PDA

View Full Version : Ben Collins: Onboard with C.A.R.S.

Andy Tudor
06-10-2011, 17:01
Some may say... we have a Stig onboard! (http://wmdportal.com/projectnews/ben-collins) ;)

Rodrigo Borba
28-10-2011, 02:32
Very Very Nice !
Stig is the man !

dhedhemit
28-10-2011, 02:48
yaay...
Please share his lap time. I want to beat the STIG ^^

Dan Blamey
28-10-2011, 05:40
Some say, his lap times don't exist, and you are only beating yourself...

BazzaLB
28-10-2011, 06:45
You gave me an idea (not a particularly useful one mind you, but what the heck). If I was writing CARS, I would add a feature to "challenge the stig". You would be given Stig's best lap time for the selected track.. Once you beat it , you would get "congratulations the Stigg has been informed of your fantastic achievement you hardcore sim racer you! Take your helmet off as you've earned a nice cold beer", but craftily I would have the game automatically inform you that the Stig just beat your new time by (insert random hundredths of seconds between 150 and 10) the next time you logged in... That would probably keep some people going for months believing they were racing the stig when in fact they were simply racing themselves ;)

Priit Vork
28-10-2011, 07:20
And all that should take place on the Top Gear test track.

COLONetiCZ
28-10-2011, 09:39
I heard you have any fundamental objections about race cars physic and behavior,... Lets talk about driving and racing experience Mr. "Hardcore Simracer"...My name is Ben Collins...

Big Ron
30-10-2011, 14:31
Very Very Nice !
Stig is the man !

You know, that he means Ben Collins (physics artist) and not the Stig?

Simon Kaminski
30-10-2011, 14:54
???

He is The Stig but okay....

Chronus
06-11-2011, 02:00
I heard you have any fundamental objections about race cars physic and behavior,... Lets talk about driving and racing experience Mr. "Hardcore Simracer"...My name is Ben Collins...

I hope C.A.R.S. forums management read the post above and reflect on it. We have seen this kind of corrosive thinking grow to something so widespread on iRacing that currently very few dare utter the mildest critic for fear of being ridiculed: "are you a professional racing driver? No? Shut up. Your opinion counts zero."

If we want C.A.R.S. to be big, really big, to have a grand impact, we have to be inclusive, not divisive.

Bottom line: ban from C.A.R.S. development the if-you're-not-a-professional-racing-driver-shut-up mentality.

A friendly warning from someone who wants C.A.R.S. to really succeed.

Cheers
PS: don't excuse that posters message with a "just having fun post". There is obviously more to it than that, as the poster referred to a particular kind of simracer.

Rodrigo Borba
07-11-2011, 04:10
You know, that he means Ben Collins (physics artist) and not the Stig?

I think you are mistaken Big Ron, Andy Tudor post have a link that points precisely to the announcement that Collins is well behind us.
In this article there is something that says this: Ben as best man formerly known as 'The Stig' from BBC's popular Top Gear show. But he also had an extensive racing career since 1994, including the conduct of GT racing teams at Le Mans, Formula Three and more.
So it is a pilot, and also the STIG.
Cheers.