PDA

View Full Version : C.A.R.S. Project Perks Announced!

Andy Tudor
06-10-2011, 13:55
When you join a project on WMD and become a Team Member, not only do you get to see it being made, play regular new versions of it, and speak to the devs directly, but you also get rewarded for doing so.

These rewards are known as Project Perks and different ones get activated depending on the Tool Pack you currently own.

Check out the C.A.R.S. specific Perks over here! (http://wmdportal.com/projectnews/c-a-r-s-project-perks-announced) and if you see one you like simply upgrade! (http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php)

James McCarthy
14-10-2011, 04:37
What's the difference between 'Opponent naming' and 'Get in the game!'? Is an opponent not a driver?

Marc-Andre Denis
14-10-2011, 13:51
And what are those track days you mention? sounds like a whole lot of fun! Can't wait to attend it! :D

Markus Ott
17-10-2011, 11:40
Would also like to know what track days are in this case. Real life meetings at certain race events?

Andy Tudor
17-10-2011, 12:42
What's the difference between 'Opponent naming' and 'Get in the game!'? Is an opponent not a driver?

'Drivers' are AI teammates you could potentially hire for your race team to drive in that second seat for disciplines like F1 or GT1 that require a second driver on a team.

'Opponents' are simply AI opponents you drive against in races.

Ie.. everyone from Team Member & higher can have an opponent named after them, but only Managers & higher will have their name in the game as teammates you can hire ;)

Andy Tudor
17-10-2011, 12:43
Track Days are real-life events correct and are only available to Seniors and above.

Hobbs77
17-10-2011, 13:20
Track Days are real-life events correct and are only available to Seniors and above.
Is there a list of tracks and possible dates?

Andy Tudor
17-10-2011, 13:55
Not yet, details will be announced nearer the time.

Peter Osburg
17-10-2011, 16:17
Would it be a viable reason to upgrade from Team Member to Senior? :D

Mark Silcock
21-10-2011, 04:08
You guys fancy a trip to NZ for a track day? :P ....... erm maybe not then oh well

Ross Siggers
21-10-2011, 16:25
I can only get an opponent named after me, but I've got my heart set on having Siggs as...

...the guy you lap every single race :C

Priit Vork
21-10-2011, 16:35
Would be awesome if we could set our own attributes to the guy named after us. I'd want to be the AI who always crashes in T1.

TomasT
22-10-2011, 13:30
I would like to record in some way a lap somewhere if my named appear, to have a certain pace and similar lines to how I drive ;P

MitchR32
22-10-2011, 14:19
Sweet being able to have an opponent named after myself, just make sure they wear orange/white/black and are good at putting people under pressure :D

ermo
22-10-2011, 21:41
Can you have the A.I. rage quit because someone 'drove into them' on the way to T1? Then I should be all set for having an opponent named after me. *Ahem*

Roger Lee
23-10-2011, 04:00
It would be cool if we could record a ghost lap and that be a base for our AI's lap!!

djotefsoup
23-10-2011, 04:07
It would be cool if we could record a ghost lap and that be a base for our AI's lap!!

Along similar lines - MP/ghost generated failures was also pretty much the first thing (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?182-AI-Personality-Traits&p=4392&viewfull=1#post4392) I asked about.

Blurring the lines between AI and an AI named after you / the general MP playerbase is something I would really love them to shoot for :)

senn
17-02-2012, 02:54
Track days is kinda interesting, I just dunno how relevant it is to people who live a long way from where the game is being developed. Some more info on this further down the track?

dusty
08-03-2012, 15:29
hello Andy

I know you must be so busy sorry to bother you but I searched forums a bit and could not find answer to my question.

In senior member it says ''Can attend Track Days'' , what is track days?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But I may be interested in upgrading as I am sure others are considering it and
reading each feature closely.

''Track Days are real-life events correct and are only available to Seniors and above. '' does this mean we get to watch you race/ or test at a real track? or is it testing a real life track in the game?

-------------------------------------
(ty yannlebanc for link below/// i came back to post what i found on that liknk so people dont have to read 2 threads...)

Ian Bell -
''We're going arrange track days later in the project guys. it will coincide with a marketing push so the game needs to be fairly well progressed. We'll go to a local circuit and have some training in fast cars with experts. ''

YANNLEBLANC
08-03-2012, 15:32
Go here: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?3265-Answered-Track-Days ;)

Andy Tudor
08-03-2012, 15:38
Hey there - not a dumb question ;)

Track days are real-life events that we may organise in the future (probably UK-based) for members (Senior +) to attend and race some real-life cars (or bring your own!). Since space would likely be limited Managers would get priority access and Senior Managers will get additional advantages on the day (champagne and Ferrero Rocher? ;))

More info on these as they appear though - mostly likely to tie in with some beneficial marketing event as Ian has said.

cluck
08-03-2012, 16:53
With this Ferrero Rocher you are really spoiling us :D.

I have to say it would make me upgrade to Senior in a flash if I knew there was even the remotest chance I could get some track time out of it - I read the 'perk' as simply that you could attend the day but not go on track. I'm considering upgrading anyway after seeing the latest tracks, but this would clinch it without a doubt. To be honest though, it will be nice even to just turn up and watch some nice cars going round the circuit :).

liammanator
08-03-2012, 17:30
Sounds like fun. looks like I'll be upgrading

Andrew Clark
08-03-2012, 17:57
You gonna buy Micas and Wayne a Plane ticket?
Hey there - not a dumb question ;)

Track days are real-life events that we may organise in the future (probably UK-based) for members (Senior +) to attend and race some real-life cars (or bring your own!). Since space would likely be limited Managers would get priority access and Senior Managers will get additional advantages on the day (champagne and Ferrero Rocher? ;))

More info on these as they appear though - mostly likely to tie in with some beneficial marketing event as Ian has said.

eclap78
08-03-2012, 18:58
If I can attend a real track day with pCARS players in the UK (Silverstone maybe, or Donnington) I'm all over that.

Jason Ganz
15-03-2012, 15:55
I wish there was one in the USA, bringing one here would make me jump to Senior in a Heartbeat (even if it meant I could only drive my '96 corolla DX around the track twice... i'd have a GREAT time)... I've never been on a racetrack before.

PS: Watkins Glen please!

Jason

CL0NE
15-03-2012, 16:06
Exclusive Cars,when,where and how ?

Sgt.Seg
15-03-2012, 16:42
So there are many opponents named after Players? Does this mean, that i don't race against the real names? So if you get a license for DTM for example, do you include the real names of the DTM drivers or the CARS members? Confusing...

Dany Mitchel
15-03-2012, 23:35
I would like to record in some way a lap somewhere if my named appear, to have a certain pace and similar lines to how I drive ;P

yes any Driver named after you should represent your style and speed may be any one wishing to could go record Some laps and the Devs use them Stats to make your Driver that would be amazing Immortalised in a game

Tim Foster
17-03-2012, 09:31
yes any Driver named after you should represent your style and speed may be any one wishing to could go record Some laps and the Devs use them Stats to make your Driver that would be amazing Immortalised in a game

Mine will be the one causing the pile up at the first corner then, or failing that, pinballing from barrier to barrier up the main straight :rolleyes: