about a month... prodigy kart racer on the way :-)

Vittorio Rapa
25-02-2014, 17:46
I had to use comtrol panel edit profile to change Real Name and Country on my 3 accounts. The about me only let me change the country. I hope it is fine this way.

In fact you did the right thing... well it's working both ways now tho.

flymar
25-02-2014, 17:50

Big "like" to this. But I guess this idea is good for DLC or big expansion "Project Cars - Warband" or ...Team Ruler"

Carlos Eduardo Araujo
25-02-2014, 17:55
Done

Sean Powless
25-02-2014, 18:10
Done! I can't wait for my buddies to see my name in the game and they'll be like 'wuttt' and I'll be like 'see I told you I helped made that' :|

77_HAN
25-02-2014, 18:25
What about date of Birth?

It would be nice to have also real birthdates assiociated to the real names!!!

yes and your bank account and pin number ;)

pez2k
25-02-2014, 18:33
Oh dear, now I'm envisioning a system where every AI driver is persistent and their success/progress is measured just like the player's. Good AI drivers get the same chances as the player, can move up series with them, so you could possibly have an emergent rivalry with some AI driver you met in your early karting days that lasts through the various series all the way up to FA... :)

That is a great idea for letting players weave their own storylines into career, you already get certain AI drivers in Forza being famous among players because of their recurring appearances (ie. M. Rossi, who basically has maxed-out aggression and pace). Having it tailor itself even more to enhance each player's experience would be cool.

Either way, it's going to be bizarre seeing all of the names from the community in races, I might actually feel bad if I have to nudge someone's AI off to win a title. :p

Kai Lochbaum
25-02-2014, 18:36
Ist there a system planned to avoid, that I race against myself? :-p

Alex Hobbs
25-02-2014, 18:39
Ist there a system planned to avoid, that I race against myself? :-p

Consider how many people will be doing this, I don't think there's much chance of that :P

Vic Kirby
25-02-2014, 18:41
Did all mine on day one that I joined WMD.

How are the real names going to be used.
Are they just going to be just randomly selected per race, will the AI be linked to the real driver ability with similar skills and speed. Will be the only time I get to pass the likes of Miagi if it is random:p

crowtrobot
That is a great idea for letting players weave their own storylines into career, you already get certain AI drivers in Forza being famous among players because of their recurring appearances (ie. M. Rossi, who basically has maxed-out aggression and pace). Having it tailor itself even more to enhance each player's experience would be cool.

Either way, it's going to be bizarre seeing all of the names from the community in races, I might actually feel bad if I have to nudge someone's AI off to win a title. :p
Haha I was just thinking of M. Rossi...perfect example. This would be a very cool system.

Seconded on the "will I race myself" thing. Will our names get removed from the pool if we use them as the character name in the career?

Etienne Brien
I have 4 accounts, should I put a different name by account to get more names in the database or only mine in my primary account is enough?

Jan Studenski
25-02-2014, 18:50
yes and your bank account and pin number ;)

I will give u it on request ...

Snoopy
25-02-2014, 18:52
Hey Vittorio,
could you clarify if are ok? They are simple ascii letters but some posts here are confusing ;)
Thanks!
Hi,

no "german Umlauts".

flymar
25-02-2014, 19:12
Ist there a system planned to avoid, that I race against myself? :-p Actually that's cool achievement/ultimate enemy idea.

Chris Wollaston-Savage
25-02-2014, 19:13
This is kind of related, as we're talking about the profile, but is there anyway I can change my nationality to English please? I'm not Scottish or Welsh...

pez2k
25-02-2014, 19:50
But you are British though? The Scots aren't English either, but we're all British (for now). :)

Chris Wollaston-Savage
25-02-2014, 20:11
Would you expect a Scotsman to say he is English? Think about it, David Coulthard had a saltire on his helmet. But I see what you're getting at.... :p

Ian Bell
25-02-2014, 20:21
When has anyone ever seen Northern Ireland as an option...

Lucian Chirvase
25-02-2014, 20:40
It was actually a perk that made me smile back when I've purchased my account, but was looking forward to.
And it was also the thing that made me switch my profile to real name, I thought that's what's going to be used :). Oh well.. my e-ego approves :P.

Sean Brady
25-02-2014, 21:34
I think grid had Northern Ireland as an option. I hope we can ;)

Thomas Berjot
25-02-2014, 21:38
Can't wait to battle against myself in the final game ^^

Marco Engelage
25-02-2014, 21:43
Yay, finally I can beat myself :D

Sooo, lets assume this is my name, what now? :a05:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140225/zhix25ig.jpg

obviously it isn't

Chris Wollaston-Savage
25-02-2014, 22:17
When has anyone ever seen Northern Ireland as an option...

Can't wait to battle against myself in the final game ^^

I know it is in rFactor, but yes I know the Grid games had it as an option. I'm not be faecetious, but with the state of politics in the UK at the moment, plus the fact that we don't lump Canada with the US as North America, I just think it would be a nice option, either here on the forum, or in game. However, it's just a nice to have, not a necessity.

dustyjo
25-02-2014, 22:25
Done.

Quick question, if I put my real name as my driver name in career mode, will it disable any AI drivers with the same name?

Alan Dallas
25-02-2014, 22:30
Heh!! I did this all when I first signed up. :p

Alan Dallas
25-02-2014, 22:36
Would you expect a Scotsman to say he is English? Think about it, David Coulthard had a saltire on his helmet. But I see what you're getting at.... :p
I wouldn't call Allan McNish a Brit either... he's a Scotsman through and through.

I'm a Scotsman by heritage, but born and raised in the USA. Scottish-American like even. :p

Vic Kirby
25-02-2014, 22:46
Here are some names I would like to see driving past me(and they are all real names). Wouldn't get a full lap done for laughing.

Chew Kok Long
Dick Pound
Brownie Shytles
Dickie Head
Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
Jed I Knight
Shakespeare Mozart Armstrong
Jack Goff
Bud Light
willie Stroker
B.J. Cobbledick
Ben Dover
Jack Mehoff
Mike Clitoris

Sorry for this post, I just had to do it.

Khailani M
25-02-2014, 22:53
I already did this when I signed up as well. Can't wait to see my name on an AI driver when the game is finished! :)

dustyjo
25-02-2014, 22:54
No Dick Trickle?

SwiftyOne
25-02-2014, 22:55
Here are some names I would like to see driving past me(and they are all real names). Wouldn't get a full lap done for laughing.

Chew Kok Long
Dick Pound
Brownie Shytles
Dickie Head
Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
Jed I Knight
Shakespeare Mozart Armstrong
Jack Goff
Bud Light
willie Stroker
B.J. Cobbledick
Ben Dover
Jack Mehoff
Mike Clitoris

Sorry for this post, I just had to do it.

Another real name from the world of skiing..Fanny Chmelar

Chris Wollaston-Savage
26-02-2014, 00:33
Another real name from the world of skiing..Fanny Chmelar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwGFX5pgXw

Calaros
26-02-2014, 00:55
Nice, this will be cool! But, no Scotland on the list for those of us who want some regional saltire flag-waving? :D (though seriously i am perfectly comfortable with the union jack lol)

Also is it acceptable to name myself something suitable like Blast Hardcheese or Meat Punchbeef?

Edit:

I wouldn't call Allan McNish a Brit either... he's a Scotsman through and through.

I'm a Scotsman by heritage, but born and raised in the USA. Scottish-American like even. :p

Being Scottish is being British... In more ways than just a name on a passport. They are not mutually exclusive :) That said though I still want to fly my own flag In-game for the sake of being a special snowflake, haha

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 01:02
Ok so i will fill in my brothers name as Real name in my second account :)

I might be wrong here, but I believe you only get the perk once, so if you are 1 person, you should get 1 name , doesn't matter how many accounts you have

if nothing else for example 1 manager = 10 senior accounts .. so does that mean that manager should have 10 names ?

Eric Bergeret
26-02-2014, 07:28
I might be wrong here, but I believe you only get the perk once, so if you are 1 person, you should get 1 name , doesn't matter how many accounts you have

if nothing else for example 1 manager = 10 senior accounts .. so does that mean that manager should have 10 names ?
humm, 1 manager account = 1 name, not 10 :)
he mean 1 name per account like: 1 for junior and 1 for senior.

Dominic Schoenberner
26-02-2014, 07:54

Managers have that, for example, 10x behind their name, so it's only one account. I have two seperate senior accounts and can't combine them. ;)

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 07:55
humm, 1 manager account = 1 name, not 10 :)
he mean 1 name per account like: 1 for junior and 1 for senior.

but you realise if you have 10 senior accounts, it gets merged to 1 manager , right ? .. so if someone had 9 senior accounts, he would get 9 names ?
I belive it was said about perks that they are per person ( paypal email) so you only get 1 AI driver named after you

edit: I also have 1 senior account, but it's still 1 person = 1 AI

there are also people with more senior accounts, it's not only managers

Graham Hawkins
26-02-2014, 08:06
I have no idea of what SMS's official line on this is, but I would say that it's not really in the spirit of WMD to try and get as many perks as you can out of SMS.
Granted this is just a name, but before long we'll have people wanting 5 copies of the game for free etc..

Benjamin Weisenfeld
26-02-2014, 09:07
Didn't managers have their "own" perks, too? Something you'd only get from manager level and above? Like the company billboard or something?

I tried to get a manager account together, sadly I ran out of savings before the lockdown though. So now I'm sitting there with some senior accounts and yes, why wouldn't I want to use the name feature of each account? As long as there's a reasonable use to it, at least. I used mine as an appreciation to my sons, for example.
I would've happily traded those perks for the billboard but hey, that's what you get for being late :D

cheal
26-02-2014, 09:17
Didn't managers have their "own" perks, too? Something you'd only get from manager level and above? Like the company billboard or something?

I tried to get a manager account together, sadly I ran out of savings before the lockdown though. So now I'm sitting there with some senior accounts and yes, why wouldn't I want to use the name feature of each account? As long as there's a reasonable use to it, at least. I used mine as an appreciation to my sons, for example.
I would've happily traded those perks for the billboard but hey, that's what you get for being late :D

I think all names should be used upon review by developers. So if one has 20 accounts and adds names for every member of the family, it'll produce a disproportionate number of drivers with the same surname. However if they spread the surname to avoid this, I don't see why all those names shouldn't be used?

At the end of the day the dev's should have the final say one way or another on what names are used and nobody should feel too entitled about the whole thing.

Dominic Schoenberner
26-02-2014, 09:23
It's not a problem for me. It was only a question ;) When the devs say it's ok, then it's ok. If not then not. It doesn't really matter for me ;)
However that should be cleared. It's the same with game copies. Normally i should get 2 copies because i have 2 accounts. But more clearification would be nice here.

(I don't have 2 accounts for 2 games or 2 names, i have 2 accounts to help SMS even more but don't have the money for Manager - maybe now it would make sense to combine accounts for all Toolpacks...?)

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 09:38
Surely the ability for multiple names is a fair gap between a single senior and a single manager with the extra perks that possesses?

Pugamall
26-02-2014, 09:54
I belive it was said about perks that they are per person ( paypal email) so you only get 1 AI driver named after you

Yep, I'm sure this was quoted before

Eric Bergeret
26-02-2014, 10:14
All name gona be in or selected only ?

Umer Ahmad
26-02-2014, 10:59
No French names

Eric Bergeret
26-02-2014, 11:15
No French names
:a01:

Benjamin Weisenfeld
26-02-2014, 11:22
I think all names should be used upon review by developers. So if one has 20 accounts and adds names for every member of the family, it'll produce a disproportionate number of drivers with the same surname. However if they spread the surname to avoid this, I don't see why all those names shouldn't be used?

Well,

a) as far as I know, multiple accounts would've been combined as far as possible. For example 1 manager out of 10 seniors. I don't think this was optional?
b) if those 20 names are only fun names, like the previous list posted here, of course it should be reviewed by the devs.
c) if someone has a large family though, and wants to see their names in-game, what would be wrong with it?

Especially "c" can't, or shouldn't be, an issue. Every country has it's "typical" names, like Smith, Miller or whatever. Of course you'd see these names more often in the game then.

77_HAN
26-02-2014, 11:26
It will be interesting to know how many names will be used in the game when the deadline closed. If nearly all members are in that list, then the chance of reading your own name in the game will be very low.

rocker_lx
26-02-2014, 11:47
When.. will I... be famouuuuus... ;)

Yes, filled out the field.

Kevin Ochoa
26-02-2014, 12:26
Filled out since I changed to my real name months ago. All set. :D

Hopefully my country's flag is selectable in-game for once. :)

Paulo Miranda
26-02-2014, 12:51
What about Immigration?
Shouldn't we have a "Nationality" field, or treat "Country" as one?

Aldo Zampatti
26-02-2014, 13:39
What about Immigration?
Shouldn't we have a "Nationality" field, or treat "Country" as one?

I wrote Argentina as my country (my nationality) and clarified that on my "location" as you can see...

<---------- Here

James Brooks
26-02-2014, 13:45
I live in Hong Kong...so that is my location, but am British, so my country is down as United Kingdom....that should be the one that appears in game.

So as long as your profile is set up that way then should be no problem.....location should not be taken into account AFAIK

Aldo Zampatti
26-02-2014, 13:47
I live in Hong Kong...so that is my location, but am British, so my country is down as United Kingdom....that should be the one that appears in game.

So as long as your profile is set up that way then should be no problem.....location should not be taken into account AFAIK

I dare them to use my full location field at the name just as it is right now !!! =P

kevmscotland
26-02-2014, 14:55
As mentioned by others, would be nice to see Scotland listed.
Cheers :)

Thomas Sikora
26-02-2014, 15:20
did we get an information if our name is set as opponent?

Rocket
26-02-2014, 15:42
I have an Apostrophe in my last name but if I use it it won't save, is there a fix for this?

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 17:01
Normally i should get 2 copies because i have 2 accounts. But more clearification would be nice here.

I'm sure that this was said before, that having multiple accounts doesn't give you more copies of the game , and I think that's fair. As you said yourself, people buy multiple accounts to help SMS ( and also to make more money out of the game - let's be honest here ) , so they should only get 1 copy of the game

Well,

c) if someone has a large family though, and wants to see their names in-game, what would be wrong with it?

for the pretty same reason as above, I'm sorry but no, it won't be fair to people who have higher perks - yes there are some other perks in there , but I can easily see situation where someone would keep 9 senior accounts - not to be promoted to manager - to get 9 copies of the game and having 9 AI opponents

if you really want your dad/brother/sister name , then use that instead of your own ( as a bonus you will be able to race against them, since you won't be able to race against yourself )

there is already huge list of names, so why make it even bigger ?
let's not be greedy here

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 17:14
I would much rather the Manager perks than a couple of extra names, this seems like jealousy to me if I'm honest Patrik.

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 17:21
I would much rather the Manager perks than a couple of extra names, this seems like jealousy to me if I'm honest Patrik.

not really :)
I don't really care about the Adboard, livery etc. the only perk from manager that I liked ( although who knows if that ever happens) would be to have my face in game .. rest, to me , is really nothing that I couldn't live without

I don't think this is jealousy at all , not really - as I said , I also have additional senior account, but I didn't fill it out and I don't plan on doing so, this game isn't about me and my family , the biggest perk was being able to help put ideas into the game

I'm just saying what's my impression of how the perks were setup , which was I belive 1 sets of perks per person, not per account , and that is same for free game ,

if that's not the case, people can have all the names and free games they want - even though my personal oppinion is that it isn't fair , but that's my oppinion, which in this point doesn't really matter

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 17:59
What I see as unfair is paying for multiple items and only being allowed one. In my particular case I have used 2 of my names and intend on giving a friend an extra game from me as a christmas gift. These are things that I have paid for, completed transactions.

Benjamin Weisenfeld
26-02-2014, 18:13

Absolutely. If upgrading were still possible I'd do it. It wasn't possible for me back then so I let the opportunity slip away.

What I also don't see is a problem with names or even the "free" games. I may be wrong here, it's been a while since I read this, but the "free" copies were supposed to be part of the perk list and, here it comes, optional for additional accounts. They aren't "free" though but you'd have the full MSRP deducted from your rewards account (so to say).
Honestly I can't see how, or where, that would be greedy.

not really :)
I don't really care about the Adboard, livery etc.

If you don't care, why don't you put it to good use? I'm sure there's a charity organization or something like that around that would happily fill in the blanks. Just an idea :)

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 18:19
^ yes, that's the idea, I will donate it to some better good ;) ( as much as I think that charity banners aroudn track look really weird in racing game , but oh well )

if the "free" game is deducted from your reward , - now what would be the sense here ? I can not get the "free" copy and buy it myself form the same money ? the free game was meant as "extra reward" - at least that was my impression

let SMS decide about this then,
the only problem I see is , as I said, 10 senior accounts are equal to 1 manager, 10 managers are equal to 1 senior manager,
so if someone has 5 names in the game due to his 5 senior accounts, if I was senior manager ( although I probably wouldn't care about it) - I would feel disadvantaged , not even saying that the 5 senior guy will get 5 free copies of the game, and I would only get 1

but we're getting bit off topic here

cheal
26-02-2014, 18:19
I have an Apostrophe in my last name but if I use it it won't save, is there a fix for this?

Sounds like a database issue. Unlikely sms could fix it without digging into the forum source code.

SwiftyOne
26-02-2014, 18:30
^ yes, that's the idea, I will donate it to some better good ;) ( as much as I think that charity banners aroudn track look really weird in racing game , but oh well )

if the "free" game is deducted from your reward , - now what would be the sense here ? I can not get the "free" copy and buy it myself form the same money ? the free game was meant as "extra reward" - at least that was my impression

let SMS decide about this then,
the only problem I see is , as I said, 10 senior accounts are equal to 1 manager, 10 managers are equal to 1 senior manager,
so if someone has 5 names in the game due to his 5 senior accounts, if I was senior manager ( although I probably wouldn't care about it) - I would feel disadvantaged , not even saying that the 5 senior guy will get 5 free copies of the game, and I would only get 1

but we're getting bit off topic here

I think you'll find that 10 managers are not even half that of a Senior Manager :)

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 18:32
There is of course nothing stopping you buying an extra 10 games on the returns you get, the financial outcome will be the same provided the game makes a profit.

I do get your point about the whole disadvantaged thing and I do feel it was a slight oversight in the planning department. Forgive the bad names but personally I'd have a squid account (same as our junior), a salmon account (same as a full member), a shark account at current senior and then a kraken account at current manager level. All the perks would be buyable individual assets after account purchase, which adds onto the account value and changes its name accordingly. There would be nothing stopping people buying multiple accounts as it is now and there wouldn't be any complaining about fairness.

However, that isn't the case and I think changing the perks after purchase would be more unfair than leaving it.

Vittorio Rapa
26-02-2014, 18:37
Too much brainstorming guys... each account has individual perks and benefits, since we cannot check if they are separate account or belongs to the same person, so you can add a different name to each if you wish (the account may be used by your mate, son, oldma.. etc.).

Separately (if someone is thinking about the difference of having many account VS one): there's certain advantages by having a unified account (ie: a Manager account instead of having ten Senior accounts) and it's about the handling fees (having the slice of the profit back 10 times on 10 different accounts will cost more that a single transfer...) but overall we're talking about 30,000 members (and potentially 20,000 copies of the game), i would (i hope) call these "tiny numbers" if compared with the numbers we're going to hit on sale.

Tiago Fortuna
26-02-2014, 20:39
I rather have 3 accounts so I can have my daughter's names on the game and mine, obviously.

I won't be any richer with 3 Seniors anyway (but it would be really good if I did right? :D )

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 20:49
I rather have 3 accounts so I can have my daughter's names on the game and mine, obviously.

I won't be any richer with 3 Seniors anyway (but it would be really good if I did right? :D )

PM me her name, I have one free :)

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 20:56
are we going to have females in the game though ? I mean it would be cool
was this ever confirmed?

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 20:58
Why not?

Hannes Wetterauer
26-02-2014, 21:02
I think discussions about females ended when that war on too sexy reporters escalated. But I think it was planned, anyone got sources on this?

rafffel
26-02-2014, 21:03
hmmm i seem having some difficulty.
I can't set my real name with .
This isn't allowed ?

Edit:
Woops missed line saying only ascii char :(

TonyR
26-02-2014, 21:08
I think in 2014 it's a must to have female character in a racing game. They are getting more and more into motorsport in RL and it might also be a motivation for new recruits.
As a video game I think we have some kind of an educational role there.

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 21:10
I think in 2014 it's a must to have female character in a racing game. They are getting more and more into motorsport in RL and it might also be a motivation for new recruits.
As a video game I think we have some kind of an educational role there.

I agree, but that discussion is in other thread :)
I would personally welcome having female as a option when choosing your character, but this needs to be (imo) done properly, and unfortunately the should also mean a slightly different animation for all cars, .. unless we can modify hands slightly in a way that animation will still work ( female don't have same hands as male, even when wearing gloves)

edit: just noticed that thread is close .. so I suppose we can't really continue the discussion , at least not in there

Tiago Fortuna
26-02-2014, 21:12
PM me her name, I have one free :)

Thanks for the offer mate. :thumbs_up:

But I do have 3 Senior accounts; one for me and remaining for each of my daughter's. I meant even though Vittorio might open the account merge below Managers (and even those need to be 10 to merge as Senior Manager) i'd rather keep 3 separate accounts.

I really appreciated the offer though.

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 21:23
Thanks for the offer mate. :thumbs_up:

But I do have 3 Senior accounts; one for me and remaining for each of my daughter's. I meant even though Vittorio might open the account merge below Managers (and even those need to be 10 to merge as Senior Manager) i'd rather keep 3 separate accounts.

I really appreciated the offer though.

No probs :) I misread your post and thought you only had 1 :P

EDIT: @Patrik I disagree that we'd need different anims, even if we get the option of playing as female it's just not worth it for the slight extra believability. Also it's not like you'll see into your opponents cockpits at 100mph and get annoyed at the hand size XD

Sergey Pupko
26-02-2014, 21:31
Woooo!

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 21:34
No probs :) I misread your post and thought you only had 1 :P

EDIT: @Patrik I disagree that we'd need different anims, even if we get the option of playing as female it's just not worth it for the slight extra believability. Also it's not like you'll see into your opponents cockpits at 100mph and get annoyed at the hand size XD

the whole point of female would be so that player could pick it too, don't you think ?
and yes, our opinions are probably different,

obviously, I was talking from driver point of view (speaking of AI, they possibly use different set of animation all together, to save performance ) female character is very different to male,even when wearing racing overall, and especially things like smaller hands, etc.
now there differences might mean that we need new set of animation
and yes, that would be lot of extra work ( including new female driver model)
but to me, this is important , so if we can't afford to spend time on it , I prefer not do it all all and put the saved time elsewhere, rather then doing this quick and dirty

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 21:43
the whole point of female would be so that player could pick it too, don't you think ?
and yes, our opinions are probably different,

obviously, I was talking from driver point of view (speaking of AI, they possibly use different set of animation all together, to save performance ) female character is very different to male,even when wearing racing overall, and especially things like smaller hands, etc.
now there differences might mean that we need new set of animation
and yes, that would be lot of extra work ( including new female driver model)
but to me, this is important , so if we can't afford to spend time on it , I prefer not do it all all and put the saved time elsewhere, rather then doing this quick and dirty

Put in a female name then? I play as females in a lot of games, maybe pcars will become one of them. I see no issue with seeing the same hand/body models. It's not as if you'll see the difference either as you'll only play as one character with no point of ref.

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 21:57
Put in a female name then? I play as females in a lot of games, maybe pcars will become one of them. I see no issue with seeing the same hand/body models. It's not as if you'll see the difference either as you'll only play as one character with no point of ref.

at least in driver outfit selector you will,
also you could notice smaller/different hands in cockpit view also

also if there (hopefully) will be some cinematics, like celebrating victory ..etc

I know, small details to some, but as I said, for me it's only either done well, or leave it out, I don't like half made features just so you can say it's in ,

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 22:02
at least in driver outfit selector you will,
also you could notice smaller/different hands in cockpit view also

also if there (hopefully) will be some cinematics, like celebrating victory ..etc

I know, small details to some, but as I said, for me it's only either done well, or leave it out, I don't like half made features just so you can say it's in ,

And for me you seem to be making the conscious decision to disallow females in the game, rather than allowing them partially. If the dev cost is too high (which it probably is when you consider how long character building is taking) to make female character models then it seems that that aspect won't be possible (nothing stopping a female character name though) but banning female ai names seems like crossing a line to me.

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 22:11
can you quote a line where I said we should not allow for having female names in game ?

I was asking if havign females in game was ever confirmed,
and as the female debate progressed, I said that for me personally, if we should have female in game, they should be done properly - selectable for player, new driver model, possibly new set of animation ( only if necessary )

but nowhere I said that we should disallow for having names that could mean it's female

don't put words into my mount, or make wrong assumptions of what I was intending to say and present that as my opinion

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 22:14
can you quote a line where I said we should not allow for having female names in game ?

I was asking if havign females in game was ever confirmed,
and as the female debate progressed, I said that for me personally, if we should have female in game, they should be done properly - selectable for player, new driver model, possibly new set of animation ( only if necessary )

but nowhere I said that we should disallow for having names that could mean it's female

don't put words into my mount, or make wrong assumptions of what I was intending to say and present that as my opinion

for me it's only either done well, or leave it out

You also raised your concern directly after female AI names being mentioned, and we're in a thread about AI names so I naturally assume that is what this discussion is about.

Patrik Marek
26-02-2014, 22:20
that comment was meant for if we decide to include female character /driver into game, not AI name
hope that it's clear now

I have no control, nor wish to have one, over what AI names will be
my only concern in this regard was people with multiple account having multiple characters, becasue it was to my understanding that perks are per person, not account, but as been said by Vittorio, it will be hard for SMS to check it out ( I assume saying it's ok, since he didn't confirm that it was indented 1 name per person )

Tiago Fortuna
26-02-2014, 22:21
Fighting games best characters are always female... so underrated, really.

Anyway, i'm usually on the side of "do it right or don't" - with very few exceptions when it could add something to whatever subject we talk about. On this particular subject, yes, i'd like to see female characters but tbh it won't add much to the game except extra load on the already super artists/devs we got here thus adding to a probable delay.

Anyway, nothing says features and models can't be added later as DLC or such. And if tracks/cars can be modded... ;)

Alex Hobbs
26-02-2014, 22:25
that comment was meant for if we decide to include female character /driver into game, not AI name
hope that it's clear now

I have no control, nor wish to have one, over what AI names will be
my only concern in this regard was people with multiple account having multiple characters, becasue it was to my understanding that perks are per person, not account, but as been said by Vittorio, it will be hard for SMS to check it out ( I assume saying it's ok, since he didn't confirm that it was indented 1 name per person )

Emmmm why not make a new thread about it since you've openly stated you're not talking about AI names?

Patrik Marek
27-02-2014, 00:27
Anyway, nothing says features and models can't be added later as DLC or such. And if tracks/cars can be modded... ;)

I think this might be good solution, include that in the first big patch ( the one with safety car) maybe ?

Emmmm why not make a new thread about it since you've openly stated you're not talking about AI names?

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's any good to open new thread on something that is locked for discussion , if anything, mods can unlock it but new thread - I don't think it's good idea

TKore
27-02-2014, 13:08
I can't seem to fill in my real name. It doesn't save. Did save my country though.

Simon Bresche
27-02-2014, 13:59
I can't seem to fill in my real name. It doesn't save. Did save my country though.

Make sure that you use plain ASCII letters, only.

Istvan Siroki
27-02-2014, 14:13
I wonder how many thousand names will SMS gather. What will be the odds that I can race against "myself"...

cheal
27-02-2014, 14:16
Also Apostrophe's don't seem to work for that field.

Benichou Benjamin
27-02-2014, 15:54
Cool this for my son Raph ,D

Mohammed El Gueriri
28-02-2014, 13:16
Done! I'd love to have my name in the game! I think thousands of people would have problems pronouncing my name though :D. An English colleague of mine once picked up the phone and asked if we knew someone called Mormand Guerand. It took me a couple of minutes until I realized the call was actually for me :a11:

Joshua Healy
01-03-2014, 10:35
Changing it to my sons name now, hope this is ok with the blue guys :)

On a side note (and off topic) but since we are adding countries as well, does that mean that countries can be tied into what AI's are selected for certain series? So for example a low British series is likely to be a majority of English, Irish and Scottish racers, with maybe a couple of international guys as well?

noroardanto
02-03-2014, 08:32
Lets hope virtual me is a better driver.

Haha me too

Hugo_Bosix
03-03-2014, 11:17
Done!:)

johncarr79
03-03-2014, 18:30
Done

Matt McCray
04-03-2014, 03:51
Ah I can't wait til I have my AI beat me in a race! LOL

TKore
04-03-2014, 07:51
Done now, it dindn't seem to register the "". Filled it in with a regular "e" and everything worked.

Cartman78
04-03-2014, 11:40
Done :)

Lukasz Ratajczyk
04-03-2014, 16:14
Done I'm going to be famous !!!:)

Graham Hawkins
04-03-2014, 16:28
To quote Mr Prange from earlier in this thread.

Indeed, "Done" kind of postings aren't necessary really.

Not Available
05-03-2014, 01:46
**poke**
So "Not Available" as a driver name is still not okay?
I want to be the Stig of PCARS, lol.

(I have my real name on my alternate account)

Add-on: does what member package you have influence where we'll appear in-game?
(As my other account is a Team Member level)

add-on2: No HK S.A.R.... dang... I will not put China...

SwiftyOne
05-03-2014, 02:03
**poke**
So "Not Available" as a driver name is still not okay?
I want to be the Stig of PCARS, lol.

(I have my real name on my alternate account)

I would have been just plain "Swifty" but it's not allowed, a very good point explained to me by Vittorio Rapa just to be clear..."Use a real name.. not a nickname If the police will stop you asking your name.. what do you tell em? That's the name you should use" (snip...)

Not Available
05-03-2014, 02:42
Guess I'll have to lend the naming rights to a friend then...
I did some hard thinking about who to give it to, nice to have more female drivers.
I'll probably ask a classmate I doing an assignment with in one of my Comp. Sci. classes if she's interested.

I live in Hong Kong...so that is my location, but am British, so my country is down as United Kingdom....
I was born in HK, but moved before '97 and grew up in T.O, sooo.... (Never went to the mainland)
I guess I'll stick with Canada for now...
British born Chinese Canadian lol