PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years of Project CARS - How Far We've Come

Rob Prange
14-10-2013, 14:59
Check out a very cool new video trailer made by hybrid.art to celebrate Project CARS' second anniversary!

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/2-years-of-project-cars-how-far-weve-come/

Bruno Alexandre
14-10-2013, 15:10
Nice article Rob, posted at steam with links to the trailer and wmdportal.

FLX81
14-10-2013, 15:11
Nice article, Rob. But Unfortunately it seems that you forgot to mention the LMP design contest (ideally with a "more on that soon" tag) in the things that the community achieved. :a33:

Rob Prange
14-10-2013, 15:15
Duh, of course!...has been added :)

Simon Bresche
14-10-2013, 18:29
Rob, somehow the Google+ button isn't alligned with the Twitter and FB one. Just saying...

R8TEDM3
14-10-2013, 18:31
Congrats to everyone involved in the project, and i'm very happy to be a part of this great community! Thanks for using my front page pic Rob, makes my day:) Also great trailer by hybrid.art, love the shake effect!

I've been working on a trailer myself for about 1 1/2 months so far, and it's gonna be in full UHD 4k resolution downsampled from 8k! It's coming along nicely, but there's still some more work to be done!

Cheers, Mario

Patrik Marek
14-10-2013, 18:49
cool trailer :)

I was expecting this to be more like comare old and new footage .. but definitely looks great! .. still rooms to improve things, but it's all slowly coming together! hopefully the rest of the game will be as good as audio and video

hybrid.art
14-10-2013, 19:04
I also want to thank everyone involved in this absolutely great project! I'm very pleased to be together with such a highly dedicated and great community!
Today was an awesome day and I feel extremely lucky that this trailer made it to the front page. I never expected any of my footage to be there and I'm still overwhelmed.

Congratulations to everyone! Lets get this game done and polished, Together! The last year has begun. Time to open a beer now. Cheers!!! :)

Eric Schroeder
14-10-2013, 19:13
Great trailer, and I look forward to the "final year" (?) of development! ;)

I noticed at the end of the article though that it still mentions releases for the PS3 and Xbox 360...
Maybe I missed something, but I thought it was decided we were not releasing on those platforms? :confused:

Simon Bresche
14-10-2013, 20:16
Great trailer, and I look forward to the "final year" (?) of development! ;)

I noticed at the end of the article though that it still mentions releases for the PS3 and Xbox 360...
Maybe I missed something, but I thought it was decided we were not releasing on those platforms? :confused:

It hasn't been decided, yet, AFAIK.

Raphael Klapczynski
14-10-2013, 21:12
Very nice article, loved to read it - it something like "think about the good old times" :distant:

Dominic Schoenberner
15-10-2013, 09:18
Nice article, thanks :)

James Brooks
15-10-2013, 09:22
Maybe with the release of the game they can release a legacy build 71 for download as well.....would be great to see how its come since then.

Goncalo Vieira
15-10-2013, 11:18
quite proud to be part of Project Cars.
Congratulations for this 2 wonderful years!

Thanks

John5200
15-10-2013, 15:09
Great trailer even though I thought it would show some old builds. We still need a Vid with the "evolution" of pCars. You know like the first builds with Spa and Barthurst, the early Nordschleife without any surroundings. How the day-night cycle came in, how the early multiplayer was, how the car sound and physics improved over time etc. etc.

Maybe that's just me :rolleyes:

C3PO
17-10-2013, 07:44
Great video!

(Rest of message edited now as it is now irrelevant).

Mustafa Sikandary
04-12-2013, 20:03
Maybe with the release of the game they can release a legacy build 71 for download as well.....would be great to see how its come since then.

Yes, this please. Will be great to compare the two and see the evolution of the game.