PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS Community Gallery #63

Rob Prange
09-08-2013, 12:12
The newest Project CARS Community Gallery is out, follow the link below to not miss out on another amazing batch of community-created screenshots!

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-63/

Stefan Ihl
09-08-2013, 12:15
Awesome choice Rob! :yes:

R8TEDM3
09-08-2013, 12:31
Each and every one of them are pure winners! Great pic's fellas, and awesome selection's as usual Mr. Prange. Congrats everyone!

kelnor34
09-08-2013, 12:48
One word, as usual............................................ GORGEOUS!:yes:
Thx Rob...

wizza
09-08-2013, 16:02
superb :D

Ben Buja
09-08-2013, 22:13
8 of my screenshots made it into this gallery, thanks Rob :)

Eric Zehnder
15-08-2013, 14:33
Can we please start working on screenshots that aren't over saturated and meant to look like a Michael Bay movie? I know they look very cool and impressive but what's more impressive is matching reality in terms of color and lighting. The sim community is panning these constant screenshot galleries as being unrealistic and it's hurting us a bit. We already have the movie flashy stuff, now lets produce the realism.

wizza
15-08-2013, 21:55
While I kinda agree with your statement we are not working for SMS in regards of producing screenshots. We do this to express how beautiful and diverse the game can look with our own individual style. I'm sure When SMS are ready they will produce screens to show how close to reality the game can come :D

Eric Zehnder
19-08-2013, 14:19
While I kinda agree with your statement we are not working for SMS in regards of producing screenshots. We do this to express how beautiful and diverse the game can look with our own individual style. I'm sure When SMS are ready they will produce screens to show how close to reality the game can come :D

This is like Kunos making public videos of Assetto Corsa that are filmed with an iPhone off the screen. Many, including myself, think it'd be exceedingly easy to use a video capture software like FRAPS as everyone's seeing these videos. I was told that it wasn't for publicity purposes. Here's the thing - yes, it is. These community-sourced screenshots make it into weekly updates at VirtualR and many other websites. These and the community-made videos are the only thing the world sees regarding this game and they certainly don't know that they're not actually made by SMS themselves. The community represents the game.

I'm just saying that it'd be cool for someone to try to really match lighting and color conditions. Given we're at 63 galleries of glossy (still impressive shots), maybe it's actually more of a challenge to do that than what we've been producing. The upside being people are then convinced that it's not going for Shift-style graphics/colors.

wizza
19-08-2013, 20:24
Actually it clearly states that these are community made screenshots and not the work of SMS. Furthermore I'm sure Ian or Andy would ask us if they wanted some stock screens to be made to advertise the game to show off its "realistic look" :D

Hugh Crummond
19-08-2013, 20:32
They will evolve with the sim...
That's the idea...
Even the outsiders can see that, lets not fret

Everyone's got their own style, that's how versatile the sim is, even at this early stage

Rob Prange
19-08-2013, 22:21
I'm always trying to include both "dramatic & artsy" ones as well as more "realistic" looking ones.

In the end it is all about preferences and this is what we're pushing, just like when it comes to driving aids or other settings - pCARS will appeal to a wide variety of tastes, that includes the graphics style as well. :)